Kao Corporation

Kao Corporation Employee Reviews

It was fun working at SUQQU, a fast paced working environment where your recognised as a team member even if your part time. A good buzz at Selfridges and fun events, I enjoyed my part time job whilst studying. I could learn fast from some long term staff who are very knowledgeable, also good quality products.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Store hours
Brilliant customer service experience with all different types of clients offering 100% professionalism & confidentiality...providing the best haircut to everyone & succeeding to meet all individuals requirements ...ensuring every client feels good after the service & treatment they have received
This work places has the worst management there can be. Very unprofessional and racist. This company has no respect towards different cultures and will treat you like an outsider. They expect you to wear 100% polyester (plastic) uniform in work conditions where the counter is very hot and stuffy due to excess white lighting. The management is bias and unorganised and will show you no respect is your not Chinese or white.
The company do not know how to run a successful business hence why so many people leave.. The area manager is very controlling and micro manages everything you do from changing the rota, coming into store and causing a mess and then leaving you to sort it out! Management never received any support and always talked down too, making you feel worthless. They mainly only employ zero hours so they don’t pay for sickness and holidays! Unfortunately if they don’t change this structure of how they do things it will end up with just the area manager running the business on her own. (Which is probably what she wants) My advice to anyone who is thinking of applying for this position really think twice!
Pros
30 days holiday
Cons
Not supportive
Degrading place to work. No recognition, awful management, bad discipline policies and unfair targets. Only good thing was the rewards, bonuses and the pay.
This place really set me up and made me in to the person i am today, i build so much confidence and gave m skills i would not have learned anywhere else , wish i did not have to leave and i would go back instantly if it was the right job for me
Driving the family daily doing school runs and other driving duties. Making sure all the vehicles are clean to a very high standard and all the documents MOT, road Tax, insurance and parking permits are up to date. Taking the housekeepers shopping collecting the dry cleaning and other ad hoc duties.
Pros
company car
Cons
- enhanced my skill sets and management techniques - management style allowed for some autonomy in decision making - good work / life balance with ability to work from home as necessary - good environment for furthering personal development and mentoring - always set stretch goals to optimise success - travel was essential in my role but always enjoyable - people are talented and collaborative overall
Pros
People
Cons
Senior level decision making in a matrix environment was challenging
fabulous industry to be in but have a poor work life balance ethic. low salary but excellent bonus structure. need to improve on company morale and support
Typical day at the salon is very busy, you always have to be productive and on your feet. You learn new skills everyday from boosting your confidence, learning to speak to a vary of different customers, multi-tasking, etc... Hardest part of the job is making sure everything is still being done during the day while working one on one with a stylist but the most enjoyable part is seeing the customer leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours, sometimes wouldnt get a break
Nos dias mais movimentados nao podia perder muito tempo ou ter muitos erros. Sempre buscavamos a perfeicao. Os dias de menos movimento nao tinha muito o que fazer, entao organizava o estoque, geladeira etc
Pros
refeicao na empresa
Cons
pouco tempo para hora doalmoco
Days can vary, sometimes it can get very busy whereas other days it can be very slow, during which you have to be creative and stay productive to try drive business. Many skills such as adaptability, problem solving, people management, relationship management, etc. gained are self taught and developed from being thrown on the spot. I feel I have learnt to adapt to and deal with various situations as well as multiple challenges physically and emotionally with little support whilst still trying my best in maintaining a positive attitude to motivate and lead a team. It is an extremely difficult and trying learning curve but has made me stronger as a person, as a manager. I believe it is not a bad company, but it is a shame that the area managers are not on the same wavelength which can make work life for those working below them very difficult. There is a lack of support and too much control, leaving staff feeling highly disrespected and undervalued. The team I personally manage are great. My new girls give me complete support and work very hard giving me no complaints or difficulty; I could not get through the days without them and they make all the hard work worth it. The hardest part of the job is keeping an optimistic and positive mindset when trying to successfully overcome set targets or obstacles, alongside simultaneously working to win over uncooperative longtime team members whilst also training new staff members when you yourself are new with little support from the company, then not being acknowledged for all efforts and later successes (sometimes even falsely accused - more...
Pros
A learning curve for personal development
Cons
Lack of support and appreciation of staff with little benefit
Collegues were very friendly and chatty, made you feel at home, work was hard day to day, long hours, but time passed as it was often busy and so i had plenty to do. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a steady hand carrying cappachinos up the stairs without spilling them, and having to deal with any complaints from difficult customers. I enjoyed making the food and coffees the most.
Pros
Free food and drink whenever you wanted
Cons
A typical day consisted of me running my own column and building up a clientele and looking after the colour stock. I trained at John Frieda so i learned an incredible amount about hair colouring, hairdressing, product knowledge, stock levels and also education. The management there was fair and positive and guided you into building your own busy clientele. My co workers were fun, interesting people and from a variety of backgrounds who taught me a lot in my development at John Frieda. The hardest part of the job was building up my clientele to begin with. It is a very competitive place John Frieda but it also made me strong. The most enjoyable part was colouring hair and the daily running of my clients.
Pros
Working with a variety of colour brands
Cons
The credit crunch really affected the salon
Fun store to work for and a atmosphere which is great for all. Best beauty hall in the world. lots of events, promotions, creativity and theatre enjoyable place to work and meet friendly people.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours!!!