Kew Green Hotels

Kew Green Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Good company benefits for being an employee of Kew Green including: pension, hospital plan, convalescence plan, employee rates at any IHG hotel as well as free 2 night sleepover at any kewgreen hotel once a year after 6 month service.

The only downside I found to working for this company is that they take on a lot of students, which in my opinion are there to do the bare minimum they need to do to get paid and then go home.
I have worked with Purchase Ledger. I have posted the purchase invoices into Excel table after checking and authorisation. I have asked Supplier statement from all supplier to find out that Purchase Ledger is up-to-dated, because it is easy to miss out due to receiving the invoices form different source and different form, for egxample by post, by e-mail or downloding from supplier website. There are lot of chance to make mistake due to printing or not receiving the invoice. If the invoice is not posted on time than the supplier can stop the delivery and can cause problem to company in different way. It is easy to work with a team who respect and help to each others. It is a synergy: competive but on constructive way which mean the result is win-win situation. The most enjoyable and most hardest job are the same, helping to people to sort out any issue.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
20 hours, part-time job
Nice place and nice people to work with. Lots of learning to be done in house with all the procedures and policies to adhere to. Following lots of step to achieve the goals in the kitchen.
I loved my 4 years experience with Kew Green. They develop me like no other company ever did. Even if job wise can be very stresfull that made me develop amazing skills. With the management I had all kind of experiences, from extremly good to very poor. But people are different so what to expect. my last GM was very disappointing, didn't offered my any grow opportunities so... I left to another company
I been working for Kew Green Hotels For 1 year.On a position maintenance manager and maintenance engineer on the same time my team member is been fire by Kew Green.
Well Managed food and beverage team, hard working and very enjoyable team to work with. Delivering great service to all guests (buisness, football teamd and famillies) who are passing through.
Management don’t deal with issues. False Promise of management training.
Signed a contract for salary but paid minimum wage. asked for HR contact details for grievance and manager refused to give details or help. Others may differ but Shrewsbury holiday inn is a particularly awful work place, expect to be bullied out of the job and not have anyone above you in the company even caree
You get 2 free nights stay a year...discount at other hotels...Pay us not good for f&b minimum wage...can be expected to work bsck to back hours too...hard work
A really terrible organisation to work for, completely unorganised and they do not treat you well at all , you are completely replaceable to them no matter how much time and effort you put in
Good but could be very stressful due to the lack of staff and high work load and demand to deliver results. Nice people and some great hotels in the portfolio
Management are useless
Some very nasty people who don't understand the concept of team work, dignity or basic human decency, company was obsessed with gaining so much business despite the constant negative feedback from customers when it ended up being too busy, a disorganised mess, put me off hospitality for life.
Cons
Well it is Holiday Inn Bromsgrove: But I call it Broms -Grave. If you want to spoil your life and resume-----Then go to Holiday Inn Bromsgrove. They have no ethics and work values. GM's don't really care. # Front Office Managers left in a year......So you can well imagine. F&B manager left.....Housekeeping manager left...…..Supervisors left...….No food provided......no uniforms provided...they want you to work in all departments and 12 hours everyday with no money and no time off. I worked for 6 months and no holidays approved.
No training given as there is nothing in the pipeline. Regional managers/GM's and operations managers think they are Gods with attitude.

I have worked in all the major hotel brands and I was surprised to see the culture.

These people are cunning and negative. Instead of training new staff, they will make you leave if they do not get their ways.
Pros
Cons
Everything is negative
I have worked in many industries but hospitality is definitely the most challenging. Even more so when you work for a clown company like Kew Green.
They genuinely do not care about their staff in any way whatsoever. No reward, no acknowledgment, no thanks.

I raised the sales at this godforsaken off the beaten track horrible place enormously and so they just pushed the bar higher and higher.

They wanted 3 weddings a week, 50 meeting a week with only 4 meeting rooms. The staff turnover is high and the management is non existent.

DO NOT APPLY TO WORK FOR KEW GREEN. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR SOUL
Cons
Been a head chef for 20 years, hotels branded and privately owned, seen a lot never felt like complaining before, I know the business we in, but Kew green have no respect for the house keeping staff, reception, food and beverage staff, any of the staff including the management, only interested in profit, steer clear at all costs.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Kew green
Just overall a horrible company to work for from management to pay to just something as simple as being treated respectfully worst job of my life!!!!!
Enjoyed working with a great team of people who supported each other and made each shift enjoyable. Likewise, getting to know the regular business guests.
Pros
Staff rates for hotel accommodation
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Started as bartender and thanks to company I'm working as Operations manager now. Great learning and development opportunities. Loads of hotels across the country what gives you opportunity to progress and learn. Benefits like free stays, 50% off in restaurants and bars, learning, meals on duty and annual football tournament

You will always find people who moan about something but they will complain doesn't matter where they work. If you want a career in hospitality then it is the right choice for you.
Pros
Free stays, discounted stays, meals on duty, training, Nvq, Job Security and well known brands you will work with what will make your CV look great
Cons
Tight payroll as it would be in any other hotel group
Very negative team. No thanks for pulling extra shifts to help out, only negativity if setting goes wrong. Too many managers, no leadership. I worked in the kitchen for three months and my first week was fine but after that it went from worse to worse. Lots of back stabbing and vile attitudes from other chefs. The F&B lot where great but that was about it.

They tell you that you can transfer department if your not happy but this is incorrect. They won't let you transfer until they want it to happen. If your off sick or need personal time it's like you asked to have their kidneys.

You don't get any support. The training is not offered, only people I see training or moving up are those firmly in the Ops Managers pocket.

IF YOU DECIDE TO WORK FOR KEW GREEN HOTELS, DO NOT WORK IN THE KITCHEN
Pros
Free use of health club
Cons
Pay, food, lack of respect, treatment, lack of support.
This is a stop gap job with no opportunity
The Ibis hotel I work in feels like the poor cousin of the brand

No perks or bonuses at all

Every aspect of the hotel is about budget cutting

Staff are treated as numbers and replaceable, you fear any mistake due to the repercussions

virtually no formal in house training due to staff turnover.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no job gratification and staff are disposable & replaceable
This is a dynamic company that is growing quickly but it still feels like working for a family business.
Everyone is on first name terms and senior managers actively encourage employees at all levels to help move the business forward and improve their own job satisfaction.

There is a culture where all ideas and opinions are taken seriously and there are plenty of rewards for the employees that are engaged.

The current focus on smart recruitment, staff recognition and reward and training and development is going to take the company to the next level as a great employer.
Pros
If you have creativity and initiative this is a company that will appreciare you, new ideas and different perspectives are welcomed, you will never feel like a robot
Cons
Work life balance can easily get unbalanced, but this happens in most hotels, Kew Green has a number of new initiatives to ensure people work happier and healthier
Have worked for Kew Green for a few years now. Customer service orientated with very good training and development. Very team focused and overall a fun place to work.
Pros
Room to develop, good employee benefits