kate spade Employee Reviews

Fun and happy place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL12 June 2018
The brand is fun and has beautiful product! It seems overwhelming at the beginning but gets easier with time. It's a good company to stand behind. They value their workers.
What I learned at kate spade shaped who I am!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI12 June 2018
I worked for kate spade before it was sold to Neiman's and while she was still involved. It was a life changing experience where I still use the skills I gained there and the love of detail and understanding of the total lifestyle brand and client experience.
a positive enviroment to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ3 June 2018
Since the day I been working at Kate Spade, I was received with a positive attitude. We always talk any issues that are preventing us from reaching the store golfer the day and we maintain a good teamwork to accomplish the goal for the day. We work as a team in which makes us relaid on each other in a good way.
Pros
good communication system
Cons
cutting hrs during few months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX31 May 2018
It was fun and I enjoyed workin there while it lasted. It would be a little messy because the employees would gossip all the time including managers. I was happy working there till the end.
Awesome place to work !
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA28 May 2018
Managers were really comprehensive and helpful with employees, and coworkers were always focused on giving the best of themselves to help the clients and thus help each other
Pros
Free lunches each week
Zero communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WA23 May 2018
I enjoyed everyone I worked with at Kate Spade, however management handled situations very poorly. The managers would sit in the back room bossing the other sales associates on the floor through walkie talkies instead of working with on the floor.
Also very poor communication, only attended one meeting the whole time I worked there that wasn’t even informative. Everyone tells you different ways to do things, there’s not just one way so it’s confusing because techniques aren’t being communicated.
Pros
Great coworkers, frequent breaks, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, no communication, drama
Typical Retail Environment
Interim Supervisor of Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL20 May 2018
Customers are customers no matter where you work but I liked the product and the atmosphere KS portrays. I didn't personally like the senior manager, but I liked the other managers. It isn't a way to support a family because it's still retail. They were understanding and flexible with scheduling but not enough money to keep me around.
Ok
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington State18 May 2018
Decent place to work if you are looking for a part time job.
Rarely promote from within
Not really worth the pay
Hours get cut short most of the time unless it is a holiday week.
upbeat fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY9 May 2018
i was a sales associate at kate spade. i would help customers pick out hand bags that were needed in their everyday life. the workplace was very upbeat, colorful and fun. the hardest part about my job was when foreign people would come in and not speak any English and i was have to try my best to figure out what it was they needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world. learning about the customers that were not from America was very different.
Friendly work place
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV7 May 2018
Supervisors are helpful and very supportive. Team mates are also positive workers. However, there was no AC at facility, so physical environment were poor. Location was good. But only can work word of mouth.
Pros
Discount
Cons
no working hours for off season
Work as a kate spade Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA4 May 2018
I work in a kate spade new york store a couple days a week for four hour shifts. It's a fun job because of the whimsical and creative atmosphere. The positive work environment makes working there very enjoyable. A typical day at work involves greeting customers and creating a welcoming shopping experience for each guest. Forming connections with clients is important and makes for a more intimate and personal relationship. Being familiar with the company and products help portray a knowledgable appearance. It is important to leave all personal problems at the door when coming to work as a positive attitude is how we want to represent the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers, all of whom are very personable and good at their job.
Fun workplace if you like fashion
Assistant Store Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN4 May 2018
Over all fun an easy to work for, all is regulated properly and within time lines.
Schedule depends on the season and the current staff, flexible if your manager allows it, otherwise it can fluctuate like any other retail job.
Customers tend to be very particular to deal with
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
customer service issues can be very stressful
Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL25 April 2018
Overall it is great place to work. You get great discounts and get to look pretty for work. Speaking Spanish and/or Portuguese will help you out immensely.
Productive and fun place to develop strong teamwork skills and personal growth
Retail Sales Associate, Leesburg Premium Outlets (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VA19 April 2018
- days are slow unless its sale season, which then its really busy and the work environment is quick-paced
- learned a lot about how management of a retail store works, learn to use registers, teamwork, and having a goal based job
- people are super nice
- hardest part is it gets boring sometimes if you aren't on cash wrap or if you have to stock in the back
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unstable job hours (meaning you may get no hours sometimes)
Great company to work at
Full Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA16 April 2018
Great company to work at. Good job culture and company values. Pay could be a little better. Work is demanding but not too stressful. i would higly recomend!
Pros
15 minute breaks every two hours
Cons
job/worklife balance
Great work atmosphere with a specific focus on women empowerment
Manager Construction Cost Control (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 April 2018
Interacted with multiple departments which led to troubleshooting and problem solving as a team, which is hard to find these days. Great colleagues who genuinely care about the quality of work produced. Management is always willing to listen and very approachable at any executive level. Fun place, great atmosphere, wonderful company.
Pros
no micro-managing
Cons
Fun and informative work environment
Sale Associate/ muse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA3 April 2018
I enjoy working for Kate Spade New York. It is a fun and creative learning environment. I have become more confident my ability to talk to the public.
Pros
great employees, good management, fun environment
Great Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TX1 April 2018
Enjoy working with all of the other sales associates. Fast-paced, yet productive store. Kate Spade gives good discounts to employees, which helps a lot with personal purchases.
Pros
Good Atmosphere and great store
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2018
While working here I learned how to shift gears from a constant fast paced environment to a quieter one and being able to really dedicate my time to helping a customer find what he or she was looking for.
Kate Spade
sales associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY18 March 2018
Great company to work for. The staff is nice and everyone knows each other. Its truly i very family oriented company. I have met some of my best friends here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.