Keoghs Solicitors Employee Reviews

Fun, but no motivation to move forward wiithin the business
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester13 November 2017
The pay gap in between the roles isn't enough to make you want to advance within the business. Not only that but they taken away bonuses and overtime, which kind of takes away some of the incentive to work as hard as you possibly can.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No bonuses, or overtime
admin easy for first time job
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester20 August 2017
good company, very big, top olicitors could sometimes be a little rude to admin staff making them feel very undermined.
hours okay, good location, very busy.
Terrible place to work
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 May 2017
Staff targets in some departments are completely unattainable due to workload and terrible IT systems.
Staff are under appreciated, and under paid.
You are also expected to give up your lunch hour for compulsory training courses.
There are far too many middle managers, majority of whom are completely incompetent.
Staff benefits have been cut more and more every year whilst targets and pressure are increasing.

If you want to be a stressed, statistic in a company that doesn't care about the wellbeing of staff, Keoghs is for you!
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, bad management
Overall good place to work
Legal Executive (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester12 January 2017
Keoghs was a fantastic place to work. I found the staff to be very supportive and the training offered was excellent.

I felt supportive, valued and part of a team.
Great people to work with
MOJ Fee Earner (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester7 December 2016
Fantastic law firm with lots of benefits. The people I worked with were all fantastic and there is a 'family feel' especially withing the MOJ department.
Pros
Benefits and progression
Cons
High caseloads
Educational first place of employment
Business Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coventry3 October 2016
I enjoyed my time at Keoghs. During my time there I was successful in gaining a level 2 NVQ in Business administration and First Aid certificate from St Johns Ambulance.
Keeping client files up to date
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 October 2015
This place was fun to work at, however due to high call volume it was hard to get to know new people. Overall due to pressure targets were met and we were all happy.
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  bolton17 September 2015
I enjoyed working at McDonalds, was my college job and they where fair when giving me shifts around my lessons at college. I learnt a lot of Health and Safety whilst working at McDonald's which I've used in my new jobs.
Excellent career progression
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ENG29 July 2014
I progressed within my career at Keoghs which I feel was down to my hard work, high standards, and also my analytical skills. It was at Keoghs that I gained management experience, which I found both demanding and rewarding. A typical day was varied, and could include working on a file to design a bespoke investigation strategy and provide a high-quality intelligence product; being involved in meetings to design processes to provide a framework for the work the department undertakes; and conducting a one-to-one meeting with one of my supervisees to discuss their development. My co-workers consisted of individuals with varied backgrounds and levels of experience - from recent graduates requiring a high level of supervision and training, to senior analysts with 15+ years of experience in the industry, preceded by numerous years of claims handing experience. The job was both demanding and rewarding - as a team leader I was often required to give over difficult messages and have tough conversations. But it was also rewarding - the feedback I received from my supervisees as to my management style was always positive and I developed some strong relationships with my team. I have also always enjoyed the analytical work side of my role, and this is something I continue to find exciting and interesting.
Great place to work, there were about 10 legal secretaries and everyone worked very hard and got on well as a team.
legal secretary (Former Employee) –  Altrincham Cheshire20 February 2013
I enjoyed working at Keoghs very much and was said to leave. The working environment was very very good. Most days were very very busy as usually each secretary had at least 100 dictation each morning when she arrived but there was no pressure to work through that many but obviously urgent dictation was dealt with first.

I learned to work in a large team and found it very fulfilling.

My co-workers were all hard workers and every worked as a team even though there was a lot of us we all helped each other if someone got bogged down with work.

The best part of the job was the team and all management.