Keepmoat Homes

Keepmoat Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom77 reviews
The Senior management were poor with bad decision making issues.
They promoted the company to be far better than it really was with serious underlying cost issues on all the sites which is why I left.

The office became very crammed as they brought in more staff and it was not suitable or adequate for the numbers of staff employed
This type of position can be very stressful and demanding, high expectations. Issues with working/controlling sub contractors and getting work completed with poor sub contractors. Price is everything.
Pros
Cons
High expectations
I worked at Keepmoat for 2 years. People thought I was mad to go there. There was a culture of fear and bullying but the senior managers were changing just as I arrived so I thought I,d be ok.
First day arrive at head office expecting to attend a sales meeting and meet my colleagues. But the meeting had been cancelled. Instead I was given the keys for a sales office and told to look after the site for my first 2 weeks. That was basically how it went after that day. No training, no support loads of politics and the culture of fear was still prevalent despite new management. The new senior managers brought in new people from their previous companies. Gave them Several thousands of pounds extra pay and title of Seniors. Causing bitter resentment amongst the older staff.

Managers have no man management skills and absolutely no awareness of their own impact on people. These are the worst managers I have ever encountered!,

Good money if your prepared to bite your lip on a daily basis I. But overall this company has no integrity at all either towards staff or buyers.

Beware!
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Dreadful managers no integrity
Life changing company .really good to work
Competitive salary and benefits

I would recommend this company to any one looking for quality products

Work environment is really cool
The overall company could be great and loads of good people working there but the senior managers lack professionalism and leadership qualities and the majority of staff just leave
Pros
Good Perks
Cons
A typical day was I would sign in and got get my ppe, I would then walk up to where the homes are getting built and start helping with sweeping out houses of keeping site tidy
Great salary, bonuses quarterly, nice atmosphere at work
typical day would consist of order materials, following up with trades with outstanding works. snagging plots before sign off for customers.
I learned a lot about build and how fats paced it can be also what to look for before booking in key stages of build for NHBC inspections.
The staff that I worked with could not have been lovelier helping me settle in and showing me the ropes. Good environment to work, everyone in the office very friendly.
My typical day at work involved undertaking customer care defects in both occupied properties and pre key release. Organising the sub-contractors programme of works, ensuring they were wearing their PPE and following RAMS etc. Calling off kitchens/appliances and various other materials. Organising and co-ordinating the multi utility services and gas meter fits. The hardest part of the job was trying to hit year end figures with under performing sub-contractors which is generally the normal issue within the industry to be fair. Most rewarding is actually handing over a finished home to the customer whether they're a first time buyer or anyone simply fancying a change. Management were supportive when site had done a good job and like all management were critical if it was warranted. The biggest thing I learned was no 2 days are the same.
It was a productive and fun workplace, i thoroughly enjoyed my time there. A great place to learn and expand on new ideas. Very helpful and professional staff.
Pros
Clean canteen area, fun place to work
Cons
Need to listen to colleagues more
All round brilliant company very organised clean welcoming skilled tradesmen loved to get the job done in quality standards was amazing learnt a lot of skills and important trade points from everyone
Don’t work for them they are ignorant and racist! The pay is bad and management don’t know what they are doing! Stay away from them! Don’t waste your time!!
good place to work within a team, you work in many locations around the north west in social housing and have other multi skills people on the site. ty
The organisation is a pleasure to work for and would recommend to anyone wanting a job involving new homes. While working for Keepmoat Homes I have had a pleasant experience with all colleagues and site workers.
a very good company where you learning a lot, sometimes under pressure, they are developing projects with different type of houses, but when you want to chalenge yourself you must to move forward and apply what you learnt.
Over time paid a month in arrears! If they remember to pay it, 6 months ive waited for overtime. Management pfft make it up per site as it goes along.
Pros
No one has 1 to give
Cons
No one has 1 to give
Decent place to work but was lied to when I started was told it was a permannant position later to find out that they had lost the contract I was working on before I had started and needed a gas engineer to start asap due to the previous gas engineer before me leaving gas leaks ...
Keepmoat is a great workplace for a person who wants experience with labor work. I have done Joinery, Plumbing, and Plastering. I had seniors who looked out for me.
was fun to work with keepmoat the company would work with them again

tasks where set out also got put with a member of keepmoats team from the carpenter section they guided me threw what I had to be done and the level it needed to be done at

enjoyed it because it was refurbishment work which I wanted to get in to
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
Min wage urm payed monthly manager very good always helped you they always showing me leaving me knew things the colleuge are very nice great if it was a perminant job
Pros
Monday to friday
Cons
Monthly pay