Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

Favouritism is the norm
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tenbury, Worcestershire6 August 2018
Depending on what unit you work in your ethnicity is vital to got, in the membrane unit you have to be Eastern European or your wasting your time. The manager does what the team leaders tell him to do.
Pros
Cons
Favourites only get on
ok
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester15 July 2018
worked for them 12 years ok but unionize to much long hours less money than previously work there some people moan all the time but others just crack on and get the work out the door
I have no idea why people are giving 5 star reviews
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow4 July 2018
Hated every second of it, I was put on a production line to scoop spices into bags from a huge kegg all night, half way through the shift you would be in so much agony from arms, legs, back, was never trained just put on line and told to copy the other guy, hours dragged in as I couldn't chat to anyone as they didn't understand me, this is my honest review if you enjoy standing in the same spot filling bags of the most foul smelling powders known to man with no one to talk to all shift smelling like an oxo cube for the next 3 days after a shift then this job is for you, you get 2x 15 minute breaks and 1x half hour also you don't get a locker till you're full time so hide you're shoes as someone nicked mines!! Had to wear a size 12s (I'm an 8) was like krusty the clown with flippers on.
Pros
Free hairnets
Cons
Everything else
Productive and repetitive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent11 June 2018
I have done a variety of jobs in this company across different areas of production. I have worked in the kitchen, the meal production area (high-risk) and in sleeving (packaging and palleting).

I have managed my own line and I have also worked as a runner on the line which involved replenishing the stock that line workers used in the production of meals. I would have to set the line up and ensure efficient running till order completion
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Working conditions - could get cold due to the nature of work
Amazing Experience
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spalding11 June 2018
Took on a role as a project administrator and ended up being involved in so much more. Responsible for helping implement Lean onto the site as part of Kerry's Transormation for Growth project. Learned so much about Lean and the business and had the best Manager I could have asked for. After successful completion of the project I was given the opportunuity to select my next psition.
Pros
Experience and knowledge.
Cons
Pay if anything, but worth it for what I gained
line operative
line operative (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire27 May 2018
not a bad company to work for there were opportunities for you to grow your skills within the factory life, packing on a line that runs quite fast you have to be good at what you do as orders need to be kept up tp date so can be very fast paced
Production Stream Group leader (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester25 April 2018
Very good place to work and get paid well for work you do. I progressed very quickly within Kerry Foods within a space of a year I went from being a team leader to being a manager and excelled. Just wanting to make a step up.
Pros
Good progression for me
Cons
Do make you take a lot on
Great bridging job.
Production Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen, County Fermanagh20 April 2018
I worked 3pm to 11pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm to 9pm on a Friday. Above minimum wage which was great considering the job is not difficult by any means. Overtime offered but not compulsory. Paid bank holidays. Provided me with money to pay for my degree which I did in the mornings. Good for saving money. Couldn't complain about it. Great opportunities for anyone looking to progress and make it a career.
Pros
Good pay. Good shift hours. Overtime available.
Cons
Privatised canteen not a great standard.
good people work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex11 April 2018
start work at 430am go up stairs look at emails
then go down stairs to warehouse and help lads load vans .Do daily check on vans before going out .Do all rest of daily checks .
I started as van rep then moved up to van team sales man , then moved up to supervisor which done for six years . then was promote to assistant manager ,then for six months was acting manager to.The job was very long days and a six day week with at least 12 hours days.long days was the hardest part of job.The most enjoyable about the job was the meet people selling the products.
Cons
was once a fun and happy place to work
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
i have many positive memories for my years at kerrys as i've gained lots of valuable experience both in work and life. but due to current management ways of work and the balance of work/home life and the cuts in staff have made me want to change my employment.
Pros
staff shop
Cons
low staff for the work alocated these days
good paid holidays
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Poole28 March 2018
learned lot of staff about food production
good rate of pay,like i said holidays was paid very good
can do overtime if you wish make extra money
good contract
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire15 March 2018
Productive day at work, preparing and packing meals, on a 12 hour shift. Making sure the work station is clean and ready for he next colleague. Reasonable amount of breaks and lunches given.
Fun working place
Packing Operative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London15 March 2018
Working hours are good.
Friendly staff.
Excellent food.
Good products.
Sufficient place to work.
There is no hard work all easy.
I have learned how to operate lines and working in sleeve room.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast and dinner
Cons
12 hours
Typical factory job
Production worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester14 March 2018
Long monotonous shifts, menial, thankless tasks to be done day in, day out, in a cold, loud, unpleasant environment. Some Great managers some extremely poor ones too, often times talked to like dirt. Hardest part of the job, dealing with the back pain. Best part, lunches were okay.
Satisfactory
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coleraine20 February 2018
Was a satisfactory place to work, relatively well organised but tended to be antiquated. People employed were in general terms helpful and for the most part easy to work with. As to benefits that applied to my position - never found out what they were!
Not bad
Factory Worker - Blue Arrow Agency (Former Employee) –  Spalding1 February 2018
This job was not bad like most factories work work work faster faster faster but money is alway good when working in a factory.
You get was you get I guess
Static and cold
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire23 January 2018
Long hours with boring actions repeating the same actions over and over again. Not many people to talk to and very little supervision from management .
Sacked after 3 weeks with no real explanation.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Ossett22 January 2018
I spent 3 weeks at Kerry Foods and after these 3 weeks I was laid off, being told it was due to hygeine issues, despite showering every morning/evening before work and always wearing PPE.
The managers seemed to pick and choose who did the better jobs and they did not seem to like me.
Pros
free butter
Cons
Won't be working there long
Nice people hard workers
Receptionist (Through Agency) Contract Work (Former Employee) –  Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom12 January 2018
Didn't work their long was only for a forth night so it was difficult to really learn the people.

Made an awesome friend from those days that I still up to day have contact with.

There was a lot of different cultures they prepared ready made meals for Asda and other different shops right around the country.

Hardest part of the work was seeing people standing outside to hear if they got work or not... was a very busy factory.

Only worked half day for them so the afternoons was mine to do whatever i liked.
Pros
Got staff discount from the shop
Cons
Temporary work for 2 weeks
Productive & Fun place to work
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  south east region10 January 2018
every day was a busy day from start to finish trying to get. all aspects of the day to day job complete. In the job you learnt a lot about dealing with different people. My manager was a pleasure to work for and work place culture was very much the idea of a good life/work balance.
Pros
Mon - Fri.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kerry Foods. Our community is ready to answer.