KFC Pay & Benefits reviews

needs better management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldock, Hertfordshire18 July 2018
management did not treat staff right, we weere under payed alot of the time and also not payed enough. we worked long hours and there was favouritism by management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managment / pay
Was a good temporary job for little money when needed
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent13 July 2018
This was a place that I went to as I was desperate for money when I was in college. The salary wasn’t very good but it was better than nothing. Also the work environment wasn’t the best.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Awkward hours
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welling13 July 2018
workers are kind and welcoming, treat you like family. training is paid and the staff there are patient and understanding. the management before was much better than currently, but it is decent.
Pros
free lunches
Extreme work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 July 2018
Former employee of KFC, this company is horrendous to work for. There are not benefits or appraisles in which you receive for being good at your job. Management team is based on how long the member has been working within the company and not on their abilities and skills.
As a former employee i was approached many of times for a promotion based on by ability , this was never achieved due to managers having favourites.
Hourly pay is disgusting , there are many different job roles in which you have to undertake while working there, this can be cleaning toilets then expecting to serve people straight away due to the low storage of staff on every shift there is .
The abuse you receive from customer is vile, you are constantly being called ' dump' 'stupid' 'incapable' .

Constantly understaffed and call you to come in . Those whom always phone in sick get away with it , but genuine people who pick up shifts and are always there have abuse and shifts taken off them due to this .
Pros
team work
Cons
workplace
Simple, easy entry job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth9 July 2018
Working at KFC is requires you to do fairly easy tasks and deal with everyday people. It is character building as because you don't deal with the highest of clientele, so you will have to deal with problems that they present to you. However, overall it is a fairly uneventful, repetitive low paid work.
Hate it
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 July 2018
The hours they give are ridiculous, only needed when it suits them, if you’re not favourite of theirs then you won’t get many hours at all, definitely not enough to live on.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hours
Enjoyable work, poor pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Litherland2 July 2018
As a young person was taken advantage of and given the harder nighttime shifts. Overall the management was good, and i got on with most of the staff, however some of the elder employees were often given preferential treatment and frequently tried to undermine younger members of staff. The pay for under 21s is terrible and results in lots of work for little reward.
Pros
Free food, some very nice people
Cons
Long hours, some poor management
Not worth the money
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London30 June 2018
It's such a hard, fast paced job and there is so much to do for such a low wage. The have to deal with lots of rude customers and you also take the blame for any waiting even if it's not your fault.
Pros
You do get a 20% Discount and a free staff meal that's equivalent of about £5
Cons
you get weird hours like 3 hour shifts to 9 hour shifts from week to week, and depending on where you go the staff can be really disrespectful and rude.
Fun with nice people
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pont-y-pŵl29 June 2018
The job is great but the pay is low and they except loads from you. However the atmosphere is brilliant .................................................
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
No personal life
Very little pay and poor communication of the infor.ation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury26 June 2018
The pay for under 18 is as low as 4.20 an hour, and communication of the work information such as working hours for the week, is very poor. You have to stay up until late at night every Sunday to receive the timetable an you could find out you are working on days you said you can't work which is disappointing. Also I had issues with receiving my pay on time. And when I left it didn't receive my holiday pay and p45 until 6 months later. But the team is very friendly.
Pros
Free food, good team
Cons
No set timetable, poor pay, bad communication

Want to know more about KFC?

Ask a question
Fast pace environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oswestry, Shropshire26 June 2018
Head office not good. In store management is a better representation of the company. Very fast pace and hard going for minimum wage. Good team relationships
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rotas only a day in advance, difficult customers
Kfc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2018
I wasn't working at KFC for long but I did really enjoy my job.My work colleagues was really friendly and as a team we worked really hard together....
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds19 June 2018
i was stood around quite a lot and had nothing to do. when i went home i stunk grease as i was stuck behind the counter all day and not moving. however most staff was nice
Pros
free lunch
friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southampton9 June 2018
when stepping into the workplace whether it is during working or not i always feel like its a very friendly environment and all staff are doing their job to the best they can.
Pros
free lunch
Good team to work with
Team member (Former Employee) –  Meir8 June 2018
The people i worked with made the work enjoyable. I got to know some great people which really boosted the morale of workers as the teamwork was better then you would expect. The management was usually fair but sometimes there was poor communication with them. Paid training was given which made the work a lot clearer in what you need to do and no experience is needed to be able to work here.
Pros
Free lunches, holidays, flexible hours, good training
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Rose, IN8 June 2018
when I joined kfc it was approaching Christmas so I had to learn how to become a cashier and how to get people served faster than ive ever had to before. I was dedicated that I could become what my managers wanted out of me . when I first joined my weekly hours would be up to 70 hours a week with 21 hours of college on top of that.
Pros
frre lunch and discount
Cons
managers have no communication
Productive and a Great environment to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bristol5 June 2018
The job role which was given to me was a cook. As usual the cook would be responsible for the product to be on time a reduce delays. This to avoid rush hour clashes/run out. As far as i have worked there the working environment is always vibrant, thus I,v enjoyed it.
Pros
Free meal breaks
not fun
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  London5 June 2018
They did not help with anything.They were rude to customers and they would always talk about other staff workers. The place was very unhygeanic and just was disgusting.
Pros
free lunches up to a minimum
Cons
long hours 11 hours
Stressful but fun at times
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol5 June 2018
I started off as a team member and after half a year progressed to Team Leader. The pay was shocking as team member at my age being 4.50 but we got pay rises and I slowly got up to 6.50 then 8.10 A’s team leader!

You can advance up if you show that you care and do a good job.

Management is eh but what do you expect.

In the end I quit because of stress. Customers are aggressive and start physical fights and rude.

Also! Pay was terrible in the sense that sometimes you wouldn’t get payed and store manager wouldn’t fix issues. Underpayment for holidays too. Probably just my store but who knows.
Pros
Free lunches, promotions
Cons
Low pay, management, not getting payed
Not good
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  West Thurrock27 May 2018
It was not nice working there. The pay was poor for the amount of hours that I was forced to work, I was forced to work nights even though I was to young to do this.
Pros
Free food
Cons
poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K