Karro Food Group

Karro Food Group Employee Reviews

Yes it was ok to work for Karro fast paced. lots of people from all backgrounds but motly are good to get along with them. Managers are OK which helps a lot
Pros
nice people i work with
Cons
long hours, can be busy
Came over from being ont he agency, very happy i did. I enjoy the role and location is easy for me. The hours fit well for my family and the pay is good.
Pros
regular pay, location
I started in Karro a few months back and haven't looked back since! I was greeted and brought in for an induction day that was a lot to take in, but working with knives and adhering to such a high standard isn't took lightly. I have been helped and guided along the way with team leaders and managers checking in and asking how things are going, the amount of work in the set hours can be high but you always just get on with it and time flies!
I’ve not worked here long so still learning the ropes but co workers seem very friendly. And managers check in on how I’m doing which I think is nice.
I struggled at first, work is at a fast pace. There was help from the team and trainers to get me up to speed quickly. There are a lot of experianced people within the team which helps.
Pros
cheap canteen, regular pay, help if i need it
Cons
Hard work
The team are nice and its nice to get a well done when the work is done. It is really nice to be recognised. Everyone gets on well with each other and its a nice enviroment to work in.
Pros
Recognition, staff
I am butcher at Karo,Cookstown.great people,i recommend to everybody. The type of work it is a weebit hard but in time you get used it. Help me to improve a lot.
Pros
Around Christmas Time free meal in the morning once per week.
I am enjoyig the work and thankful they took me on, the job can be hard work but its a fast enviroemnt which makes the time go quickly so i do not get bored.Very happy to be there and the team is looking after me.Lee
In Cookstown there is a negative impression of the factory and what its like to work here. I am so glad I didn’t pay any attention to that.. I am really happy with my work and the people are friendly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Karro Food Group?
It’s a VERY busy factory but there is always time for me if I have a problem. Sometimes its too busy to help but I understand that as things need to be done. The people are great andfriendly.
We have a good team in the factory, since i ame across from the agency things have gone really well and i have made friends. The work is sometimes hard but its regular pay and a good place to work
It’s a good company to work for, there are opportunities for me in other areas of the business when I get my feet under the table in CPM. I thought I would be a short term position but there is job security and regular money.
Pros
Training, weekly pay
Its an ok place to work, secure which is the main thing for me to earn some money. I have done a similar role in the past and it was easy to move into another eviroment. The management are ok with me and we have a good team.
Pros
Secure full time job!
Its not offten i can say i enjoy work but the people make it fun. There are lots of people to meet and talk to and they are nice to get on with. The hours are long but its like any job.
I have made lots of new friends in my time here when the factory is busy we all pull together to get the orders sent. The trainers are great with us and we can buy discounted products.
Pros
Training, discounted pork, freindly enviroment
good place to work with different challenges a rising daily. great support from all management who share knowledge and offer encouragement. all PPE provided and replaced when required. trained to use quad bikes and after a while put through manitou ticket. great opertunities to progress with an expanding company. work in all weathers which is good in summer not so good in winter. good group of people who I work with.
Pros
looking after pigs and seeing piglets
Cons
long hours could have better pay
Really like the shift pattern and the management have been great with me. its a nice enviroment to work in and the rate of pay is ok for the job. There seems to be opportunites to develop if I want it
Pros
The team are really nice
So glad i chose to work at Karro they are an excellent company to work for. The team are great and the management are good to work with. The engineering team is close nit and very friendly to get on with.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen, the team, able to build a career
I started 8weeks ago and haven’t looked back great bunch of people to work with and it’s great to be back on a farm working again here is to many years working for Karro foods.
Pros
30 min first break and 30mins lunch break
Cons
Can be long hours
Great place to work wages could be a little better but enjoyable job I also like the weaning nights and always being on the go and finish times are great to.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Money
Great place to work, with lots of different nationalities on site which sometimes an issue but everyone gets along. Its busy but the time goes quickly.The people that manage the team are really helpful and they love to do stuff for us like an easter egg at easter and fun days which is always nice to have.
  1. Employee reviews