Kids Planet Day Nursery

Kids Planet Day Nursery Employee Reviews

I have at the Fazakerley site for just over two years and remain with them as supply staff. I was able to progress from a room senior to deputy manager before taking on a third in charge role to focus more on being the nursery SENCO. The manager is very supportive and goes above and beyond for the company and the staff in her setting. She is approachable and has a fantastic working ethic which creates a smooth day to day running of the nursery. The deputy manager is just as supportive and knowledgable in her role and the parents have great relatonships with the staff in the setting. I would recommend working for this company as they have their own training academy which has proven to be award winning successful and there are many progression points which is amazing if you are looking for a career in childcare. Also being male the company are very diverse and have a high standard of equality which is shown through the respect you receive.
You’re a number, not part of a team. When you go out of your way to go above and beyond and are alienated. Treatment of staff during lockdown was awful.
I cleaned later at the night time when the day care was closed . It was quiet and peaceful and relaxing when cleaning. The job was easy and hours weren’t long and exhausting.
Working at kids planet is a nice place to be as you get to see the children growing while they are in the setting, they are more supportive if anyone has a problem they do listen. Working at kids planet can say it’s a lovely place to be as they offer you to continue with your education while working. Currently i have done my L3 with them and am doing my Maths L2 and ICT L2 to complete theL3 child care.
Not enough staff to cover the shifts. Always busy and we never get out on time. Overtime not given and to much of a workload for the pay. This effects ur life. Being left with the to many kids in the rooms Its hard. Staff turnover is big cos of the stress.
Nurseries can sometimes be top heavy with power relations in management however i find kids planet fairly easy to communicate with and reasonable and mostly pleasant management staff. The workload is fair, and providing you have a good team your day to day job is pleasant.
Amazing company. Shame they employ a rude, unprofessional bully manager at Sale branch. Nothing is ever good enough. She will throw you under the bus to make herself look better. She speaks to you like you are dirt and doesn't appreciate the hard work you put in on a daily basis or the amount of overtime you do everyday. If she doesn't like you then she treats you different. If you want a job at kids planet do it just don't go to sale.
I loved working at the widnes nursery I was a supply worker & the management always fit my hours in around school times The staff there are lovely & we all got on well as a team I only left as I needed more hours work
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes were stretched staff & time wise
I feel as if the work environment is safe and welcoming. It is a good place to start your first job and get on your feet. It isn’t a very hard job if you are just beginning but isn’t too easy either as you are still learning.
Staff are friendly,caring and welcoming make you feel like part of the team straight away. Management work around your availability. Easist part of the job is knowing you are helping the children get a good start in life.
The management are very supportive whatever your role is they are very helpful. This I believe makes work a lot easier when you know that you can rely on your supervisors.
I thought my experience there was pleasant and helped me as I learnt lots from being around that type of environment and enjoyed my time working there.
Kids Planet are a family based group who pride themselves on providing exceptional childcare. The support and training provided has enabled me to build on my own experiences and knowledge encouraging me to continually improve our setting. Staff are valued and supported through various progression routes and training opportunities available, as well as many treats. Support is provided at Head Office with regard to many aspects of the role so you are never on your own. I love working for Kids Planet as children are at the heart of everything and as a group we are dedicated to quality and excellence continually striving to be the best we can be.
Pros
Sharing good practice and ideas with other settings
I have worked for Kids Planet for 9 years and can not recommend it enough. The training and support we are given especially from area managers is amazing. I doubt the knowledge, training and experience we are given would be gained elsewhere.
Pros
Knowledge and training
Outstanding childcare delivered daily due to our training and the passion from all the staff and management. Experienced manager and loyal to her staff, great training. Love my job at Urmson Kids Planet.
Pros
Training
Have worked at KP Adswood since it first opened, we have a good team including bank staff. The rooms are looking lovely and are very welcoming to parents and visitors, we have regular staff meetings and training and are supported by our room leaders, deputy and manager.
I have worked for several nurseries and then found Kids Planet (Higher Broughton Branch) and I fell in love with the company. The team is amazing at this branch and very supportive with nursery life and any other needs. I have now been with the company for about 3 years and love every moment. The management team are great and understanding, supported me every step of the way and also the area manager is an amazing person that inspires us all. The training provided at the company is the best I have seen, and I have been encouraged to develop my skills further and supported with training. over all every work place has its ups and downs but I have found more ups and more empathy with KP then I have anywhere else in my 10 year career.
Pros
Training, management team, great communities and very supportive.
Cons
long hours but worth it
I currently work at Kids planet Great Sankey, it is a fantastic place to work. All staff are so friendly, committed and great to work with. The management team are brilliant and have a clear vision for the nursery. They are supportive, approachable and really care about their staff and the children who attend the Kids Planet is such a great company to work, I've worked for many childcare providers over the past 15 years and this is by far the best one.
I have worked at kids planet Hale for nearly 9 years and worked my way up from room leader to deputy manager with all the support from the team. Kids planet is a family run business and make you feel a part of the family and get appreciate what we employees do for the company. I have done so much in house training that has helped me grow and be more confident in what I do today. Training like first aid and safeguarding is all done in work time at the head office.
Pros
Staff insensitives being appreciated in what we do, Treat days having lunch provided, Most training done in work time.
Cons
Holidays are based on how many hours you do in a week. We only close bank holidays.
I love working here, it’s a lovely place to work and my team are great. Really good facilities on site like the cafes, shop and post office and even deck chairs on a roof terrace. Really nice ❤️