Kelly Group

Kelly Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
If you need a job fast, great place to get in without an issue, office politics are crazy you either drink with management or your an outcast

Bullying is a management style from director level all the way down to team leaders

Wages are on average £5k lower then other companies but you can walk into a role without an issue
-Interview was a phone-call, asked me if I was ok with heights, asked me if I weighed more then 18Stone - I got the job. - Never saw anyone in person until first day of training.
-Training was 2 weeks in Nuneaton, If you can call it training.. You honestly climb a pole 2/3 times. Put 1 Line in. Sit at a "dummy" PCP for 5 min. all the rest is class work with answers fed to you to ensure you pass.

-Buddy period - all depends on the experience and how motivated your buddy is as to how much your going to learn during this 2 week period.

You get a day rate for 6 weeks after your training to get you up to speed as such, However expect to be doing donkey jobs as your manager is aware you get the day rate such as been Sent to Scotland for equipment nothing to do with yourself, ripping up carpets in offices, Picking up new starters to get their vans, taking the manager places he needed to go. - You are not learning your job doing any of these.. and although you get a flat day rate you could earn more been out in the field doing your actual job and actually learn!

( Although I had a van after training and one the first day of buddy period, I didn't have any tools at all until after buddy period, thus had to actually ask the buddy to use his tools ect ect )

Typical day will have couple jobs to complete,

-You don't get paid anything if the customers isn't in as you haven't completed the job. ( this will happen alot, you could have spent 40min driving there for nothing.) If you get there, start work and there's faults or whatever and cant complete the job, you wont get paid for
 - more...
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Long hours, Less then min pay, No pension, No benefits
Unprofessional office environment. The pay was really bad. There was a lovely young lady who worked at the canteen which was a saving grace. I don’t have much more to say so this is just to fill up the character minimum in honestly.
Good place to work, I had all the support I needed and made some good friends along the way, the pay was ok, if you commit to your job the company will look after you
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Went to Kelly’s promised opportunities, led into a false sense of security. The ‘contract manager the one ‘running the show’’ couldn’t run a bath. Ridicules ‘exercises’ having to allocate shovels, trowels and tools etc to each gang as there ‘assists’ chasing a couple of grands worth of missing tools before anybody would authorise more stock to order. Asked to practically fraud this to allow stock orders to go through to allow gangs to have equipment.. however these ‘missing’ tools would be counter charged to gangs. no equipment available for gangs. Nobody had the guts to make decisions and speak up. Worst company I’ve worked for.
There is no progression available even though this is something you are told can happen when you go for your interviews. The management really needs some looking into as you are not all treated fairly and equally and they tend to pick on the certain members of staff and ensure that every little mistake they make is pulled up on even though there are others doing the same. The general working environment is not nice and not the kind of atmosphere you want to be stuck in every single day. There are no benefits from the job and for the amount of work that they put on you the pay does not reflect this.
Management need to make serious improvements. They will lure you in with false promises of progression and opportunities when in reality they offer nothing. No rewards for working hard yet they will pull you up on minor mistakes immediately.
management are unsupportive and petty, no benefits while working there, atmosphere is horrible felt like children. just not a nice environment at all.
double standards and only run by people whom have no standards but will stitch anyone up whom sees through there smoke screen and they treat there employees very bad
busy busy busy great earning potential

plenty of work,

plenty of support

working on own and part of a team

all tools and kit provided van /phone etc
Pros
working on own
Cons
sometimes long hours
Focussed performance targets to meet Client requirements.
Work can be stressful - but never boring.

Support given to meet targets - if you win, the team wins!!

Overtime can sometimes be required to complete tasks on time.

Great job if you enjoy problem solving, can follow set processes & procedures and are not afraid to ask questions
Pros
Great team support to achieve targets
Cons
Usual end of the month rush
Been with Kelly's a while now and found them fair but demanding. You are rewarded for what you do but will not get anything for nothing.
Work hard and play hard is what I would say.
Pros
Free Tools, Van and fuel as well as hotels and meals paid for
Cons
Some days are long but rewarded for delivery.
I have worked at Kelly Communications for almost 4 years. I started here with no admin or excel experience and a I only had a small amount of IT experience, but I had full training when I started. I've had numerous job roles since working at Kelly's and have always had full extensive training.
The office environment has always been pleasant, and there is always someone around to help when needed, I've made a lot of great friends since working here.

I've always found the management very supportive, I've never had an issue with discussing personal matters or any issues that I've had, I've always been made to feel comfortable and had extra support when needed.

Kelly's is an all round great place to work, I've learnt a lot since starting here and they have always gone above and beyond for their employees.
Pros
Great office environment, flexibility when needed
Cons
I have worked a Kelly's for nearly 3 years and find day to day life is good here. We work as a team and we have a laugh but we are also expected to get our work done and do have deadlines to meet. If you work hard and get on with your work it is noticed and appreciated. Not everything is perfect and sometimes the workload can get stressful, as it does in any other job, but overall everyone gets along and helps each other out when and where they can. There is a nice team spirit here and I honestly enjoy working for Kelly's.
Being a Network planner HFC/FTTP and having experience of working for other similar companies I would say that Kelly's is one of the better one's. As an employee I find managing my workload and juggling with different work streams is sometimes difficult but the amazing team I'm part of and management are always willing to help. I do a lot of mentoring of new starters and find this challenging but enjoyable.
Pros
Great Christmas Do's
Cons
N/a
Easy flow environment everyone is very friendly and the hours of work are easy for home/family life. Management are encouraging and you are noticed and praised on good work.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Pay
I have worked here now for 3 and a half years, it is a really relaxed/happy/fast paced/friendly environment to work in and there is never a dull day. Everyone has always been really easy going, friendly and helped with anything they can throughout my time here. Everyday is a school day, you are always learning something new.
Pros
Colleagues, Managers, Lunch breaks, Hours, Relaxed Enviourment
I have worked for Kellys for 3 years and have really enjoyed it. I have learned a lot and work with a great bunch of people. Not planning on going anywhere else any time soon. The office environment is fast paced but fun at the same time.
This company is a joke, seriously stay clear. The management is absolutely terrible. All rude and really do not care about you at all. Some days I would work 12 hours a day and get 12.50 for the whole day. Also they would send you to jobs that you are not able to complete so you do not get paid. They have an umbrella company which is run by Kelly's and take 120 pound a month. This varies from different people. Not sure how they decide who gets what. I would stay well clear if you like to earn money...STAY AWAY
Kelly Group are ok .
they leave you to get on with your job and the work life balance is ok for me . The management are ok , the only down side is the little exams they do every month ( TBTs ).
Working for Kellys is great, if you put the effort in. You get good rewards, flexible hours and the ability to self manage. You dont get pestered by your manager, he'll only speak to you if he needs to, you're left to get on with your days jobs. If you dont want to do the work (like some in my team) then you'll find it hard, but if you get on with your job then your pay will increase. You get a van all paid for, fuel and tools so you dont have to pay for anything really. A lot better than most of the other contractors out there.