Kennedys

Kennedys Employee Reviews

Kennedys downfall is their lack of support from head office, up to date technology and slow to act on decisions made. If you are not in a management position this is a great place to work. Friendly teams, supportive and resourceful. It is a very busy office but each team supports the other proactively. Partners to support staff are all lovely.
HR director is ruthless. Approach with care, lots of backstabbing. They treat diversity as a statistic that they are well aware they need to meet targets for and will employ people based on the numbers/areas they need to improve on in order to show they are "Diverse". The HR Director loves a 'token' employee!
Pros
Local
Cons
Hideous backstabbing
there are some nice people here,but if you are un lucky enough that your face doesnt fit, you have been warned. Got a feeling my face didnt fit after a while but was nade to feel like i part if a team at the same time team
Pros
some nice people
Cons
everything else
Poor salary in comparison to the billing targets you are given. No team support. Stressful environment . There was good benefits, good pension free lunch etc.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Excessive targerts
Learned about the SRA rules and regulations A typical day in the life of a Legal Cashier was extremely busy, ensuring that you adhered to your roles and responsibilties to ensure that your daily duties were completed to the best of your ability.
Fee driven legal firm, growing a bit to fast vs capacity / capability. Some areas very focused on themselves vs firm as a whole . Technology and finance areas a bit overwhealmed
Pros
Good office location
Cons
No structure
I was advised training would last 3 months. The only person who could do the job at the time broke his ankle and was off within the first 2 weeks. I was making errors and nobody corrected me. Fast forward the 3rd month as he came back I was dismissed. I strongly recommend you avoid Kennedys
Pros
Great coffee machine
Cons
Almost everything
Large backlog of work to clear, with minimum training, and little direction. Largely left to one's own devices with very little feedback, either positive or negative.
This was a lovely firm with great people. They moved the whole of the accounts team to Chelmsford, which was not a moved I could make,, Had they kept finance in london I would still be there today
Nice environment to work in, staff are friendly and helpful. My Line Manager was approachable and would listen to any input to improve the job. The only downside to my role was there was some heavy lifting and moving of. furniture
Pros
pleasant working conditions
Cons
some heavy lifting
I learned a lot in this workplace and there were plenty of opportunities to give ideas to improve. There was never a dull day and management were very supportive.
It is a productive and fun workplace to work in, and would highly recommend the company to those looking for work and with the right qualifications.
Lack of supervision and guidance from partners towards juniors
Down to earth and honest approach - what you see is what you get. Kennedys folk are all so friendly and helpful. Tip-top IT trainers - I learned so much - thank you.
Pros
Free toast and fruit in the mornings, great perks, fabulous office location.
Cons
Niggly IT problems but IT support generally very good.
I ran the printroom for one of the top 30 law firms in the country. Myself and a small team looked after the firm of around 600 employees with a emphasis on quality and to meet tight deadlines. I added to my IT skills thughout my time there as they offered lots of training, Good management team to support me and overall a good team to work with although we all have our ups and downs. I enjoyed my time at the firm but have chosen to move away from London to be closer to my family.
Pros
Monthly staff drinks
Cons
Demanding clients
I was employed by Kenndys on fixed-term contract to carry out a particular project that made use of my expertise and also general knowledge. The project was based at a warehouse in Bow. London E3. From time to time, I was asked to visit the City office and assist my Records colleagues in day-to-day routine. That also meant visiting Regional offices such as Maidstone and Belfast where my travel and accommodation requirements were all arranged beforehand with admirable efficiency.I found Kennedys an exemplary company to work for. There was some contact with management when working at City office, because one of my tasks was to deal with the storage of partnership documents and Human Resources records. Over the years I have learnt diplomacy: the art of 'give and take'; I had a good working relationship with management, the partnership and with Records colleagues. The contract, which had already been renewed once, had to come to an end solely for financial reasons.Whether working as part of a team or on my own, I am able to adapt to circumstances; for the actual project I worked alone and unsupervised, using Excel spreadsheets to communicate with the office daily. My advantage was that I had worked on a full-time basis for Kennedys before,and had even worked with the same Records Manager both there and at Kendall Freeman my previous employer. So I am familiar with office practice and have considerable working knowledge of law which expanded as a result of my recent contract work. In my opinion this was assisted by the experience gained by working away from Records for a time. - more...
Pros
monthly social get-togethers, good managerial back-up, pleasant modern building, clean shower and toliet facilities, good catering facilities, pleasant eating area, extensive panorama over london from the building.
Cons
much daily travel (zone 6 to zone 1), having to provide own uniform, noisy working environment at city office, lack of control over air conditioning, too much time spent on feet.