KFC Pay & Benefits reviews

ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 October 2018
okay company to work for,

very long hours and unsociable hours
not a lot of team work shown, mainly working individually
crosstraining a lot of areas
Overall fun experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh14 October 2018
Although the pay level depending on age is a downside, the work life of being able to work along side a team was a enjoyable experience. The management are nice however fail to notice team member capabilities for future advancement.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
bad pay for under 18
Didn't like working here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex12 October 2018
Personally, I didn't like working at KFC. The KFC which I had worked at didn't teach me any new skills and working in fast food was just horrendous. For me, the worst part was the pay at £3.85 per hour.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours and Terrible Salary
Very stressful disorganised place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire10 October 2018
Most shifts are badly organised and very under staffed, I have worked for KFC for 3 years now, it was my first job. Its great up to the first six months then you it starts getting tedious. There is next to no flexibility in shifts as other Team Members always have a moan till they get their way. Management is horrific and the shift is basically run by team members. Breaks are not always given and it is normal to finish up to at least an hour after your rota'd finish time (worse if you have a till on). Very little training is given to anyone. You can be running up to 3 stations at a time on your own for up to 3 hours at a time. You will be expected to work bank holidays, Christmas eve, boxing day, new years eve/day. No extra pay for overtime/bank Holidays/christmas.
Under 18s wage-£4.20ph
18-21s wage-£5.90ph
Pros
Great people to work with. Plenty of overtime to go around
Cons
Very stressful at busy periods. Management are hard to work with. Low pay.
busy
Fast food cashier (Former Employee) –  Hove9 October 2018
the job was hard and very tiring worked long hours and stayed extra time to often had a lot off hours and missed a lot off my summer but made enough money
Pros
free food
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 October 2018
I enjoyed my time working for KFC, they promote team building and make it a fun environment to work in. Plenty of perks and the more hours you work the more holiday you earn.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long shifts
its ok
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire5 October 2018
kfc is ok to work the one bad thing about it is the teenagers working there the food is good and all the new and different foods they come out with every year
Pros
good plase to work food is good
Cons
working with 16 to 18 year old
terrible place to work, stay away!!!
team member (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 September 2018
This company is terrible to work for, I worked here for just under 2 years and did not enjoy one bit of it. The shifts are silly and if it says on the rota you are in till midnight, you could be there as late as 3 in the morning cleaning up. Only reason why I stayed for so long was because I needed an income whilst I looked for a new job and my colleagues I worked with kept me going. You are not treated as a person, only as a number in their company and only care about the money you take that day. Such a high overturn of staff and they wonder why!!!
Pros
Good people I worked with, free staff meals on your breaks
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, high turnover of staff, managers are jobsworths and incompetent!!!
Family setting
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire29 September 2018
Working here is like working in a family. The team feeling is good and it helps you develop good skills and knowledge. The workplace culture is good and you can get flexible shifts around the home life.
The contract is only 4 hours which is disappointing and when sales are low hours are low. The hardest part of the job is having to work understaffed and this causes a lot of issues during busy periods causing customer complaints. A lot of hard work on low staff is expected but demand for sales and no customer complaints.
Pros
free staff meal, hours can be flexible
Cons
short contract not guaranteed hours
Fun but stressful place to work.
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull26 September 2018
The job is fun as it keeps you on your toes, however, when the store is busy it is a very stressful place to work. I find it hard to create a social life around my hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
fun work place
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 September 2018
U can have a good laugh with family and the manager as you work to high standard for customer and chicken is always at high standard and customer are satisfaction
Pros
30 minutes break and 5:99 for food
Cons
4 hours
Productive and fun place to work part time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
I work here as a full time student with a part time job job. It served and balanced working and school I ng at the same. Great people to work with and also a great place to work
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Standing long hours
Typical day at work
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire18 September 2018
I have learned a different management style and how to control labour. But the only hardest part is the delivery issues that we challenged over this year but overall it is a fantastic company to work for also I would carry working for but need to be in Birmingham, As a manager, we have to create our own best team and keep them and challenge them to grow by coaching them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and long distance to travel
Not very pleasant
Worker (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire17 September 2018
The management and workers here were not very pleasant. The managements such as shift timetables and leadership roles were very poor. I did not enjoy working here as I was not enjoying my job and I believed the Manager did not manage the store very well.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Very busy
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey15 September 2018
Very busy, not a great pay and training that is given is the bare minimum. Communication between employees isn't the best, management can ignore the struggles and concerns of employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
too much hard work for this pay.
mmeber of the team (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire15 September 2018
Wasn't treated very well plus the managers are really unfair. worked for hours yet they only ever paid me half of what i earned. i did not like working in there.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, not enough money
Flexible (Schedule)
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hulme, Greater Manchester10 September 2018
The schedule of KFC is very flexible and allows me to study in College while working part time. The job is hard at first when I started but you can adapt to it in time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
strong lobby which doesnt allow equal oppurtunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 September 2018
same job every day
you can only grow to a limit
unfair treatment
the bright ones are cornered as they don't have a chance of getting a better place
Pros
free meal
Cons
less opurtunities in term of growth
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Woking6 September 2018
It's no surprise that KFC has scored highly in recent years as a really cool place to work and grow.

Nothing like the corporate machine I expected. Instead, very people-centred with a focus on believing in all people, nurturing growth and having fun. Yes, it's a place of work but it's a better place when you're doing so with genuine friends ...

... And that's how my time was spent across 4 years. Some great people in my team and across the various functions.
Pros
Rewards/benefits, culture, people, flexibility, environment, development
Flexible hours for students
Team member (Current Employee) –  Boston4 September 2018
This job is good for students as it will work around college and school hours. It's a great place for young people starting out their first job as you will learn a lot of skills to help towards your future.
Pros
Discount on food and free food on breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K