Kew Green Hotels Employee Reviews

Avoid like the plague
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire26 September 2019
Management don’t deal with issues. False Promise of management training.
Signed a contract for salary but paid minimum wage. asked for HR contact details for grievance and manager refused to give details or help. Others may differ but Shrewsbury holiday inn is a particularly awful work place, expect to be bullied out of the job and not have anyone above you in the company even caree
Good benefits
F&B Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 August 2019
You get 2 free nights stay a year...discount at other hotels...Pay us not good for f&b minimum wage...can be expected to work bsck to back hours too...hard work
Horrendous experience
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Crick2 August 2019
A really terrible organisation to work for, completely unorganised and they do not treat you well at all , you are completely replaceable to them no matter how much time and effort you put in
Good but stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire10 July 2019
Good but could be very stressful due to the lack of staff and high work load and demand to deliver results. Nice people and some great hotels in the portfolio
Nightmare
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside23 January 2019
Management are useless
Some very nasty people who don't understand the concept of team work, dignity or basic human decency, company was obsessed with gaining so much business despite the constant negative feedback from customers when it ended up being too busy, a disorganised mess, put me off hospitality for life.
Cons
Avoid kew green (holiday Inn Broms-Grave)
Manager Level (Former Employee) –  Holiday Inn Bromsgrove15 December 2018
Well it is Holiday Inn Bromsgrove: But I call it Broms -Grave. If you want to spoil your life and resume-----Then go to Holiday Inn Bromsgrove. They have no ethics and work values. GM's don't really care. # Front Office Managers left in a year......So you can well imagine. F&B manager left.....Housekeeping manager left...…..Supervisors left...….No food provided......no uniforms provided...they want you to work in all departments and 12 hours everyday with no money and no time off. I worked for 6 months and no holidays approved.
No training given as there is nothing in the pipeline. Regional managers/GM's and operations managers think they are Gods with attitude.

I have worked in all the major hotel brands and I was surprised to see the culture.
These people are cunning and negative. Instead of training new staff, they will make you leave if they do not get their ways.
Pros
Cons
Everything is negative
The thought of going back, gives me nightmares
Meetings & Events (Former Employee) –  Midlands21 August 2018
I have worked in many industries but hospitality is definitely the most challenging. Even more so when you work for a clown company like Kew Green.
They genuinely do not care about their staff in any way whatsoever. No reward, no acknowledgment, no thanks.
I raised the sales at this godforsaken off the beaten track horrible place enormously and so they just pushed the bar higher and higher.

They wanted 3 weddings a week, 50 meeting a week with only 4 meeting rooms. The staff turnover is high and the management is non existent.

DO NOT APPLY TO WORK FOR KEW GREEN. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR SOUL
Profit before quality,
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Midland11 August 2018
Been a head chef for 20 years, hotels branded and privately owned, seen a lot never felt like complaining before, I know the business we in, but Kew green have no respect for the house keeping staff, reception, food and beverage staff, any of the staff including the management, only interested in profit, steer clear at all costs.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Kew green
rubbish company rubbish ethics
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire12 April 2018
Just overall a horrible company to work for from management to pay to just something as simple as being treated respectfully worst job of my life!!!!!
Excellent team of work colleagues
Supervisor and Hotel Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk28 January 2018
Enjoyed working with a great team of people who supported each other and made each shift enjoyable. Likewise, getting to know the regular business guests.
Pros
Staff rates for hotel accommodation
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Great for progression
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sussex10 January 2018
Started as bartender and thanks to company I'm working as Operations manager now. Great learning and development opportunities. Loads of hotels across the country what gives you opportunity to progress and learn. Benefits like free stays, 50% off in restaurants and bars, learning, meals on duty and annual football tournament

You will always find people who moan about something but they will complain doesn't matter where they work. If you want a career in hospitality then it is the right choice for you.
Pros
Free stays, discounted stays, meals on duty, training, Nvq, Job Security and well known brands you will work with what will make your CV look great
Cons
Tight payroll as it would be in any other hotel group
Horrid.
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Withheld2 January 2018
Very negative team. No thanks for pulling extra shifts to help out, only negativity if setting goes wrong. Too many managers, no leadership. I worked in the kitchen for three months and my first week was fine but after that it went from worse to worse. Lots of back stabbing and vile attitudes from other chefs. The F&B lot where great but that was about it.

They tell you that you can transfer department if your not happy but this is incorrect. They won't let you transfer until they want it to happen. If your off sick or need personal time it's like you asked to have their kidneys.
You don't get any support. The training is not offered, only people I see training or moving up are those firmly in the Ops Managers pocket.

IF YOU DECIDE TO WORK FOR KEW GREEN HOTELS, DO NOT WORK IN THE KITCHEN
Pros
Free use of health club
Cons
Pay, food, lack of respect, treatment, lack of support.
National Minimum wage, zero hours contracts & no perks
Reservations & Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire21 December 2017
This is a stop gap job with no opportunity
The Ibis hotel I work in feels like the poor cousin of the brand
No perks or bonuses at all
Every aspect of the hotel is about budget cutting
Staff are treated as numbers and replaceable, you fear any mistake due to the repercussions
virtually no formal in house training due to staff turnover.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no job gratification and staff are disposable & replaceable
Great Company to work for
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Wales8 November 2017
This is a dynamic company that is growing quickly but it still feels like working for a family business.
Everyone is on first name terms and senior managers actively encourage employees at all levels to help move the business forward and improve their own job satisfaction.
There is a culture where all ideas and opinions are taken seriously and there are plenty of rewards for the employees that are engaged.
The current focus on smart recruitment, staff recognition and reward and training and development is going to take the company to the next level as a great employer.
Pros
If you have creativity and initiative this is a company that will appreciare you, new ideas and different perspectives are welcomed, you will never feel like a robot
Cons
Work life balance can easily get unbalanced, but this happens in most hotels, Kew Green has a number of new initiatives to ensure people work happier and healthier
Good customer focus in a strong motivated team
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire8 November 2017
Have worked for Kew Green for a few years now. Customer service orientated with very good training and development. Very team focused and overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Room to develop, good employee benefits
Great Career Development
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 November 2017
This is brilliant company to work for, and has really moved forward in the last few years, and is fast becoming one of the best hotel companies to work for in the UK,

Lots of company perks, and plenty of development opportunities
Pros
Development, Work life balance
Cons
You have to work hard to move forward, but that's not really a con
A company where you really feel like part of a family.
Talent Resourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 November 2017
I absolutely love working for Kew Green, the people I work with really make me want to come to work. Everyone cares about one another and you feel like part of a family!

My team are based at the HR Hub in Rugby and its a great environment, fast paced and full of really talented people. Because Kew Green has grown so quickly, there remains a lot of opportunity to add value and drive forward initiatives and programmes to make improvements to our ways of working.

If I could change one thing, it would be that its a shame that we lose some of our great people as they don't see the progressive career they can forge within hospitality. I think the industry is sometimes seen as being a stop gap for students etc, but actually - you could start as a F&B professional and become an Operations Director, for example - there are a multitude of career options for someone who wants a career within a commercially driven, fast-paced industry.
Pros
Lots of benefits!
stopgap jobs, ideal for students
Reservations & Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire22 October 2017
some training available
basic wages
work environment not enjoyable as no windows for example or general investment in staff facilities
good intentions a employers just not followed through
Pros
free lunch, hotel stay discounts
Cons
low staff levels, minimum wage, no pay rises
Ambitious company
Rooms Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton25 July 2017
I started working for this company when it was a small unit. Slowly the company grew and achieved more hotels that gave lots of inhouse opportunities. HR always introduces acceleration programmes for ground staff and mid management team.
Worst job I've ever had!
Office Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear27 February 2017
I only stayed a week , which felt like a year!
Most unhappy environment ever!
Your wxpexted to work well over the time your meant to finish Unpaid , and you don't get time back
Your suppose to get feee lunch , it looked like days old leftovers!
Pay is terrible
A lot of staff left when new manager took over , I wonder why !!!!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kew Green Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Kew Green Hotels Reviews by Location