Kiddi Caru Day Nursery

Kiddi Caru Day Nursery Employee Reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews
Head of Toddler room
The Toddler senior was the nastiest bully I've ever cone across. She got worse when she became pregnant herself towards me but she would never speak to the staff who lived I the big houses the way she did to me. Maybe she needs to wind her neck in.
childcare apprentice.
i loved kiidi caru just with kids.90%staff are really clicky.my day to daywork was really good i went the extra mile to help and do jobs ishouldnt have done.management werntthe best i told them about the bitchiness but didnt really want to help.hardest part was the staff.but working with kids was the best.
Kiddi Caru Writtle
Everyone was lovely and felt like a second family if you are stressed then you could always go to management and they’d sort out straight away. Lovely place to work and lots of benefits to work there. Also based in a beautiful setting with lots of garden space.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
A Fantastic Company!
I joined Kiddi Caru in 2019 and have enjoyed a smooth transition into the company. The induction is thorough and the support has been amazing. The staff team are friendly and with their knowledge and experience of Kiddi Caru they have gone over and above to make me feel welcome. There is a real family feeling at Burgess Hill. The nursery has recently undergone a complete makeover with a repaint and some building works and it looks absolutely fantastic and very fresh! The nursery has adopted the Hygge Approach recently, so it's been out with the dated plastic and in with the natural, homely and calming feel. Staff enjoy teaching yoga and enjoy using sing & sign which is embedded throughout the nursery. Alongside this we run Boogie Mites, French, Letters and Sounds and Forest School! The company is growing year on year and I know there are fun times ahead which I am really looking forward to. Kiddi Caru is a lovely company with its focus on staff and child welfare. A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!
Pros
Beautiful, lovely and diverse staff team who go over and above to make sure children enjoy amazing experiences!
Cons
With such amazing large gardens...it helps if you have 'green fingers!'
Long hours, high pressure
They drained you as an employee for everything that they can and under pay for your skills. They do not support you if you start to struggle from stress and if you are off sick due more than a few days they discipline you.
The hours are too long and then if staff are off sick you end up staying late or just that you are constantly short staffed and cannot leave.

The bring you in on an early shift and play on your guilt to leave your colleagues under staffed so you stay later than your shift
Pros
the children
Cons
poor sickness policy
Horrible place to work
Kiddi Caru was one of the worst nurseries I’ve worked at. The staff tried really hard and did a lot for the children and you got nothing from management and area managers but criticism. All they cared about was occupancy. Management played favourites and would only discipline staff they didn’t like. Staff who weren’t doing their jobs properly had nothing done as they were favourites of management .
Worst Place To Work
This nursery, and company, are one of the worst I have ever been associated with. The bullying I endured was effecting my mental health aggressively and this wasn’t just staff. Management were terrible with the way they spoke to me and others, dealt with situations and pulled you out like you were in school. I was victimised because of being open about my mental health and that was used against me. I was told, and I quote, I was ‘bad for the business’ and the company went against serious protocol to try and get medical records to prove I was ‘a threat to children’. My doctors were appalled and my family were considering taking them to court for the discrimination I endured working there. I was made a mock of, staff laughing at me, saying I was a bully when I was being tormented by a room leader who they hired who had been previously let go from bullying in her previous work place, I was told to go on medication not only by staff, but by management AND HR. No one wanted to help. And management found any excuse to get rid of me which then became fabricated lies from a staff member who was saying disgusting things about me, which I had witnesses for, which management chose to ignore. I was made to feel dumb for being upset with how I was being treated and even with meetings they did nothing. This nursery still continues to have problems with man handling, bullying and disgusting behaviour like making other staff members have allergic reactions. I would never recommend anyone to work there because it’s like being in a play ground. The girls enjoy making lives miserable and management - more...
Dismissed because my dad died.
Was dismissed because my dad died. Took my manager 4hours to tell me my dad had died. Had a phone call the day if my dad funeral asking when I be back. Two staff meeting each month. Had to fight for my vouchers which the nursery when lied about. Wouldn't recommend this nursery to anyone, just put bums on sit. The staff members I worked with were great and supportive shame about management. I was placed in a room to fail,
The job works for me
The company is good with various benefits. I received a pay rise within a few months of starting. I also got a £25 voucher for 100% attendance over four months
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Staff moaning
Temporary work
Wouldnt want to work there permanently, bad pay, would not work there again, fine for work experience or getting to the next step. pay could be better
Best nursery around.
All the staff are so friendly- excellent management and a competent salary. Also a very good pension scheme. I worked at Kiddi caru back in 2015 and left in 2018 to have a go at another career. It didn’t take me long to realise another option wasn’t for me and I’ve worked in other nursery’s before and just had to come back!! Children are always happy and wanting to come back each day and all the parents appreciate all your hard work!
An amazing career choice
I have been working at Kiddi Caru for the past 16 years and still absolutely love my job. The company has given me endless training opportunities which has enabled me to gain the skills and knowledge to be able to progress up to a management role. I was lucky enough to open the brand new nursery at Matford Green and couldn’t ask for a nicer more friendly and welcoming staff team to support me.
Fun and seriouse work place
The staff at kiddi caru are fun to work with but know how to balance having fun and working seriously when needed. It is a grate first experience nursery as everyone is so friendly and willing to help
A great place to work....
An existing employee who I had worked with at a previous setting recommended Kiddi Caru for both myself and my child and I’m so happy I made the move!
The setting is a fantastic place to work and for my little boy to attend, I feel both supported and motivated by both the management team and my colleagues to learn and develop within my role as a room leader which in turn has helped drive my ambition to progress within the company. I LOVE the people I work with throughout the setting and we have a strong emphasis on ‘team’, helping one another and striving for ‘better together’.

I feel valued and appreciated by not only my colleagues and direct line managers but also by senior management which has helped build my confidence in my role and motivated me to strive to improve myself, my team and the ‘positive experiences’ we offer to our children and new employees.
All very professional and friendly, good place to work. Philosophy of the company children needs first.
Good support with special need children, work/home flexibility.
I have been here for about 7 weeks now and I absolutely love my job. I look forward to going to work every day. All staff get great benefits and we are all well supported. I would recommend any of my friends to work for this company.

I look forward to many years at the company. As a manager I have the autonomy to run the nursery ad my own.
Pros
Free uniform, generous holiday allowance.
Unfriendly and atmospheric
The nursery has this "vibe" and "feel"

Management are especially poor and use bullying tactics to bring in sick staff to work and when you are ill from this penalise you

Not a place i would recommend but each to there own
Do not work here
Awful place to work, no routines or rules whatsoever, kids do not listen and staff can be rude and horrible. Very long hours. Worst job ive ever had..
Great Team
I manage a large nursery in London and feel super proud of my team on a daily basis. They provide great care to the families and support each other as a team. The company is really investing a lot in terms of training for the managers and staff. The job is exhausting at times but having such great support team and regional manager, makes the job easier and feels like an extension to my family.
Great place to work.
Kiddi Caru have given me the opportunity to grow and develop my career in child care from a Senior Nursery Nurse to Third in Charge to Deputy Manager to even acting Nursery Manager in my time. It gave me the freedom of bringing my son to nursery, allowing me to work full time and have piece of mind he was being well looked after for the 4 years he attended. Kiddi Caru as a company and with the support of my Manager have now given me the flexibility in a new role as Office Manager to work part time and hours that suit my families needs. I have been with the company for nearly 15 years so they must be doing something right!
Love my job!
Great place to work - always motivated to keep going and achieve more. Children's care, learning and development is always at the forefront and everything we do is based on the question "what is best for the child/ren?" So what more could you want from a day nursery group. Staff's progression is a priority and there are many opportunities to learn from including, in-house training, online training and from more well experienced staff. Staff and children's well-being is equally as important and couldn't ask for better support from my manager and higher management team!
Pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiddi Caru Day Nursery. Our community is ready to answer.