Kantar Employee Reviews

stressfull
Telephone Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Hull23 November 2015
the job was very stressful due to the nature of cold calling and the fact you couldn't deviate at all from their scripts. this made it very hard to reach targets especially when ringing up people in the evening.
Pros
you got paid
Cons
the working environment was stressful
A day in the MBC office
Spain Fieldwork Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 October 2015
Morning started a breakfast with a coffee and checking emails. Followed by several tasks depending on the project, from desk top research, team managing, consultant appointments scheduling, team project meetings. The team work was very good and work environment was very friendly. Sometimes the hardest bit was trying to meet client deadlines as during fieldwork unexpected issues happened and it was impossible to achieve the agreed deadline. Nevertheless a solution always was found. I really enjoyed the team work.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
A extremely noise
Diversity
Group Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  London5 October 2015
A multinational company with offices 8 offices located around the world. Company goals encourages whole brain thinking which makes you think of not just how you can improve on your natural talents, but also how far you can stretch yourself to reach your maximum potential.
Pros
free breakfast
fun place to work
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warwick, ENG1 October 2015
Kantar payroll department is a fun place to work until one finds out that the wages they are being paid are way less than what other colleagues in the same job level and duties are being paid. I thought their was some sort of discrimination/equal opportunities law in place to prevent employers from doing just that.
Pros
vastly growing employer and onsite restaurant
Cons
Unfair treatment and unjust wages
Forward thinking, data driven business
International Marketing & Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 September 2015
Kantar Media is an all encompassing media research agency. Working there has been a great experience for learning and developing, however unfortunately the salary and benefits packages do not match up to many large agencies these days.
Pros
Work with the best minds in media research
Cons
Low pay
Good Job
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, ENG2 September 2015
I had to telephone companies and households in the UK to conduct research studies. The job was simple to do. I learned how to deal with all different kinds of people. I also learnt how to use cati systems and type whilst talking to the respondant on the phone. The management was good. They made sure that their staff knew exactly what was going on. The co-workers were always willing to help me out if I had an issue. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to nice customers.
Pros
good money
Cons
unsociable hours
Great people to work with
Telephone Interviewier (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, ENG12 August 2015
Fun place to work, fair managers, great co workers, learnt MRS code of conduct, data protection and working on multiple computer systems.
good environment
Market Research Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  london11 August 2015
People are okay to work with there at work, okay to just get along with your tasks but does get quite boring.
15 min breaks in between shifts
learn a lot of telephone communication skills
Pros
free hot drinks machine
Cons
0hr work, short hours, favouritism within the workplace
Flexible and interesting job
Social researcher interviewer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 May 2015
I did enjoy my time as a face to face interviewer.
The flexibility of the job is a great deal and the opportunity of knowing a lot of people from different backgrounds.
Smile and dial
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 April 2015
Kantar motto: "smile and dial" the more robotic you are, the better. Toilet breaks are often timed and the atmosphere can be very patronising.
productive
Market Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London24 March 2015
Within this job role, patience is key, we are required to talking to customers on a daily basis and we have to build a rapport with the customers in order to speak with them comfortably.
Some customers need reassurance as some are wary of takking part in the study we conduct.
But once rapport is built and reassurance is given the study can flow.
You are requred to deal with difficult cstomers at times but over the years I have built the abilily and confidence to do this.
fun and easy work
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nelson, ENG24 March 2015
Work was easy, they put a lot of pressure on people to read verbatim but I never had that problem. co workers were friendly and young.
Pros
Free coffee/hot chocolate/tea
Productive and Quite workplace
Product Coder Specailist (Current Employee) –  London, ENG12 January 2015
Continuous Data Entry from Morning until working hours are over.
Dealing with clients queries and ensure that they have been up within a 4 week cycle.
the department is made up of little team which have a bout 3-20 team members, there are different type of people working with the department and able to gain knowledge and experience for the team.
Management are friendly and understanding.
the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new system set up and able to help clients for efficiently.
throughout the working experience I have gained knowledge in how the 4 weekly cycle works and how to maintain excellent relationship with clients and ensuring they are happy with the service they have been provided by myself and co workers.
Pros
Free Fruit Everyday
Cons
Flexible working hours
kind of ok
Global Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London10 November 2014
Opening Outlook, reply to emails, making phone calls, follow up appointments, scheduling interviews, updating my database.
Working through different time zones.
Getting people to participate in the projects.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
0 hours contracts
Great Place to Freelance
Director, Global Communications (Current Employee) –  London & Surrey2 November 2014
This has been a challenging yet rewarding role, with freedom to generate work-life balance.
A truly global business working with world renowned clients in the retail and manufacturing sector.
Generating market leading thought leadership, always pursued by the media for industry commentary.
Tight budgets and a lean workforce can be challenging.
Great place to start your career
Category Analyst - Nutrition (Current Employee) –  London, ENG11 October 2014
As a place to learn your trade, Kantar is a great place. salary does not reflect work done by less senior employees.
fun place to work at
Telesales (Former Employee) –  hanger lane18 September 2014
very busy work place, surveys are utmost important
supervisors are very friendly, and so is the senior management.
free coffee's and drinks however because of working with computers, drinks are not to be brought into the computer room which is very fair as it's also part of health and safety
Pros
break every 3 and half hours
Cons
short hours
Productive place of working
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG3 July 2014
I learnt a lot about my communication skills and how different you can be once you are talking to someone on the other end of the phone. I learned how to be patient and sturdy with my customers but the hardest part of the job was dealing with people who did not want to participate with the survey. Some of those people were hard to communicate with and I was not able to book them into a time slot where another one of my colleagues could call them back. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we could go round and help each other out and make progress with each other whilst making new surveys. Managers and co-workers at the call centre that I worked at were very understanding and helpful when it came to problem and difficulties.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Fun workplace
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westgate, ENG2 June 2014
A typical day working at Kantar would be working on Client's data e.g: L'Oreal, replying to internal and external emails, working together as a team to schedule in work and to sort out issues.
I have learnt a lot at Kantar especially how to communicate to Client's and how to manage their needs. I have the most amazing co-workers, we all help each other to work together as a team and a lot of them have become my true friends. The most enjoyable part of my job would be receiving fantastic feedback from the Client's and being rewarded for this. My company has the most amazing reward scheme and I have received this reward twice while working at Kantar and it really does motivate you. I really do like how everyone celebrates your birthday by receiving a birthday card and on big birthdays they decorate your desk. I just think this is such a nice thing to do.
Pros
Free lunches, Company Events/Conferences, Get your birthday off
Cons
Salary, Sometimes have to work long hours due to understaffed
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Warwick, ENG1 June 2014
Heavy workload, quick paced environment, hardest part of the job is the expectation to learn as you go with very little training and guidance from management. Most enjoyable part of the job is reviewing creatives and pulling a story together based on data - why has an ad performed well or badly, how have consumers responded to certain things, and the differences across countries.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kantar. Our community is ready to answer.