Kedan Transport

Kedan Transport Employee Reviews

As a driver: That was real pleasure to work for Kedan Transport as I've seen many of places in London and all around it. As a "direct support professional": I have learned a lot of things.
Been working for Kedan for 2 months now and absolutely love it. I come from an office background so this is completely different for me and i can honestly say i wont be going back into an office environment again.The team is great and all work together to get our routes/jobs done. Great atmosphere and banter in the team as well. Money is fantastic if you want to work for it. You can earn between 30,000 to 40,000 a year easy.The job is hard and physical but if you can manage that, your in for a great time here. I would recommend anyone to give Kedan a try if you have a great attitude and work ethic. And of course a driving licence.
Pros
Good Earnings, Great Team, Be your own boss, Out on the road
Cons
Can be long hours some days but mostly 9 hours but money is worth it.
I have been with Kedan for almost two years and can honestly say that it a great company to work for. I believe that one of the main reasons for this is, that it is a family run business and there is always support available. The business is performing strongly which is creating new opportunities for growth. This is enabling committed and high performing people within the business development opportunities and my own experience is evidence of this. I started as a Delivery Agent and have recently been given the role of Onsite Manager at a depot that the business has just expanded into.
The team and management team were very helpful and are always trying there best to get the best out of us and also create a friendly and team vibe. Best team I have worked with by far and will recommend this job to others and come back myself
Brilliant family run company to work for. The recruitment process was so easy and the girls in the office were so approachable with the many questions i had along the way. Really enjoying my job, my colleagues and supporting managers. Would highly recommend Kedan to anyone!
Worked for Kedan transport for 10 months was consistently bullied by management and made to feel lesser as a person in a job I actually was good at and enjoyed. Company stole money out my wages for a missing wheel which was returned and had the cheek to charge me for a valet on a van I received in a dirty condition.Also docked £60 off wages when manger told me to give me first all 5 yes 5 stops to another driver out of 105 stops.All in would not reccomend this company to anyone only in it for themselves also Van's are very poorly maintained as the mechanics don't have a clue what they are doing and expect you to drive 100 miles to get repairs done.Do not work for Kedan transport.You have been warned
Cons
Great job with above average pay. Great team work. Very understanding management. Good working hours. No boss breathing down your neck. Flexible work hours
I have previously worked for a simular company which I had a very bad experience with. I joined Kedan Transport about a year and a half ago and I've not had one single problem that's been left unsolved. I've always been paid when promised (which was the problem with the last company I was with). I've received a steady amount of work, even through quiet periods. Would highly recommend
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Kedan Transport, very nice colleagues and friendly management. Its a family run business that can make the odd mistake but its resolved fairly quickly and they had improved a lot throughout my time with them.
Pros
Every day is different
Cons
Vehicle Issues
They set the expectations clear early on so you know what you're walking into, as long as you are fairly flexible then its a great opportunity to work hard and have fun.
Pros
Friendly and Approachable management
Cons
Fast paced mornings
From the start you know it's a little bit dodgy. Interview only consisted of 'can you drive' 'when can you start'. You'll get the easier runs to start , not so many drops, then once the honeymoon period is over , it's as many as they can cram into your day. No time to follow procedures. And if they can, they won't pay you your last month's wages, and then some. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Pros
None.
Cons
They'll happily owe you money and not care, no work life balance.
Management is okay....great team of drivers Everything else is waste of time If You rent a van and damage it you'll get charged 2K even for a dump unless you pay for it yourself If you damage a van then and take some time off they will refuse to pay you untill you go back to work. Only thing they're interested in is sucking as much money out of you as possible
Cons
After a very impressive presentation at the interview and encouraging first few weeks on the job, the quality of management support and the quantity of guaranteed work quickly dried up. Frequent slip-ups relating to payments caused plenty of sleepless nights too. After several months working for Kedan, it is ever more clear to me that they are a slip-shod outfit only out for lining their own pockets!
Pros
Very quick to get you started.
Cons
Very poor management support, shocking basic errors relating to pay.
The rules and job role changes almost monthly, they give u more and more work without and pay increase, when u decide to leave with notice they take most of it and make out it for damage to the vans, shocking place to work!!!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
They are a great company to work for if you are willing work. They will look after you and help you grow as a worker. The owners are easy to get along with. The company is expanding all the time and right now at this point in time i believe they would be one of the best to work for in relation to this type of employment.
The team of drivers is great. Unfortunately you have to go self employed to do this role. This in turn means the can ask you to leave at a drop of a hat. Renting a van from them is costly, Going through a rent company you will receive a better charge. £37-43k pa is only realistic if you have your own van have, work 6 days a week & get top bonus every week (which is pot luck). Also collection times get later in the day so finishing can be around 8-9pm depending upon speed of work.
Pros
Rented van can be used if not working
Cons
Have to wait 5 weeks from starting for 1st pay. Poor communication from managers, Alot of finger pointing
Good bunch of lads working there. management tho is terrible. Long hours and late finishes each day not suited to anyone with family at home. Would recommend as a job to do while looking for something else
Cons
Great place to work with.Management are brilliant and understanding,always there to help.Not a stressful job.Very easy to do as everything is tought before hand.
I done all the training 2 ride alongs and a day on my own still waiting to get payed, keep phone in them but just get a promise that I will get a payment been waiting 10 weeks. Still NOTHING
Rubbish pay and they like to accuse people of damaging their vans and refuse to pay for the days worked. Worst company to work for they didn’t even train me as they said they would. Work for kedan transport at your own risk. I don’t trust them they’re sneaky
Pros
Cons
Not a good company
Basically is a parcel delivery job, nothing much to expect and very long hours, the others drivers are good lads and fun. The real problems is the the abuse of power from the Area manager who treats all the drivers very rudely and the company (Kedan) whatever they can do to take money from you they will, they will blame you for anything that happens with the Van, if you renting with them, and the 4 weeks money that you have in the bank with then you will never see the colour of it. Also on the beginning they promise lots of money and bonus which you will rarely see, and you have to pay a lot of fees on everything.
Pros
Fun team, see new places.
Cons
Management, pay, long hours, rain.
  1. Employee reviews