KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Its what you make it
Dealer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manville, NJ18 February 2019
What you make it not terrible but alot of work not enough money. I think we certainly should get paid starting with more money. There's alot of hype in the beginning but the money doesn't equate to the amount of work you do.
Pros
Cons
Not enough money
Staff super friendly On job training was not very good
Commercial Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB14 February 2019
The position I had there was multiple of things to remember and to do and I feel like i was been pressured all the time to do things faster my trainer kept making me feel like i was not progressing fast enough.

Training terrible

Everything else great!
Pros
Friendly staff
A big disappointment
Service Vehicle (Former Employee) –  Rio Linda, CA13 February 2019
Oh sure, you can show up for work and get paid. But the managerial culture is primitive and backwards. They routinely send people to do dangerous jobs that they are not trained for and don't get paid for. It can take years to get the promised raise that goes along with the added responsibility and risk. Additionally they take very poor care of the cars in their care. The detail shops and the lot crews and even shady dealers do a fair amount of damage to the cars along the way, and it often leads to operational complications that require extra manpower to resolve.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, benefits
Cons
Poor management
Not the best place to work!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2019
The person who was suppose to train me for the job was setting me up for failure. I was let go after 3 days even though I did everything I was asked to do. I don't feel bad since it was a chance for me to find a way better job which I love.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor work conditions
Poor Management
Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GA5 February 2019
Poor Management team, lack of leadership in most department, no teamwork, everyone complains, leadership doesn't take ownership of its own mistakes, always quick to point the finger at the employee's
Was a good place to work, but now you just need to "get your stuff done"
Architect (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN29 January 2019
There is a lot of variability between groups. Depending on the group you work in, you may have a flexible work schedule. Not all groups have flexible work weeks. There are a lot of great people that work there, but that is also changing as the culture was good but not it's about "just get your work done and don't ask questions".
Pros
Good employee perks, on-site benefits - especially with the new building.
Cons
New management is having an a destructive effect on the culture.
Professional atmosphere in Internal Auditing
IT Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN24 January 2019
Excellent VP of Internal Audit. Strong teamwork and comraderie. Opportunity to grow through experience and professional education.

Working with different lines of business and training IT auditors is rewarding.
Pros
Excellent leadership
KAR Family
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ18 January 2019
Great environment! Fast paced fair pay. Difficult to advance. Hours are great. Good stock options and 401k. Management is fair but budgets are heavy and difficult to obtain.
If you are a person that enjoys working outside and then this job is for you.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT16 January 2019
Working outside side inspecting vehicles at an auction looking for body damage on vehicles that have come to be resold. Fast pace and commissioned position.
overall great life/work balance culture, cares for employees
DEALER SERVICE SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN14 January 2019
The company is progressive for it's market. They stay involved in employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
The managers for each department vary greatly in terms of management styles. Research thoroughly before accepting position from hiring manager.
Ok
Operations Crew Chief and Sales Liaison (Current Employee) –  Manville, NJ13 January 2019
Sometimes forced to use PTO if weather is SOE bad
cuts your hours off at 37.5 each week
no overtime (even if we were able to get to +40)
better communication would be nice.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Akron, NY9 January 2019
Check buildings, patrol the lot for trespassers, check in/receive vehicles, check out the vehicles, do reports on accidents or other incidents, prevent keys from stolen and kept up to date logs.
Pros
Got access to cars before auction.
Cons
Truckers, car haulers, and car dealers giving security problems.
Culture is deeply flawed
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN8 January 2019
Benefits were good, especially PTO (23 days not including holidays). Overall environment was not conducive in fostering young women in the workplace. Men in management outweighed women in management by 5:1 in my department. Male managers were very cliquey and there was the atmosphere of a “boy’s club.” Managers will say they will provide training to develop you but never follow through on their word, even when prompted with multiple reminders.
Cons
Blatant sexism
There’s a very horrible place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 January 2019
Very horrible place to work lack of management. Very cutthroat job the general manager is the absolute worst person to ever run the place. The management plays favorites there’s no career advancement at all. The pay is terrible considering the high cost of living in Austin Texas. There’s temp workers making more money in full-time employees. Just the overall morale there is absolutely terrible everyone feels get there to watch over their shoulder for the fear of being fired. So in short no job security, horrible pay, lack of management, no career advancement, no employee respect, terrible place to work.
Pros
See nice cars
Great place, terrible management
Reconditioning Associate (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PA3 January 2019
Great place to work if you can get pass the managers that talk down on your for a mess up or even a family emergency you still get talked down on or cussed out. The co workers are a mixed group of nice and terrible people. There is definitely favoritism with people. The benefits are good enough to partially tolerate the terrible management skills of most of the managers. If you love working with cars it’s great. Not for sensitive people because managers WILL beat you down mentally and emotionally
Pros
Benefits and paid time off
Cons
Management and favoritism
Relax workday
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN31 December 2018
We drive cars to and from business. We also drive the cars through the car auction. This is a very relax job and is perfect for retirees trying to make a little extra money or something to do.
Stressful due to unsafe equipment required to operate
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR26 December 2018
Loader Operator, Management did not listen to issue with unsafe equipment and that not up to OSHA Code. Would have been a good place to work for if they would have kept their equipment up to OSHA code and not have to operate under unsafe conditions.
If you love cars
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN20 December 2018
If you love cars,this job is for you, If you love traveling ,this job is for you, If you love customer service,this job is for you, I have been working with this company for over 3 years, and I love working for this company.Geat benefits, work schedule and pay.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Excellent learning experience
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TX17 December 2018
I truly learned a lot about the Automotive business working here. Wholesale, Retail, Dealers licensing, etc are all great life building characteristics...
Pros
They feed us
Cons
No union
Management will throw you under the bus so fast
tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 December 2018
Worked here for 3 months, they waited 3 months for me to come into that job (was in school) moved to vegas (from CA) and hated it so much I left. your just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.