kate spade Employee Reviews

Fun But Competitive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX15 October 2018
It was a fun atmosphere, but at my store, there was constant competition between management. They would rather bring someone down, than see the store succeed. Other than that, it was a fun, fast paced place to work. They should pay attention to employee's sales numbers more than make it a popularity contest.
Pros
amazing discount, good benefits
Cons
Too Competitive
Every Location is different
Associate (Current Employee) –  WA7 October 2018
The management has always been the worst part about the job. The product quality has been going down hill over the past year. Employs mostly students, who all have unreliable availability for coverage. You're either bored at work or dying trying to keep up.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PA4 October 2018
Working at Kate Spade was a fun and fast paced environment. They initially hired too many employees when the store first opened, and I left because I would sometimes get only one shift a month.
Pros
interaction with customers, good product
Cons
not enough hours
Ótima empresa para se trabalhar.
Analista de Logística (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP1 October 2018
Empresa propicia comunicação direta com os diretores, na explanação de ideias e possíveis melhoras na operação.
Pros
Ajuda de custo alimentação, combustível, ótimo plano de saúde.
Kate Spade was a good job but the hours were inconsistent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FL30 September 2018
When working in retail, the hours are going to be inconsistent for a while since they will be high moments and low. The pay was good but it was definitely not the kind of work environment I would see myself doing for a long time.
Holiday Job Only
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CA28 September 2018
Just like with every retail job, Kate Spade will be no different whatsoever, at times even worse. Management only looks out for themselves and prefer promoting external applicants over their more than competent workers.
Hours are spread out very poorly with some employees not having hours for weeks.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA21 September 2018
Kate Spade is a very fun and competitive place to work at. It requires a lot of team work and socializing for one to be a good employee at work. We get to talk to a lot of people which makes us better at communication and marketing skills.
Absolutely not!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CA13 September 2018
The store I worked for was complete Facade. The management team was absolutely pitiful and should be ashamed of themselves. I felt personally attacked by the female managers and NEVER received the work schedule on time. Communication was abysmal on the managements end. I sent my availability on three separate occasions as well as my school schedule a month before the store opened never got a schedule. Anytime I tried to ask for it. I was either dismissed or told it would be taken care of and it never was. The management staff was so unreliable I don't at all feel comfortable recommending this job to anyone.
Loved Working There
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX8 September 2018
Very friendly environment. The employee discount makes it worth working there and the pay isn't bad. The store is small when it got crowded it was a little hard to work.
Collaborative Work Place with Lovely People
Senior Muse (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL30 August 2018
Kate Spade requires a really strong work ethic to succeed. Must be action oriented and driven. The people are amazing and always there as a support system.
Pros
the people, the culture
LOVE this company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FL26 August 2018
I would like to see more advancement in the company, store management should be actively training for district managers. Many DM's should actively lead with the intent to have their SM's be promoted to DM level. Promotion from with in is key.
Pros
Great Company. Benefits are awsome
Cons
More diversity. From store manager and up.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA23 August 2018
They hire amazing and bubbly workers. They’re always so nice. I loved working here and the discounts are a plus! They also give you free wardrobe at the end of the month
Pros
Healthcare, wardrobe
Cons
Short breaks
Great environment
Sr. Muse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL22 August 2018
The management team was fun, knowledgeable. I enjoyed the benefits of the job and my co-workers. It was a colorful and enjoyable place to work. Everyone is always happy when you walk into such a colorful, good environment store.
Pros
Discounts, perks
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun and creative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC21 August 2018
A great company to be apart of because they care about employees. I have some creative freedom when setting the store layout which is different from other larger retail stores.
Exciting brand, but tough place to work
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 August 2018
Sadly, not the happy-go-lucky place you would hope it would be based on the brand identity. If you only live to work, this is the place for you. If you'd like a life outside of work, search for something else. Quite competitive, cut-throat, TONS of overtime and little vacation granted.
Pros
Discount, sample sales, decent compensation
Cons
No work-life balance
Terrible management and no room for growth
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA12 August 2018
The brand and company are fun and colorful and that's where the positives end with this company. There is no room for growth within the store unless one of the store leaders decides they like you. Working here is like high school drama but getting paid minimum wage to be there and getting treated poorly by management. There is no organization and hours will be drastically cut if the store is slow.

A typical day there consists of being reprimanded for not doing enough even if there are 3 guests inside the store. Followed by not receiving your breaks on time and being spoken down to the entire time you are there. Additionally, favorites and clearly and frequently chosen so depending on if management decides they like you or not you will be dress coded while your co workers who are not dressed work appropriately will not be given a second look.

Unless you are ready to completely roll over for management I do not recommend working here. The workplace culture is toxic and not an enjoyable day to day environment.
Pros
Cons
Gossip, poor management, favorites, hours cut, low pay, poor scheduling
Overall great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 1060111 August 2018
This is by far the best company I have worked for. The company knows who their customers are, who they stand for and truly take the time to develop their team, not only with on boarding process but with constant development!
Over $30 million Store
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hornby, ON10 August 2018
Due to the heavy, heavy amount of traffic and managing a large team- it was always chaotic. Very fun environment to work within at that moment, but not anymore due to alteration in management.
Love the brand....management is pathetic
Part-time Associate (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TN2 August 2018
Management is awful....
Gossips
Spiteful
Preferential treatment
Don't do what they say
Can't schedule, nor listen to availability
Kept from getting wardrobe because of missed mtg.
(Never a reason NOT to get wardrobe)
Pros
Discount
Cons
Breaks ignored, no benefits, no hours, treated unfairly
no room for growth
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA2 August 2018
Working at kate spade I thought would be a great job. They do not give you an opportunity to move up nor do they give raises. The managers you think are great but half the time end up talking badly about you behind your back. I wouldn't recommend working here, unless they have changed their ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.