Keychange Charity Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire6 January 2020
Bad management always breaching confidentiality, management have there favourites and are discriminatory against black people. Quality of staff is very poor, admin does not pay people correctly, inconsistent quality of care, high levels of sickness and staff turnover, very unhygienic, lack of activities for the residents. DO NOT APPLY HERE if you are looking for a pleasant environment.
Inefficient management
Former Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London9 December 2019
A good home, poor management.The current manager carries the post on her head, with irrational behaviour. Listens to hearsay, lacks managerial skills.
Outstanding care , Only the best will do.
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Torquay13 November 2019
I have been working for Keychange for nearly five years. I have worked in three of the communities alongside different managers and as a manager myself.
In all of the communities I have worked in the focus has always been on the people living there and ensuring person centred care.
Staff are trained in all areas required to ensure the best possible care is offered to those living in each community.
The food across the three homes I have been in has always been lovely , prepared with care and lots of options given.
I would highly recommend a Keychange community.
Unorganised Chaos
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon Alexander house15 October 2019
The staff were friendly but they were all very stressed and constantly running around. The residents had to wait along time for help due to the lack of staff on shift. I was employed as a Team leader but I didn’t get to do any of my duties I was put on care continuously. The manager made up lies about me to push me out of the company so I ended up leaving. My rota would change without my consent and I was told by the manager it can be changed to meet staff needs needs.
Very friendly staff, helpful and caring.
ANNON (Current Employee) –  ANNON15 October 2019
Since I joined I have felt very encouraged and supported in all aspects of my job. The staff have been very helpful and caring. Great place to work. I particularly enjoy hearing about all the great things that are happening in the communities.
People first and great job opportunities to grow within the company
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 October 2019
People are friendly and great to get along with. Flexible hours, management is very supportive and always try to accommodate individual needs. Training is good, online and offline. Very highly recommended if you want good job opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Colleagues are very supportive
Cons
Lack of support unstable management
Head of Care (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London29 September 2019
Concerns and complaints by staff not followed up. In four years there have been four different managers. Staff were treated badly by the manager myself included no further action taken. Staff cuts to save money led to residents not getting the full support they needed. Staff were doing two or three different roles in the home instead of employing more staff.
Horrible place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex13 September 2019
Awful management, many people were told to leave when I was there for petty reasons and they were discriminating against staff. Your typical small private Worthing care home where standards aren’t met for staff and residents care. I would avoid at all costs.
Developed my career through this company.
I worked for Keychange for 10 years. In that time I was able to progress within my career. I started as a domestics and ended my role as a Quality assurance and leadership manager. As with all jobs there are ups and downs, but the support was there and I was able to manage my own diary, support those who needed it and priorities my work load.
I only left the company due to my own career progression and was able to go any further at that time. Keychange enables me to grow and further my career.
Pros
Work life balance was good, encouraged to trained and empower staff
Cons
Sometimes you felt unheard, but that’s expected in a larger company
all good
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon14 February 2018
i enjoy working at the mount. the staff team are positive and caring. the senior management are supportive. the time spent with residents is worth all the long days and sometimes sleepless nights.
Pros
support
Cons
pressures
Lovely Place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidmouth, Devon21 January 2018
Lovely place to work. Lovely management. Very hard working job as in any care base job. Nice hours and always overtime for you to do if you need the extra money
Pros
free lunches
Behind the times
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon17 February 2017
MOst staff are Asian. Poor drugs trolly. Management, not very nice, no support. WAges are poor, borderline nursing care. Charity run home. Very old fashioned.
Pros
Cons
Lots
keychange the mount
Acting Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  plymouth8 June 2016
i enjoyed working at the mount i loved the staff and the residents i greatly miss them, i learnt how to manage people the hours were long but it was worth it
Pros
looking after people
Cons
not a very nice place to work
Care assistant Sceats care home (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG11 September 2014
not a very staff oriented place to work, very discriminating