Kamsons Pharmacy

Kamsons Pharmacy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
Unfortunately there isn’t much in the way of career advancement.
I’m after a change in career and want to advance myself.

Looking for fulfilment one my work
Working at Kamsons pharmacy has been an interesting experience.It has been rewarding delivering medication to cutomers within the local area.
However, I found that staff were unorganised packing up medication leaving customers without their full order and and having to redeliver. Deliveries can pill up if undelivered and can be a total mess.
Pros
Delivering to customers
Cons
Unorganised and scatty
Friendly and helpful colleagues, there is close senior management however it is helpful and allows the shop and staff to work to their highest potential. Work can be challenging and stressful, as any pharmacy is, but Kamsons is the best company I've worked for by far. Highly recommend to anyone in this industry.
Pros
Always enough staff, friendly team and atmosphere, rewarding job
Cons
Can be stressful and long hours, but that's Pharmacy!
You get 0 training despite what they try argue is classed as “training” you’re only shown how to work their tills. They don’t tell you anything about different types of prescriptions and if you ask where a product is because you’re unsure after being there less than a week, you’ll get a sarcastic condescending response. You get no support from the management or other colleagues, they show no empathy whatsoever to issues that are effecting you. You’re barely spoken to by other staff throughout the majority of your shift, one of them couldn’t even say good morning or goodbye. The pay is minimum wage unless you’re over 21. I’ve never worked for a place for a shorter amount of time in my life. Would recommend to no one. Very hostile environment.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no actual training.
No concern for the needs and welfare of customers. Profit prioritised. Lack or compassion and integrity amongst staff members and management. Fake, manipulative, incompetent, and compliant staff valued.
Unfortunately management make it clear who they like and dislike staff wise. This makes for uncomfortable working days. Also there is a big blame culture, nobody would own up to mistakes and blame one another. In the two years I worked here I believe Kamsons got through approximately 9 members of staff. To them you are just a number and easily replaced.
It's a family run business with a lovely team of employees. Unfortunately my post was temp basis, covering a maternity leave. However I was not well informed of this. Bad management.
Disgusting management would never have applied if i knew how the company treat there staff ....just sack you on the spot for no reason no compassion...
Kamsons is a fantastic company with excellent support for employees. Although the job is quite high pressure and stressful at times the company offers a real sense of contribution to the community, Through all the lows and bad days I still come away with the feeling I have done something good. Regular customers and the relationships you build with them make it all worth it. When things go well they go really well. It’s quite important to go in with thick skin and an open mind.
Pros
Good management, sociable hours, sense of community
Cons
Rare progression opportunities, very busy fast paced environment, high pressure
very much enjoyed working for this company compared to the big multiples its a joy, it has the same pressures they just seem to manage them better. community pharmcy id fast becoming a very difficult place to work but this company seem to just get on with it there is plenty of staff and the owners are all jolly nice chaps and make an effort to get to know their staff. am happy to review the company not happy that indeed force you too. blahh blahh blahh
Disgusting firm to work for, get spoken to horribly , management thinks it’s ok to sit you in a room and have you in tears , no team work, don’t look after there staff, manageant outrageous,

No proper training, always feel like your walking on egg shells,
A nice place to work when things are going smoothly but when something happens things can change very quickly, feels like a bit of panic sets into people’s mind set which leads to a blame culture theme. Although people work hard at being efficient it is sometimes difficult because the system and process is very had hoc this leads to more blame and no authentic recognition.
I have worked within a branch in Uckfield and in the warehouse for this company and both sectors treated me awfully! The management are very too heavy and don’t care about those working on the ground, the rate of pay is atrocious and the respect in return for loyalty is non-existent. I felt lost while working for both parts of the company and I didn’t feel valued at all by anyone I worked with or for! Think long and hard before you work here!
Not a bad place to work overall, however fast paced and stressful most of the time. Dealing with the public can be rewarding. Exams and ongoing CPD necessary as is a willing to learn.
Rubbish accuse offf things that you haven’t done and then sack you on the hear say off a made up complaint that didn’t egsist and then on your last day off employment they say there as been another complaint so they can’t pay you the money they promised you
Pros
Cons
A lot
By far the best organisation I have ever worked for, from the top down you are supported, the ethos is great and you are congratulated for your hard work
Don't keep promises to employees. Very little chance to get promoted. Even less chance if your manager and his favorites decide they don't like you for the smallest reason. You can't change their minds. No matter what.
Pros
discount
Cons
Managers and staff
I have worked for this company for some time now. I have to say the support we get at branch level is excellent. We regularly get to see our senior managers and they are all in touch with the day to day issues of community pharmacy. Whilst the pay is of the going rate (not excellent or poor), the staffing levels really reduce stress levels meaning that each day we generally cope with the demand of the public.
As far as a family run company goes this is without doubt the best I have experienced.

As a company Kamsons are continually looking of ways to improve and develop individuals and I hope that my career continues to move in a positive direction with this employer.
Pros
Staffing levels and senior management support
Cons
at first alot of processes to take on - However training and support is brilliant
Of all the pharmacy groups this has to be the best one to work for. The branches are staffed so that you have enough time to do the job to a standard that you can be proud of and give your customers the time they require. Senior managers are supportive and help is there when you need it without being set targets left right and centre.
Pros
Supportive culture where you are encourgaed to be your best
Cons
On your feet most of the day
I would arrive early and prepare the counter, shop and any prescriptions to be given out. I loved the other people I worked with and enjoyed some of the moments. However, due to the nature of the job, some customers wouldn't be so pleasant in which would be the hardest part of the job. It is worth it, most customers are elderly and extremely friendly and so shifts are comforting at times knowing you are helping others.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No breaks
Actually a fairly ok company to work for, delivering medicines to a vast selection of patients, very prompt at payment and supplied a company uniform
Pros
Daytimes Free
Cons
Low Pay