Keelham Farm Shop Employee Reviews

Family orientated work place, welcoming and polite
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire5 May 2018
Over the short time I worked at keelham I learned a lot of skills that I will take on into other jobs. Such as how to manage and use a till successfully also not only physical skills but how to work within a team and operate around the general public. I enjoyed interacting with new people and feeling welcome within the work place.
Pros
free breaks and lunches
Great working environment
Customer service assistant Produce (Former Employee) –  Thornton5 May 2018
Keelham farm shop is a great place to work, everyone is very friendly and the staff are so nice. You can get on with everybody who works here which makes the job even better and more enjoyable, the managers are extremely helpful and are very lovely and can work around anything for e.g. if you need a holiday and there are too many people off they work a way round on being able to get you the holiday off. The only thing i wpould say is that it is very cold up here at the winter time which does make it a bit rubbish, however overall this shop is a brilliant place to work and it is such a great environment to be involved in.
one big family
Florist (Former Employee) –  thornton/skipton27 February 2018
i worked for this company for two years. this is a very busy company / shop to work for, if you are willing to get on and do your job to the best of your ability you can not go far wrong. the owners are very passionate about there family run business and so they should be. if you can follow them by been productive and work as part of one big team you will enjoy your job. for the size of the company the benefits are good . The hardest part of working with this company is how busy the shop can get but that also has to be a plus. i left here for personal reasons, the company went above and beyond to help me. I hope this helps people looking to work here.
Cons
car park in winter
Miserable.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire20 February 2018
I used to work here and it was awful, I was bullied here by other members of staff and the managers did nothing about it. I developed anxiety from working here because the managers are snakes.
Pros
Brilliant customers.
Cons
Horrendous parking and awful managers.
Haha this place is a joke.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire15 February 2018
Min wadge no paid brakes. Incompetent staff, and the managers are worse. Just don't if you want any sanity a job literally anywhere else would be better
Pros
Some staff are decent
Cons
Everything.
Depressing
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Keelham farm shop15 January 2018
Please don't work here. Far too much work for the pay and job security is very poor. Hate the place. I think looking at one more overpriced meat pie is going to trigger my PTSD.
Pros
paid hildays
Cons
Long hours, no set breaks, too much work
Very bad
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire15 January 2018
Worstjob I ever had. Shocking pay. Dont work here unless you want to be poor like me. Dont wear the name tag cause people constantly shout your name. F
Pros
Alright looking birds
Cons
All bad would swear but not allowed
Long hours, management are not approachable or realistic. Money Money Money that's all it's about.
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire10 November 2017
Promise from owners that it is about family not true, fair progression not true, support not there. Unless your brown nosed expect nothing other then basic hourly pay and long hours. Going the extra mile does not happen, they are all take and no giving. There are some amazing people working there though, but they are all leaving due low morale.
Pros
Good Christmas present
Cons
Basic pay, long hours, unappreciated, not recognition for hard work
Poor attitude towards people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire25 October 2017
Went for a interview first time was a nice experiance wierd questions though, got called back for a second interview, this is were it went down hill, was made to feel about 2 inch tall had all aspects of my life trawled up including my home life were i shopped how much i spent wat did my kids eat were did they go to school and was made to feel like i was lying about things and after all i was only after a driving job on minimum wage bad experience
Pros
A job
Cons
Poor superiors
Awful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire24 September 2017
Managment awful your job is never safe . Alot of stuff goes on and gets brushed under the carpet. Managment are not approachable. Pay is not good for the work load
Awful management
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton10 July 2017
The way the staff are treat is awful it is a very catty place to work if your face dosnt fit i wouldnt bother . The management dosnt want to know any of the shop floor staff and one manager will only speak to team leaders , ignores all regular staff not even a good morning!
If you have any issues with staff ect management dont want to know about it and have a tendancy to brush thi gs under the carpet.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Management, wage, awful staff
Family orientated
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skipton8 July 2017
The company is ok to work for but staff need to be spoken better to.staff morale seems to be low and need something done about that,breaks cud donwith been extended by 15 mins
Pros
Discount
productive
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton6 November 2016
i learned various different food preparation products all the time, such as pizzas to home-made mint sauce and salads.
We did promotional products quite often so there was always something new to learn.
Pros
learned home made products which you could make yourself at home
Dead End Job!
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton North1 July 2016
This company will have no regard for your home life and will squeeze you to work extra hours all the time to cover for absent colleagues. Staff turnover is high hence the being continually asked to work longer hours.
You will burn out very quickly if you don't learn to say no.
No room for career progression so most employees just use Keelhams as a stopgap until they find something better.
Management were pretty clueless but not offensive.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Pressure to work extra hours.
A great stepping stone
Customer Service Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford3 March 2016
I really enjoy working for the company and have done for a fair while now. A normal day consists of asking managment about any policy changes or procedural changes, making sure we have enough staff to serve the customers, panic when we dont, and i have to admit i actually adore every single person i work with. they are a fantastic team.
Pros
flexibility with holidays, great team, real friendly atomosphere
Cons
The cold!!!
Fun work experience, kept me on my toes
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford27 February 2016
I enjoyed my experience at Keelham as it tort me a lot about holding down a job and working in a business environment at the busiest time of the year, Christmas.
The people i worked with down in the Home and Garden department were lovely and very helpful if myself of other Christmas temps that i was working with at the time had any problems or were unsure about what we were doing.
The environment was very welcoming as well as the staff and i was very well looked after.
I had a good set of hours and they understood that I was a student and had exams coming up so I couldn't always work as many extra hours as I'd have liked to.
The time table of the day could have been more organised especially with the Santa switch and their breaks and the ticket purchases. But me and my work colleges handled it in the end with help from the Home and Garden staff also.
I would definitely work their again.
Pros
Environment and staff members
Cons
Organisation and one or two off customers
Customer Helper - produce (Former Employee) –  Skipton, ENG3 October 2015
Poor management attitude to employees. Leaving to leaving an otherwise enjoyable working environment, other employees were very nice, and friendly.