Kinex Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent17 June 2018
I had only been there two weeks and unfortunately I’d come down with a sickness bug on my third week, I rang in to let them know I wouldn’t be in only to be told that I’d have to come as I’m on probation. So I mustered it and went in as I didn’t want to loose my job. Only to be told that I’d now have to “reapply” for the job as I was late to work, even though I’d never been late previously. After some calls, I found out that the underlying tone was that I hadn’t met my targets in my second week, even though I had a brilliant first week, exceeding my targets. Speaking to colleges there, I realised that a lot of people come and go. In my short time there four people had left (excluding myself). It seems like a great place to work at first as there’s perks for making “deals” on a comission basis and friendly work colleges however, it turned out not to be a great company to work for due to my experience and how I was unfairly treated.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Long hours, excuses for releasing workers
amazing place to work
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 June 2018
I have been working for kinex in sheffield for over 4 years as a lead generator contacting businesses offering much cheaper packages for their telecoms and broadband
great fun and highly motivated place to work
Pros
great incentives and bonus to be earned
Cons
sometimes stressful
new job loving it
Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 June 2018
this is my 4th month with this company and I'm loving it, I moved to Newcastle for university and now I work here full time, been smashing the calls and apps out every week I'm making great bonus and really enjoying every day at my new job
Pros
fun exciting bonus is great
Cons
need a microwave
hard work pays off
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 June 2018
I have been working for kinex in Newcastle for over 5 years as a lead generator contacting businesses offering much cheaper packages for their telecoms and broadband
great fun and highly motivated place to work
Pros
great incentives and bonus to be earned
Cons
sometimes stressful
good money good fun
fast paced outbound job with great commissions structure I have been working for kinex for 3 years its the only job ive worked tht I actually look forward to going to, really friendly and good atmosphere in the office
Pros
love the weekly bonus structure
Cons
sometimes long days
Fun and sociable work place
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 June 2018
A great place to work where there are great opportunities for progression and a great payment structure ... feel like I am part of the company and not just another number
Pros
Great bonus structure
Cons
Breaks arent long enough
Brilliant place to work
Had an interview with the manager and it was great start to finish, energetic, lively and fun. He went through the structure of the job and bonus/commission schemes, it seemed a bit too good to be true but I have been working here for 7 months now and the bonus and commission are very realistic, I'm earning very good money and I couldn't be happier with the vibes in the office, always upbeat and fun from the moment I walk through the door!
Pros
great commission structure
Cons
no overtime
Soul destroying
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire29 May 2018
Unless you're willing to cold call hundreds of people a day, in order to get the uninterested business owner to agree to a future appointment, to where they will be hard sold telecommunication services, this is not the job for you.
I'd have to be desperate or made of sterner stuff to work there.
Pros
Better paid than being unemployed.
Cons
Soul destroying.
4 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your time at kinex as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand that sales isn't suited to everyone and would like to wish you the best of luck in your future.

Comment – 5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your role at kinex as we strive to ensure all our employees have an enjoyable experience at work. However, we do understand that sales roles aren't suited to everyone.

We would like to thank you for your hard work whilst at kinex and wish you the best of luck in your future.

Fun and Motivating
Telesales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire15 May 2018
Really fun people to work worth. Laid back but productive at the same time. You feel appreciated. They make sure you feel welcome and happy. They make sure everyone stays motivated.
Pros
Positive Environment/Commission
Cons
Some days no one you call is interested

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your fantastic review. kinex work hard to ensure we have a fun and productive work environment and are happy you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you every success in your future!

Just don’t bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 May 2018
Long hours, Not a great commission structure, pot luck to weather you succeed, poor training. Lad culture. Unprofessional. Probably the worst business I’ve ever worked for and I’ve work for poundstretchers, so that’s saying something 😂
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We're sorry you found the hours long but feel no weekend working or late evenings make up for this and have worked hard to implement our uncapped commission structure.

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at kinex and are keen to understand the points you have highlighted in greater detail, if you could please contact our HR department so we can look into them.

Funest place I have ever worked.
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 May 2018
I'm currently working as a telesales in the Ipswich branch, and I really enjoy the job. After a bit of a slow start I have got right in to the role and I'm beginning to thrive. I wasn't doing any deals when I first started and I found myself struggling, after retraining and much help from the managers I have found myself hitting bonus every week and even being trusted to train new starters. After working here for three months I have already been speaking to the regional sales manager about promotional opportunities. If you put the effort in the rewards can be great. The office is full of great characters and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Great motivation, monthly prizes, go home early, and more money.
Cons
Crown House's coffee shop is a rip off.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's fantastic to hear you're enjoying your role and are now looking for progression. We encourage all employees to continue to development and would like to wish you every success in your bright career at kinex.

Job here no good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk4 May 2018
They call you say you got the job but you haven't , they cheer and clap on deals, they have there own favourite staff there, not good place to work. NEEDS TO BE ORGANISED BETTER.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over your expected time to leave.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time at kinex as we try to ensure all employees have an enjoyable experience. However, we do understand the office can be an energetic work environment not suited to everyone. If you could please provide greater details to our HR Department (HR@kinex.co.uk) on the other points mentioned we will look into these.

difficult but fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham24 April 2018
i worked here for 1 month. after the first week i made 200 £ commision on top of my basic salary. after another 3 weeks i was let go because i didnt make any more sales. the hours were ridiculous and i was expected to get up at 4am to get to work and i wouldnt get home till midnight.
Pros
was given day off for probation each week and paid
Cons
long hours and same every day
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're glad you found the varied role fun and took advantage of the training provided. We are surprised to hear of your long hours and would like to reassure you the working hours for our Sales Representatives are 40 hours a week (9am - 6pm Monday to Friday).

Thank you for all your hard work whilst at kinex, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Do not work here.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 April 2018
Call center, make you cold call thousands of businesses, following a script in order to scam them into buying this company's phone services. (which, if reviews found elsewhere are to be believed is very, very bad).
They claim to have a great bonus structure but it is weak, unclear and they make you jump through ridiculous hoops to get it.
There's no room for progression, company philosophy leaves much to be desired and there was a horrible stink of lad culture (including management) which made the place unbearable.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when I quit.
Pros
You get to leave at the end of the day.
Cons
Long hours doing menial work for little pay
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we take all feedback on board and always looking for ways to improve.

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time at kinex but understand that sales roles aren't suited to everyone. An approved script is provided to all telesales agents to ensure that our products are sold compliantly.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work whilst at kinex.

This is the worst company to work for, don't waste your time!!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 April 2018
This company are nothing but cowboys. Honestly, its sick how they pray on venerable people basically cold calling, managers are useless you will be fired within a couple of days if you aren't selling anyway. Don't waste your time here honestly.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything!
17 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at kinex. We work hard to ensure that both our customers and employees have a positive experience with kinex and if you are willing we would like you to contact our HR Department (HR@kinex.co.uk) to provide us with greater detail on your experience. We would like to take this opportunity to wish you success in your future endeavors.

Don't even bother applying
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Suffolk16 March 2018
Worst job ever and a complete waste of time. Management teach you how to answer a call based on a script which you have to learn and then you always use it on the phone. All you do is basically harass people since it's all cold calling

Wouldn't recommend this job unless you're completely desperate
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad training, cold calling, not official

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We understand that sales roles aren't suitable for everyone and wish you every success in your future endeavors.
Our call centre advisors follow an approved script to ensure all calls made are compliant.
Thank you for all your hard work whilst at kinex.

horrendous job
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Bristok15 March 2018
Sacked within a few days, really high expectations. Pretty sure staff were taking drugs and drinking alcohol during shifts, I felt Intimidated by other memebers of staff. Would NOT reccomed

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're sorry to hear you have had a negative experience in one of our offices and would like to reassure you that kinex have a strict drug and alcohol policy and anti-harassment and bullying policy which are enforced. We would like to investigate the allegations you have raised, if you could please contact our HR Department in confidence; HR@kinex.co.uk.

What a load of bs
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire14 March 2018
The job wasn't terrible, wasn't exactly great though either.
If you're thinking about working for the branch in Stoke, don't bother lol A very small, unsupportive bunch of idiots.
I came down with a throat infection and flu in the first week and considering I had to make 250+ phone calls and I couldn't even talk properly due to the infection, you'd have thought they'd take these factors into consideration but nah, apparently any form of a sick day in the first week is inexcusable, so, if you do happen to fall and crack your head, or become reasonably unwell coincidentally in the first week, you better go into work otherwise bye bye employment! Stoke branch, YOU ARE WANK
Pros
you know, i can't actually think of any, apart from the fact you get three breaks.
Cons
managment, some of the employees are so rude, not a great deal of support, the salary that was stated on the job application was like 3k under too

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're sorry to hear you have been unwell. As we want all of our telesales agents to get off to the best possible start we heavily invest in training in their first week. Unfortunately as you had been unwell you would have missed this important training. We would encourage you to correspond with your manager now you are better as we are able to postpone start dates in order to accommodate for unforeseen circumstances.

wouldn't recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northenden13 March 2018
Boring atmosphere, unenjoyable experience. The data that you receive isn't very good. Majority of people leave when I was there, breaks aren't long enough for the hours worked.
Pros
Oppertunty to make extra money from commision

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We understand that call center roles aren't suited to everyone and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
We pride ourselves on our fun working environment and sociable hours with morning, lunch and afternoon breaks for all the team.
We'd like to thank you for all your hard work whilst working at kinex.

Do not work for this company under any circumstances!!!
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 March 2018
Absolute pack of lies from start to finish the six qualified leads promised per day they struggled to deliver per week,most weeks you'll be lucky to even cover your petrol bill as field sales!
I only worked for this tin-pot operation for a month but by the time I left they had me sitting totally unqualified appointments,in front of non-decision makers I mean really what is the point?
I never got paid the full commissions for a single deal and they still owe me hundreds of pounds they are cowboys nothing more,the HR person will also just lie to you and claim they're waiting for deals to clear,this is 4-5 months later!
Pros
Absolutely nothing!
Cons
Everything, all lies!
6 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We would like to better understand this issue, if you could please contact our HR Department in confidence HR@kinex.co.uk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.