Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

good place to learn
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering10 January 2019
i have learnt lots of different things while working at kettering general hospital and signs to look out for in patients. good staff to work with, always courses to go on to learn more
Place is corrupt too much favouritism .
Hk (Former Employee) –  Khh14 October 2018
The housekeeping department is run on the bases of who you know,if you are a supervisors neighbour or your dad a porter you are guaranteed a job no matter about experience or age .These people get away with leaving early if you are relate to the supervisor changing your hours etc. Supervisors bully people who are timid and their expectations of staff is unreal. They will not get off their backsides to help staff clean when they are on their own on a ward with 30patients plus toilets floors kitchen hanging curtains etc. Do not work here !!!!!
Cons
working for the NHS is rewarding
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 May 2018
I enjoy working within the NHS. To me it gives me job satisfaction.
I love knowing that I have assisted with patients care.
Sometimes there is an endless amount of work waiting to be processed but it has to be done. The work is always going to have busy times and not so busy times but really that is what it is expected.
Unsupportive management. Who couldn't care a less about staff.
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Kettering general hospital5 May 2018
Worked for Trust for more than 20 years. Last few years been off sick, due to an attack. Ended up with mental health problems. Management and staff very unsupportive. Occupational health dr would not give his own opinions. Had roles changed from clinical to non clinical, no support from anywhere,including Union. Don't work here if you value your life and health. No prospect of climbing up ladder. All manergeral posts are "fixed". Lead nurses are useless as are human resources. Audits are "fixed". I mean it. Don't work for this company.
Pros
Holidays aren't bad.
Cons
No support, only half hour break on a 12.5 hour day, no break in office hours, no work ethos, unsuitable hours, not flexible, non friendly
Fantastic Place to work
ODP (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire17 January 2018
Worked there for 6 months after qualifying. All staff are very supportive and friendly. Fantastic perceptorship programme. Theatre environment and management very supportive.
Pros
Supportive staff
Very bad environent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire13 November 2017
I worked in the housekeeping department for 4 and a half years.management terrible.supervising terrible.no appreciation or encouragement.favourutism a lot here.i was unfairly treated.and I was a committed worker.i strongly advice not to work here.
Nice
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire1 November 2017
A nice place to start working but still needs a lot of improvement with the car parking service mainly for staff workers who do long hours or on call shifts
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours.no coffee or tea offered to staff
Productive and busy places work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 June 2017
Busy place to work with plenty of movement to move up in the career ladder. Management are very helpful with all matters. Great people to work with and even with the seriously dreadful job there is plenty of time to get to know patients and their needs
Stressful workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire5 May 2017
A typical day was stressful always running up to one month behind with clinic typing. Short staffed. A varied role there is ability to learn a tremendous amount of medical issues. Management and health professional not working together. Always working under pressure with no let up. Would not recommend a role here.
Pros
Cons
Overloaded with work
Compation and supportive
Theatre pratitionner (Former Employee) –  KGH20 March 2017
Kettering General Theatre was a very nice experience for me. As soon as I arrived the team was always supportive and helpful either with my vocabulary than with the hospital culture.
cleaning in own place in xray
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 December 2016
I like having my own place to work
But it was lonely as I didn't have a partner to work with and I had to do 6hours off cleaning but doing it slowly on the hours I was working I liked it but it wasn't my sort off thing
Pros
had my own lunch
Cons
10mins at break half hour at lunch