Kier Group Employee Reviews

Brilliant company
Cable puller (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 November 2018
I work for Kier pre pulls in the West Sussex area. Best job I’ve honestly had. The management are brilliant to work with, other co- workers are easy to get on with, haven’t been here long already got a pay rise. If you work hard they will look after you.
Pros
Van and diesel payed for by the company
Cons
Some days can be tough like any job
Customer focused
Senior Customer Liaison Advisor (Current Employee) –  Housing Maninternance25 October 2018
Delivers on KPI's and customer satisfaction scores. Provides repairs and maintenance service to North Tyneside Council.

Has a good structure and work ethic.
Pros
Large organisation
good for managers
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh25 October 2018
Long hours but management are good to work for. advancement is non existent I normally start at 7am and don't finish until 7pm on a good day. contracted to 45 hours a week.
Pros
good collegues
Good workplaces
refuse loader (Current Employee) –  London19 October 2018
This job isnt easy and light people working there very Helpfull and friendly i will always enjoy my memories from that place. Working for a people collecting refuse and recycling and other good side is working outside in Fresh air really good płace for a work safety friendly team people very friendly helpfull and feel there team spirit
Pros
Cons
Jours
great fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire19 October 2018
great company to work for and excellent staff to work with as a team, and really good laugh, i also learnt a lot from the guy's i was working with, and learnt lots of new rolls from the the different types of jobs i did
Pros
mobile all the time
Cons
only a tempary contract
good starter company for first time customer service/admins
Administrator and Call Centre (Former Employee) –  hammersmith19 October 2018
each day provided a different task from customer service to advise on repairs and maintenance, multiple training courses provided to increase knowledge and better the individual.
enjoying this work
recycling operative (Current Employee) –  Wellington15 October 2018
I haven't been here long but am enjoying it very much, would like to have a permanent job here or a similar company. I would prefer to be nearer to Taunton but am usually in Bridgwater
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
haven't found any
Awful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire9 October 2018
This is an awful place to work. If you do not got there quietly having no interaction with anyone else. You are deemed fine. If you dare to attempt to enjoy working there then you are seen as a trouble maker. Subsequently action will be taken against you with HR. I have never felt more victimized by a company. Kier is the WORST company I have every worked for. Awful pay. Disgraceful management. Overall horrible environment. Do not apply. Please.
Things were okay
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 October 2018
Things went very good with Kier. I enjoyed absorbing a tonne of experience and knowledge on the job. Training was given but I pay for relevant and recognised courses in order to get career progression.
IT Service Desk Management are clueless
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy, Bedfordshire5 October 2018
Service desk is poorly run. Managers are always off with stress or childcare issues. If we're off sick for a day we're disasaplined and threatened not to be paid. AVOID THIS COMPANY. ESPECIALLY KIER IT.
Pros
Cons
Bullying from incompetent management

Want to know more about Kier Group?

Ask a question
Poor Management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kent3 October 2018
Poor management and bullying in workplace. Workload is far too high and lots of people having to take time off due to stress. Poor training opportunities. Not flexible at all. Managers are lazy. Would never recommend working here.
ok
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield United FC2 October 2018
has become increasingly difficult with little ambition, operational issues and the ability to be totally incompetent and remain in your job.

Leadership team lacking.
Good firm with lots of work
Kier Group (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 September 2018
Great firm to work for, always happy to help and they provide a safe and happy working environment. Nationwide firm who provide a lot of work in and around Norwich and Cambridge.
would not recommend to anyone- stay clear
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall27 September 2018
I worked for Kier in Cornwall. oh dear, felt like work horse/slave, no such training, high demands, pressure and stress, made me ill and had to leave. Manager didn't have a clue how to treat staff, H.R. little more than useless. Never in my whole life have I worked for a company like this. Salary was dire for the workload you have to endure!!!!
Pros
Cons
overworked like a slave, nothing was ever good enough
Fun and Professional Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, Cornwall24 September 2018
The environment was very fun, everyone that worked there was friendly and were funny to be around, but when it came to being serious and doing work that needed to be done, it was very professional and it was very easy to understand what the site manager wanted us to do.
Pros
Lots of time for breaks, fun workers.
Cons
Small site office/break area.
Keep away
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kent21 September 2018
Senior management Are Rude haven’t got the time of day for lower ranking staff The people in positions where they shouldn’t be And do not have any experience of people skills
Pros
Omg
Cons
Pmsl
Worst ever
Loader (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk15 September 2018
Got took on and had 1 day a week
Not had no work for past 6 weeks
Zero hour contract
Can't afford to do this
No communication at all messages ignored
Management are awful
Stay well clear
Pros
Cons
Dont waste your time
overworked and too much laid to blame on workers
Cable Puller (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire11 September 2018
poor hours spoke to like dirt all the management want is someone to blame way to much responsibility on workers that are not in the position to take the responsibility mangement just want to have someone they can blame for their mistakes and very overworked
Pros
non
Cons
long hours terrible management
loads of work
Construction Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire25 August 2018
the job is really good, but the number of tasks compering to minimum wage you receive every month make this place miserable.
People are amazing I made a friend for life, management is useless
Pros
free weekends
Cons
wage
Great team and great opportunities
Graduate Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  UK20 August 2018
I think this is the best company I have ever worked for. The work is interesting and I am busy so my day goes quick. I've made good friends. We've got good facilities such as a big canteen and plenty of free tea and coffee. The benefits are the best I have ever seen and are well above statuatory, so I feel well looked after. They are flexible with your hours , so I take shorter lunch breaks and leave early on a Friday which is nice. Everything is very good and just keeps improving from what I have seen so far. Also I feel if I want to develop in any career path here they would be very helpful. I've seen alot of internal movement and they are encouraging of you developing within the business instead of elsewhere.
Pros
Car Benefit
Cons
Poor IT System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kier Group. Our community is ready to answer.