Kelly Park Limited Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t work there
Mobile Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Consett6 November 2019
Management were very rude and I never received my pay off them I only worked there for 2 months but I still didn’t get a penny from them and I don’t think enough time is spent with service users which I find a lot of the staff all agree on that
Bad management incorrect pay
Domiciliary care worker (Former Employee) –  Durham16 October 2019
Short pay all the time really unorganised shifts told to find own cover for holidays or sickness. No help no contact from office once your in that's it your left. Your promised the world at interview reality is a lot different.
Worst Company EVER!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, Durham16 October 2019
Worst Company EVER! If I could give it NO stars I would. Management are a disgrace do not care about the clients or the carers. All they care about is the money coming in and nothing else matters. NO support for carers at all. Want you in two places at the same time which is impossible! Petrol allowance is capped on 3 mile and you get sent on 10mile radius if not more. This company should have been closed down a long time ago.
Horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham12 October 2019
Training is all of 3hrs and I was never payed for it ,never payed correctly always under paid,no paid travel time, mileage is capped, out the house extremely long days and only getting paid for about half the hours you were out. owners act like children ! Only allowed one box of glove s at a time meaning a 30 mile drive for gloves so was cheaper to supply your own gloves
Dont do it
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham1 August 2019
Worst company to work for! Never paid right, expect to get to calls within seconds. Management are awful! Will argue with their staff even if they are in the wrong. No help, no real training and left to get on with it. Awful company to work for.
Rubbish
Cared (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham14 July 2019
Often worked 7 days a week
Going out at 6am finishing at 11
Didn’t get paid correct
Had to ring up and beg for pay
Wasn’t paid on correct days so when direct debits were to come out I was getting charged every month
Managers were horrible especially the owner
Got asked to work in a different area to where I was based for the day but then permanently got put 15 mins away so had more travelling to do and never got paid.
List goes on. Awful company to work for
Pros
Nice clients.
Cons
Management, long hours. Incorrect pay. Avoid.
Avoid
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham7 April 2019
It’s a shame because Some of the clients are pure lovely but Kelly park staff are aweful! Rude and just so unhelpful. Your walking more then your working.
Cons
Long hour days to be getting only a few paid
Worst place to work ever
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham13 March 2019
Worst place to work EVER! Be very careful taking a job with this company. After taking on a job hear all I can say is what a bad place to work. Pay was cut left right and center for no reason. If your not in with the managers they will make your life uncomftable . They will not pay you for calls that you work and the petrol allowance is rubbish. What the add should read is as follows...

If you would like not to get paid, work long hours, your money cut for no reason. screamed at down the phone etc etc then please apply.

Please be careful when you go to work or think about working for this company
Pros
Cons
Everthing is a con.
not good to work for
Assistant Carer (Former Employee) –  gatehead15 February 2019
not a good company don't get break running all over not enough time in jobs rubbish company would never go back there mangagment are snotty and don't care about there carers
Official response from Kelly Park Limited
17 February 2019

I am sorry that you feel this way. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further to see if we could resolve any issued that you had whilst working for the company to see if any improvements could be made. Please contact our HR Department.

5 star service
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stanley, Durham8 February 2019
Ive worked for this company 3 years 5 star service. I always receive massive support from my co workers and management. Best job ever.

I love my role as a senior care worker
Pros
I feel very supported
Absolutely love this job
Home Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 July 2018
Been with KP over a year and really enjoy it staff are supportive rotas are always the same each week anything you need the co ordinator will go above and beyond the other carers are all a pleasure to work with
Pros
Cons
Such a rewarding job to do
Very Caring towards Clients and staff
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham22 July 2018
During my 5 years with Kelly Park I enjoyed meeting clients and had a regular Rita with them. I was able to build a rapore with them and became close friends.

I was made to feel rewarded and worked with an excellent team of carers in Durham. It will be such a miss but hopefully return after my maternity miss you all. See you soon.
Pros
Regular hours and great pay.
Great companies
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Crook, Durham20 July 2018
I have just left kellypark last week I had worked for them or 2yr 1 month I enjoyed my service users I looked after I would chose this company to look after my family staff are great management are good my pay was good for the hrs I worked I only left kellypark to go work in the hospital as a trainee nurse Witch I wanted to do for a long time if thing don’t work out at hospital I will return working for kellypark I will miss all my Colleagues who I met whilst working at Kelly Park and meet friends whilst working here such a nice place to work I’ll deafly recommend them to friends and family
Pros
Pay guaranteed hours split shifts available to meet your needs
Cons
Could hold more meetings
Excellent Place to Work
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham26 April 2018
I really loved working at Kelly Park and enjoyed every minute whilst working there. They are a very forward thinking company and support you in your job.

My pay was excellent compared to other care companies I have worked for. I had my regular clients who i visited each day when I was at work.

The company ensured i had guaranteed hours and my travel between visits was minimised. My Care Co-Ordinator was great and supported my in my role. I found that the office staff and management were also very supportive to care staff and had an open door policy. Nothing was a trouble to them.

I only left because of my husband started to work away. Kelly Park have said that i can return at anytime. Great Place to work
Pros
Great Pay & Guaranteed work
Cons
No problems with the job just the company
Home Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Consett12 April 2018
I didnt have any faults with this job, but the company was ridiculous. i was a walker, and the times you had to be out was horrendous. you would start at 7am.. have like one or 2 hour break then go back out till 11pm latest then back out on the morning at 7am again. if you had days off they would put you in and wouldnt change them. the times you had to be at the homes was ridiculous you would have to be at the next home which felt like it was on the other side of the world to the other in 5 minutes. you would always have to add your own pay up as they would give you short pay.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long Hours and the company !!!
Guaranteed Work
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Consett, Durham14 February 2018
I have worked for Kelly Park between 2015 and 2018 as a care worker in Consett and loved every minute of my job with them. I only left because my husband took ill and i needed to care for him.

I miss the staff i worked with and the clients i had. My supervisor new me very well and i was able to have time off when at short notice and was always their for me during my time with them.

I had regular clients and my hours were guaranteed each week. I loved the job and miss it very much. Hopefully i will be able to return soon.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I didnt have any
Great Pay
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham14 February 2018
I currently work for the company and my hourly rate of pay is well above any other care company i have worked for. Its great you can interact via the staff portal and view your rota and check your pay as you work.

Staff in the office very helpful and are able to give advice at their finger tips. I have been in care for over 10 years now and very very happy in my current job.

Unfortunately i had to leave to look after my youngest child as his dad got a new job but have asked if i can still do bank work with them and they agreed. I am able to offer availability to them on a weekly basis therefore my earnings are still great for the hours i can do.
Pros
Rate of Pay
Cons
have to start at 07:00am
Very good
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 October 2017
I have worked for the company for 2 yrs now and have found that the office staff are good the carer staff are very helpful I would recommend you to work for them and the people who park do not pay right they do my pay is never wrong unless you don’t do your calls
Pros
Good pay flexibility
Cons
Working nights
Mobile caring
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East16 October 2017
Rewarding job. Don’t get much time between calls to travel to the different areas and therefore you run behind all of the time and don’t get finished on time
Great Pay and Flexible Working Hours
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham3 October 2017
I worked for Kelly Park for 8 years and during my time with them i met great people and made lots of good friends. I was appreciated for the work i did. Unfortunately i am moving out of the area but Kelly Park said they would welcome me back if i come back to Durham. Great pay and lots of hours. Work guaranteed and flexible working patterns
Pros
Lots of Hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Park Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Kelly Park Limited Reviews by Location