KIDDI CARU DAY NURSERY Employee Reviews

One of the worst places I’ve worked!
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Devon20 September 2018
Never completed my induction, but was then blamed if I didn’t know things. Staff were horrendous, very rude and gossipy and most not willing to give any help or advice. Management team were even worse, extremely childish when dealing with staff discrepancies, didn’t care when you went to them with a personal issue, it was always pushed aside! They were never appreciative of staff and were always putting us down and were unnecessarily negative during staff meetings, never praising us for achievements but focusing on the negatives. Finally, in the 3 months I was there I never finished a shift on time! Which made it difficult to arrange plans outside of work such as doctors/dentist appointments! If you did a 7:30-4:30 shift you could bet you weren’t leaving before 5pm at the earliest.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Poor management
Lovely place to work
Nursery assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire10 August 2018
Lovely place to work with a lovely staff and wonderful children.
Awful company
Play Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex29 May 2018
Awful company corporation focused no back up from management gang up mentality amoungst staff massive blame culture penalised for falling ill when you have probably caught it from the children no support for mental health conditions.
Pros
Nothing !
Cons
Everything !!
Horrible
Full Time Carer (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire28 March 2018
The nursery has high level of sickness.. it is never ending but staff get disclipined for being unwell or having dependants leave!
The staff always are treated unfairly, no praise, no communication which also results in staff getting discliplined by not meeting deadlines they weren’t aware of!
No support what so ever yet so much is expected from you.. in work and outside of work!
If you are lucky you might get a chocolate bar to say thank you
Play worker
Play Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon28 March 2018
Unfortunately this nursery is not always at capacity and is very often understaffed resulting in staff members completing tasks that are not in your job description for example cleaning toilets and changing areas, sweeping car parks and cleaning windows are to name a few. On many occasions you will be expected to start early and finish late not always receiving a break to repay extra time owed and with things like ofsted are expected to give up your time for free to ensure work, rooms and building are up to a high standard resulting in staff feeling undervalued.
Pros
Discounted childcare
Cons
Too many to mention.
Horrible nursery
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire27 March 2018
Horrible nursery to work at, long hours and salary doesn’t reflect your job title. Not enough support from management, when you get the support it’s only because you’ve done something wrong, not enough praise, expected to give up a lot of time and weekends, no benefits, you have to give something to them to get something back. A lot of the time people are gossiping rather than watching the children, but management pick and choose who they like that week so you may or may not get in trouble that day.
When it says 40 hours try 45 hours per week. Not enough time to complete expected work in the working day. Then you get in trouble for it not being done...
Pros
Get paid for over time
Cons
Long hours, give up too many weekends, basically give up your home life...
Worst Nursery I've worked at
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Colchester24 February 2018
Poor staff, terrible management, hours were awful. Expected to work all hours under the sun. No support from management when facing behaviour issues from children.
Fun work placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon27 January 2018
I loved work experience for the week here, it was very fun and enjoyable all the staff were very nice and welcoming. Although I only got to work here for a short time I thoroughly enjoyed it. I worked the same hours as I did in a normal school day however it went twice as fast which I loved.
Fun workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton9 November 2017
I learnt how to look after children in a professional way

Hardest part of the job is to get children to listen to you

A typical work day at work is usually busy
Pros
staff were friendly
Cons
no cons
fantastic work place
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Caldecotte27 September 2017
I haven't been happier in a work place they have lots of recourses you can use to support the children's learning and if you need something for a activity they will do there best to get it (within reason) I had a great 3 day induction where we covered the in & outs of the job role supported by a mentor, it is a busy nursery but that's what I like.
Pros
rewarded for good practice
Cons
you do work until ratios drop but management will try to cover where possible, but you have to expect that working in a nursery
great induction programme
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  caldecotte27 September 2017
very good and informative induction programme, well organised and managed nursery, friendly environment very welcoming, lots of incentives and rewards.
Pros
rewards
Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Caldecotte26 September 2017
Kiddi caru is a great place to work the management team are so supportive, you have lots of opportunity for training and develop within the setting, the team are lovely and very welcoming
Pros
Rewards for good practice
Excellent
Nursery Practitioner (Bank) (Current Employee) –  Caldecotte26 September 2017
I have been working at kiddi caru for over a year and really enjoy it . It is run by excellent management whom I feel I can talk to if need be .I VERY MUCH ENJOY WORKING HERE AND LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING HERE FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE .
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Caldecotte milton keynes23 September 2017
Kiddi Caru Caldecotte is a great place to work your ideas are listened to children come first the staff team are great excellent management and support
Nice place to work
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 September 2017
Lovely nursery, very well kept, staff were friendly and welcoming.
management were very professional.
Was a very nice place to work. Located in a very nice neighbourhood.
fun workplace
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon3 July 2017
its a very lovely nursery with lovely and friendly staff also the children are very well looked after and there are always fun activities for the children to choose from and the children also have a choice of activities they would like to have as well as adult led activities
Pros
good pension scheme and life insuarnce
Awful place to work for
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kiddi Caru16 May 2017
Had high hopes joining Kiddi Caru. This turned out to be unjustified. Very rude staff (management was even worse) and gossiping instead of caring for children was a normal occurrence
fun workplace
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 May 2017
There were times when it was a fun workplace to be in and everyone gets on well to look after the children.
I learnt a lot about managing a team and taking leadership.
Pros
sick pay
Cons
Good comapny to work for
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex7 May 2017
Kiddi caru has been one of few nurseries I have worked in. This setting and manager does whatever they can to help educate and care for children. Although some staff struggle to copy with management skills others just get on with it, really depends on the person you are. Every nursery is practically the same and all have their problems, but I am very happy in my job and supported within my job role and personally.
Pros
Supported, progression opportunities, staff
Cons
Long hours and high work load
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Exet18 February 2017
Good place to work, good benefits, gives you opportunity to train and move up the ladder, gives your birthday off after 3 years, week off during christmas which is top off your annual leave
Pros
Holiday on your birthday