KFC Pay & Benefits reviews

KFC is repetitive and not rewarding.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire18 April 2018
If you are a student or if you are just going into the world of work, then KFC is a good place to start.

A typical day at KFC Irvine would consist of being given a station where you would be for the rest of your shift. By being assigned to one station, it ultimately becomes boring and very repetitive which makes the shift go in longer. You could be anywhere from being a cashier, pouring drinks, packing the order, cleaning up after customers (lobby), preparing sides ec.t.

The breaks at KFC are not great as you can work as long as nine hours and only receive a 30 minute break which looking back is rather extreme. Especially with the fact that the nature of the work is fast paced. However the free staff meals are a bonus as you are given around £5.70 which is generous for a lunch meal.

I had very mixed opinions on management. Certain managers were always great and easy to approach, some not so much. Favouritism unfortunately did exist which led to people getting more hours and getting on more favourable working stations. I found the way certain managers spoke to you at times was terrible. This was partly due to the managers being young and inexperienced.

The last point being that their is little job security. Some weeks you could receive as little as 4 hours to other weeks receiving around 20 which I would say is decent for a part time job. 4 Hours with a minimum wage job would result in £22 a week which really is not enough, even for a student.
Pros
Free Lunches and Flexible working hours
Cons
Job is repetitive and little employee protection
Worst job with the worst management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Only if you re desperate ! Long hours, minimum wage , bad management. They treat you like a slave , no respect no fairness if you re not from India or Sri Lanka .
Pros
Free meals
Its okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Peterborough14 April 2018
KFC wasnt a bad place to work, in fact it is good for young people who want to start somewhere and get some experience. Everyone was patient with my learning, everything was clear.

The only thing I would say is that I wish the training process was a little less hands on and on shifts and more about learning the systems ect, apart from that, it was all good.
Pros
food on lunch times
Cons
long hours, training whilst on shift, not really much time to learn and for things to sink in
Brilliant workplace with lovely staff! Low wage however.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arbroath12 April 2018
KFC is a great place to work, staff r=tend to be friendly and where I worked we were all a big family.
Occasionally the hours can be a bit poor if you are part time, which isn't great when the job is your only source of income.
The wage is just on minimum wage and is not the best it could be, it means that you have to work a fair amount of hours over the week to get paid a decent amount. Myself having worked 13-14 hour shifts before just to make up hours.
The environment is fun and fast paced and there is such a wide variety of things to do, which can make coming to work exciting and a little bit of a mystery.

I have made some of my best friends working at KFC and it is a genuine and homely environment.
hi
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury10 April 2018
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I worked at KFC full-time (More than 2 years)

Pros

Great environment and a “family-like” atmosphere. Earning potential is unlimited with very fair performance based bonuses. Great training and coaching provided.

Cons

Sometimes the work vs. personal time is a challenge. Job sometimes requires a lot of long days and weeks and doesn’t leave a lot of time for personal and family time, but the work is very rewarding.
Pros
gm
Cons
Mm
fun place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Cardiff5 April 2018
long busy days but a good place to work with friendly staff and management. really enjoyed working there. learnt about different cultures and food standards
First job material. Nothing special
Team Member (Cook) (Current Employee) –  Chester4 April 2018
As long as you pay attention during training you will be fine.

Typical day is as you would expect. Certain times of the day are really busy but most of the time you will find yourself cleaning and preparing for the next rush.

If you want to sit around and do nothing then this really isn't the job you want. You are expected to always be doing something.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours when needed
Cons
Minimum wage, lack of rewards/bonuses
So-So
Shift Leader/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  North East3 April 2018
Ok. Management can be not bothered at times and needs a kick to get things going. Staff are great otherwise. Benefits are good. The odd person too big for their boots in the workplace but actually does nothing but otherwise decent place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working with difficult customers. The odd bully in the workplace.
Stressful and badly managed
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe23 March 2018
working as a kfc team member is a difficult and stressful job. the management of the workplace is carried out badly and is very disorganised. shifts are often cut short, which therefore leads to lack of money when payday comes.
Pros
free food during shifts
Cons
awkward shifts
productive and fun workplace
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Lisburn22 March 2018
The staff were great and the morale was always high. If you ever needed help someone would be there to assist you. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and sore feet
team member
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at kfc, I met some friendly people
who was always willing to help out. I worked front till so was greeting customers and handling money and food and customers. Was able to learn new skills and gain experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes long hours when at college.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Birminghan21 March 2018
I have enjoyed working at kfc and learning aspects of the job im one of the fastest drive thru timer i met loads of new members of staff and trained loads of staff aswell
Pros
Free lunch
Awful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paignton21 March 2018
Without a doubt the worst place to work. Given 60+ hour weeks with no days off. Suppose to have an 11 hour gap - sometimes only given 8. Expected to work 12 hour shifts each day with little rest. Never praised for your hard work. Management is an absolute joke. Place is disgusting. Rules aren't followed. Complete laughing stock to the general public.
Pros
Cons
14 hour shifts, management, everything
Poor workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire20 March 2018
Offered a job promised full time hours. Left my current job (part time 20 hours a week) at the understanding i would be getting max 30+ hours. First week 4 hours 2nd week 14 hours and 3rd week 16 hours. I have left after the 3rd week to job with fulltime hours.

Shifts are really short,hours aren't as promised,management don't like doing anything,training shifts are to short to pickup things,was never given fire training,no online training.
Pros
Staff discount. Free meal after 6 hours.
Cons
Short shifts&less hours than contracted
kfc
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlisle18 March 2018
its ok if you you are only looking for money and not a career, although the wage is not good for the amount of stuff you have to do whilst on shift...
fun work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 March 2018
great people to work with fun job but hard work on feet all day greor at shifts patterns works around you for childcare.free drinks and meals exciting people
Pros
fee lunch
Rubbish Place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside14 March 2018
Applied for full time position but after I completed paperwork they told me it was zero hours with a fancy name.

After talking with manager they agreed to give me 30 hours a week but the hours never came.

Got 2 shifts in the space 2 months

Received no training

Got no fire safety training
Pros
Free Meal on Duty
Cons
No hours, no training
Productive work place and are able to gain new skills
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire14 March 2018
I enjoyed working here, although they would make us do too many hours than what we were capable of doing around other things e.g. college, school e.t.c I would recommend working here though as it is a nice job to start off with as you can get used to the working environment as well as gain more skills to carry over to another job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours/too many hours
Alright Job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2018
Good first time job however store began to fall apart over the years so decided to leave and try another role. Spent 3 years there but flexible and stable
Don’t work for a franchised store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South london12 March 2018
Franchises only care about figures, the company itself is lovely to work for and invests a lot of time and effort into team members but the franchises are always looking at what they can cut
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55K