Kinex Employee Reviews

unpaid wages.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 November 2018
promised massive commisions and an easy wages but nothing of the sort.
drive for miles on end to appointments that are not interested and when you complain your told its your fault and your a poor salesperson.
when I left i was promised i would get what was owed to me however 7 weeks on I am finding I am still chasing the commision they owe me.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
unpaid wages.
Good work
Part-time Summer Work (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 November 2018
Nice summer job.

Too much expected from newcomers

Not enough recognition

Not enough training for particular roles

Very nice team of people

Quick work place
Super fun place to work !
Telecom sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 November 2018
Kinex as a whole is a great place to be! From the management to the workers there, there's nothing else I would look for in a work place :)
The whole office environment is always positive where the team always works together and aims to come out on top. The managers will support you even when they have their on work to do and ensure we are the best possible version of ourselves.
Pros
3 breaks

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and have strong working relationships with your team and management :)

Keep up all the great work!

Challenging and Informational
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 October 2018
The most challenging part of the job was getting potential customers to listen to you for five minutes before ending call on you abruptly. However some days was pleasant and fun to work, along with the support and training provided.

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Kinex!

We are also pleased to hear the training and support provided to you suited your needs.

We wish you all the best in your further roles.

Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 October 2018
Really easy job, you ring data all day and can have a laugh with colleagues as long as you're working at the same time. Fun lively environment, and working around positive people makes you want to go into work.

Working hours are 9 till 6 rather than 8 till 5 as the last hour of the day most business' you are contacting are closed so less likely to make sales in this hour
Pros
managers and colleges always motivate each other to do well and improve, managers are willing to help you out if you're struggling, More than enough time for lunch and breaks in between, Games played to keep everyone motivated throughout the day, Really good commission structure, lots of money can be made easily, Reasonable targets

Hi,

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time working for Kinex and wish you all the best in your next position.

Depressing
Field Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM10 October 2018
Have nothing positive to say about working here. Never had the proper training and was thrown into the deep end and struggled quite badly. The manager of the group I was in didn't even know how to sell the products and had the cheek to speak to you as if you were nothing when you didn't get a deal. Other than that the call center looked like a fun environment to work in where in, never heard any negative comments about and you got the proper training.

The salary for this job is really good but I had to leave personally as life is to short to be miserable!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Field Sales Advisor, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@Kinex.co.uk)

Shocking but good pay
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham30 September 2018
Was let go after lack of sales. Calling the same people everyday even those who didn't want us to call back. Manager was amazing and actually lost his job for me by keeping me on a week after further management said to fire me. The environment was fun and business like.
Pros
Fun work environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and no jam b security

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us.

We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kinex

Great job, fun and motivational!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2018
Motivational office with a friendly and fun environment. This job is a good job to earn money. Staff is all friendly and helpful, always support available. The positivity in the office makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Also the best thing about the job is the commission and at the end of every month we win amazing prizes from the raffle draw. We play fun games which is really motivational for us all because it makes our job so different.
Pros
Good way to earn money and fun environment

Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development and support of our staff is always at the forefront of our minds!

The uncapped commission structure is our way of thanking our staff for all their hard work and allowing them to control their own earnings. As well as the raffle to keep things fun and interesting each month!

Thanks again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Working for kinex
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2018
Kinex is a decent job.. its a good way to make money.. comission is totally down to individuals.. what u earn is up to u.. staff an management are helpful and full training is also given.. when new people start the job they are welcomed and also enjoy what we do here! This is a sales job where targets are to be met if u put in the work there is nothing to worry about
Pros
incentives, good way to earn money

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and are benefiting from our uncapped commission structure.

Keep up all the great work!

Fun Office. Never a dull day
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2018
Applied with no telesales experience but training is provided. Still had difficulties booking appointments on my first week so one of the manager helped me gain confidence. There’s always new games every week. Work and play is balanced. There’s targets to be reached each week but with hard work it’s achievable. It’s a sales company so it’s very competitive but the commissions are worth it.
Pros
Games, monthly prize like £200 voucher, laptop, etc.

Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to a review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression of staff is always a priority for us.

It's great to hear you are enjoying the balance of the fun environment as well as getting the job done!

Exaggerated
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 September 2018
Going for the interview they big the job up but its nothing like they make out. expected to ring same data a couple of days after so get nothing but abuse. get dirty looks off the manager if not doing well with appointments that day, wouldnt recommend.
Pros
weekends off.
Cons
not worth the money you get
24 September 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience at kinex as we work hard to ensure everyone enjoys coming to work. We appreciate all feedback and will look into the issues raised with the management team.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you all the best for the future. .

fun,lively workplace with exellent benefits
Telesales Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 September 2018
What a fantastic place to work.
I have been here a fair while now and hope to stay here a lot longer. The management are very helpful and always there to give a hand when needed and to motivate you when u are struggling they are fair when it comes to targets and discipline howether they are also the first to have a laugh. With plenty of incentives throughout the day and ongoing banter between the team (whilst still dialing of course) the office is always a lively energetic place to work. the benefits here are also superb with un-capped commission and weekly channel bonuses as well as both monthly and seasonal prizes up for grabs. kinex is not like any job I have had before and hope to be here for many years to come
Pros
benefits, bonuses, management
Cons
monthly pay
24 September 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it's fantastic to hear you're enjoying your role at kinex and the fun office atmosphere. We love holding competitions and incentives for our employees so it's great that you're motivated by them.

Thanks for all your hard work and for having such a positive attitude!

Telesales (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 September 2018
I’ve been working here for a few months now, really come out my shell and become more confident thanks to the people I work with! Such a fun atmosphere to work in with great insentives and targets to receive great rewards and bonuses. The managers are always willing to help and guide you when you need. All essential training is provided in 2 training sessions.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
No early finish Fridays
19 September 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are really pleased you have gained confidence at kinex and enjoy the fun working atmosphere.
We'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you onboard and thank you for all your hard work!

Fun and exciting work environment
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 September 2018
Worked here for a short amount of time and loved it. Everyone who works for the company are really friendly and do everything they can to help you in every way they can.
Pros
Motivating environment, fun based Work place
17 September 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're pleased you enjoyed our friendly office environment! We work hard to make sure all employees feel supported and happy whilst at kinex.

expect you to reach unrealistic targets
Phone sales (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
worked here for almost 7 weeks
expected unrealistic targets then just drop you like a fly
Think management in head office need to read contracts a little closer buy some glasses so you can see as it clearly states when you have been there for more that a month they have to give you notice
that is a load of lies as they just let you go and leave you high and dry
Pros
good wage good hours
Cons
treat you like rubbish when you dont get targets

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience at kinex but are glad you appreciated the working hours and wages. If you could please contact our HR Department (HR@kinex.co.uk) who will be able to provide greater guidance.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in your future endeavors.

i love coming to work
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 August 2018
I currently work for Kinex in the Sheffield office and I must admit its the best place I have ever worked , the staff are very friendly and the management always push me to be the best I can be in the role .
The company installs a great ethos by playing games and creating a great environment in a very hard sales roll.
Pros
exellent wages great management team aswell as a friendly enviroment
Cons
could do with a 5.00pm finish on a friday and i dont agree with the dress code

Hello,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's fantastic to hear your enjoying the friendly working environment and have a great relationship with your manager.

We appreciate your feedback and have recently conducted a company wide employee engagement survey to drive change.

Thank you for your continued hard work and keep up the great attitude!

exellent enviroment to work in
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 August 2018
Been working for Kinex a number of months and love coming to work everyday, always progressing in my career in sales and developing new tools and skills for the roll.
with it been a target driven job you have to be equipped and prepared with the right mind set and strengths to keep your self driving forward and pushing your self towards the next progression in the company. a typical day in the office involves, team bonding i.e games work related to get us thinking fast on our feet. adequate breaks. Generally a fun environment to be in.... this is a tough job, but that's sales! couldn't think of a better place to work... I've nearly quit a million times but management always pick you back up!!!
Pros
exellent wages
Cons
could do with a 5.30pm finish on a friday

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're very happy to hear you enjoy coming to work as we strive to ensure all employees have a positive experience at kinex.

We do understand a sales environment can be tough but its great you have a good relationship with your manager to put things back on track.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Good work for target-driven people
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom22 August 2018
A typical day for a field-sales representative is attending about 5 appointments, normally about 20-30 miles apart, so prepare to drive for a lot of the day.

These appointments are generally well planned and viable, so closing deals from them is certainly possible. Once you understand the steps to the sale and accept the fact that it is a hard-sell most of the time, there are very few surprises.

As far as the pay goes, it's misleading to new applicants due to the fact that there are many potential chances to actually lose out on your commission; but in fairness if you take the time to read the details there are no lies there, only a slight slant on the truth (which is the role of a salesman in a nutshell). Despite this, once you have the experience in the role it's more than possible to make a reasonable income from this position, and management ( in my experience) are often supportive and encouraging throughout the process.

It's hard to tell from the field sale rep role, but the telesales team appear to have a reasonably high turn-over of staff, presumably this is largely down to the fact that their job is not an easy one, and is faced regularly with rejection. This is probably just due to the fact that it's cold-calling, and not everyone understands how much rejection that entails. Still, I personally have a high number of appointments that the telesales team create that are more than viable to close deals from, so clearly the steps to the sale on their end work.

The worst part about the job is the fact that there isn't a basic salary attached- meaning that (
  more... as with all commission-only positions) it comes with a large amount of risk. Further, the fact that you technically work as self-employed puts extra stress on the field sales representatives regarding tax; a lack of benefits or ability to charge mileage to the company.

On the other hand, the commission structure is genuinely very good, being self-employed can give people with outside-work commitments the much needed freedom they desire, and the work that I do is very enjoyable. I'm not much suited to a desk-based job, and so a simple job where I get to talk people into purchasing a product is ideal for myself and others in a similar mindset.

Overall the company has treated me well so far, and I look forward to continuing my position as a field sales representative for the future.
Pros
Driven staff and management; great pay; enjoyable work.
Cons
Misleading commission structure to newcomers; high staff turnover for the telesales team.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're glad you are happy with the number and quality of appointments you receive. It's great to have a detailed review of the role from a field sales advisor as we understand it can be a challenging but rewarding role.

We really appreciate all your hard work!

Avoid like the plague!!! Worst places to work period!!!
Kinex (Former Employee) –  Kinex31 July 2018
Wow! I lasted a week at Kinex and it was the most inhumane workplace I've ever witnessed! Take my word for it stay away even if your desperate, low on money or even homeless it's not worth it!
Pros
Non
Cons
Ridiculous Targets, Terrible Pay, High Staff Turnover, Rude Manager & Staff the list goes on...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are disappointed to hear you have had a negative experience at kinex as we work hard to ensure all employees have a enjoyable time with us. Unfortunately it's unclear from your review which office you worked in, if you could please contact the HR Department (HR@kinex.co.uk) in confidence and provide greater details we will look into this matter internally.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

The guy training us was on drugs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 July 2018
Literally, the worst place iv ever worked! The regional manager who was training us was on drugs and the whole place was so unprofessional! Don't apply for this job you'll be fired within a month
Pros
Wages
3 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take allegations of this nature very seriously, please contact our HR department (HR@kinex.co.uk) and provide us with greater details so a investigation can take place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.