Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

stepping stone
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 October 2018
Was a good job, enjoyed the work load and was only a stepping stone job from leaving Fords to gain some more experiences and skills. i was responsible for the maintenance of the machinery and their continuous running.
A good place to work
shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol23 September 2018
Can be a demanding environment with daily targets to meet. An experienced management team that have been there many years.
Bristol site makes flavourings for food industry. In house learning system which is computer based learning.
Not bad
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Midlands8 September 2018
Depending on shift /hours can take over ur life doing 12 hour shifts,cold environment,easy work, most team leaders nice and fair along as u doing job well,staff shop with really good bargains
Pros
Twilight shift(only 6 hours)staff shop
Cons
Cold enviroment smells horrible sometimes
Good place to work, if you need help its allways there and everyone is happy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, everyone is happy, get 2 breaks in 8hrs which is good and the pay is good, sometimes it can be hard work but other days it can be easy
Pros
Good breaks and helpfull managers
Cons
Working shifts
Rude management & discriminating staff
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ossett21 August 2018
This is the worst company ever. I was working in office listening all day long discussions between ladies from particular team about other staff Sarcastic, sexist and racist comments. Don’t think you will make a career there. Only their friends got pay increases sitting all day in canteen doing nothing. Management challenging and humiliating staff on front of other people. Do not count on any training or specialist courses.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
A productive place to work
Operative worker (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent20 August 2018
Typical day at work is packing ready meals on a production line making sure that the dates and packaging are correct and to standard.
Shift patterns are 12 hours either days or nights 6 till 6.
Pros
Good canteen
good palace to work
Food Operative (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent6 August 2018
12h shift, easy job although it might be demanding for some people to do 12h on production food line, 3 day shift may be suituable to some people, the longer you work the better will you
Pros
canteen
Cons
long houers
Favouritism is the norm
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tenbury, Worcestershire6 August 2018
Depending on what unit you work in your ethnicity is vital to got, in the membrane unit you have to be Eastern European or your wasting your time. The manager does what the team leaders tell him to do.
Pros
Cons
Favourites only get on
ok
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester15 July 2018
worked for them 12 years ok but unionize to much long hours less money than previously work there some people moan all the time but others just crack on and get the work out the door
Productive and repetitive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent11 June 2018
I have done a variety of jobs in this company across different areas of production. I have worked in the kitchen, the meal production area (high-risk) and in sleeving (packaging and palleting).

I have managed my own line and I have also worked as a runner on the line which involved replenishing the stock that line workers used in the production of meals. I would have to set the line up and ensure efficient running till order completion
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Working conditions - could get cold due to the nature of work
Amazing Experience
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spalding11 June 2018
Took on a role as a project administrator and ended up being involved in so much more. Responsible for helping implement Lean onto the site as part of Kerry's Transormation for Growth project. Learned so much about Lean and the business and had the best Manager I could have asked for. After successful completion of the project I was given the opportunuity to select my next psition.
Pros
Experience and knowledge.
Cons
Pay if anything, but worth it for what I gained
line operative
line operative (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire27 May 2018
not a bad company to work for there were opportunities for you to grow your skills within the factory life, packing on a line that runs quite fast you have to be good at what you do as orders need to be kept up tp date so can be very fast paced
Production Stream Group leader (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester25 April 2018
Very good place to work and get paid well for work you do. I progressed very quickly within Kerry Foods within a space of a year I went from being a team leader to being a manager and excelled. Just wanting to make a step up.
Pros
Good progression for me
Cons
Do make you take a lot on
Great bridging job.
Production Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen, County Fermanagh20 April 2018
I worked 3pm to 11pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm to 9pm on a Friday. Above minimum wage which was great considering the job is not difficult by any means. Overtime offered but not compulsory. Paid bank holidays. Provided me with money to pay for my degree which I did in the mornings. Good for saving money. Couldn't complain about it. Great opportunities for anyone looking to progress and make it a career.
Pros
Good pay. Good shift hours. Overtime available.
Cons
Privatised canteen not a great standard.
good people work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex11 April 2018
start work at 430am go up stairs look at emails
then go down stairs to warehouse and help lads load vans .Do daily check on vans before going out .Do all rest of daily checks .
I started as van rep then moved up to van team sales man , then moved up to supervisor which done for six years . then was promote to assistant manager ,then for six months was acting manager to.The job was very long days and a six day week with at least 12 hours days.long days was the hardest part of job.The most enjoyable about the job was the meet people selling the products.
Cons
was once a fun and happy place to work
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
i have many positive memories for my years at kerrys as i've gained lots of valuable experience both in work and life. but due to current management ways of work and the balance of work/home life and the cuts in staff have made me want to change my employment.
Pros
staff shop
Cons
low staff for the work alocated these days
good paid holidays
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Poole28 March 2018
learned lot of staff about food production
good rate of pay,like i said holidays was paid very good
can do overtime if you wish make extra money
good contract
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire15 March 2018
Productive day at work, preparing and packing meals, on a 12 hour shift. Making sure the work station is clean and ready for he next colleague. Reasonable amount of breaks and lunches given.
Fun working place
Packing Operative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London15 March 2018
Working hours are good.
Friendly staff.
Excellent food.
Good products.
Sufficient place to work.
There is no hard work all easy.
I have learned how to operate lines and working in sleeve room.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast and dinner
Cons
12 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kerry Foods. Our community is ready to answer.