KFC Employee Reviews

Found 2,522 reviews matching the search See all 20,876 reviews
worst job in my life
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 November 2018
dirty, unhealthy and unorganized. The manager is a lazy person and the cleanness of the restaurant is not always made. the kitchen is always full of germs and dangerous products
Avoid !
Fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne16 November 2018
It is a very fun work place, frendly people and workers.
People are very positive, have a patience with all. All things can be learned with a very easly. For yours perfomance we wiil be premiate, and this is so motivation.
can be a fun environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lancaster15 November 2018
the new managment of my store just wants to be liked but has gone about it the wrong way. yes it can be a fun environment with the right members off staff but it can also be the most stressfull place to be. the manager will not take advice from semior members of staff about staffing that would improve the store. it has also come to light that senior members of staff are talked about behind backs about them in order to turn staff against each other. this makes it a tense environment to work in.
Pros
family environment at times
Cons
back stabbing
Could be good place to work
Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 November 2018
Needs a lot of improvement in management structure. Lack of culture in many sites. Underpaid for the positions and accountability which the people hold in the business.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, weekends work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex15 November 2018
Nice place to work in , having fun at work , can manage how you want to work , flexible shifts , as I said nice overall , immediately starting if u looking for a job
Pros
Free staff meal
Cons
Long shifts
fun place to work
Cashier, China (Former Employee) –  Huzhou13 November 2018
I was in charge of helping customers order their food and giving their orders. Through this work, I learned punctuality and how to serve customers with a good attitude.
It was alright.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Govan13 November 2018
The management could be a bit hit or miss at times and that could be frustrating but it was an ok job overall.Not something I'd recommend if you're looking for career advancement opportunities but solid for earning some money.
very good for a first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Enfield11 November 2018
very busy and fast pace environment. really helped me to realise the importance of working as a team and respecting colleagues and customers. only thing was that you worked long hours for little pay
great people and friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Crewe11 November 2018
management was amazing and supportive.
Everyone got along and our shifts are always fun.
Shift were flexible and manageable.
Free Lunch plus discounts
Flexible shifts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Martlesham10 November 2018
at my age the flexible shifts are great whilst i'm still studying as i'm able to vary my hours and shifts to suit me. However you don,t find out your shifts until the week before or sometimes the start of the week which can make is difficult to make plans outside of work.
Low pay, can be dangerous, rude management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2018
Management can be quite bad depending on who it is, can be rude and talk down to you and treat you badly
Pay is very low for the amount of hours and hard work you do and you only get a half an hour break even if you do ten hour shifts.
Customers can be rude and sometimes you get no support on that, staff go for many cigarette breaks and leave you to do hard work

New starters don’t get much training on the till and can make mistakes without much help or assistance.

If you are short on the till at the end of the day you may have to pay for it out of your own pocket

The uniform comes out of your first pay check which is shocking. It’s an ok job but sometimes you are overworked and exhausted and short staffed.

If you do manage to become a team leader (which only usually happens when they are desperately low staffed and have not much choice, otherwise you have to jump through hoops to progress) the pay is only slightly higher than team members with twice as much blame and responsibility.
Pros
Free meal for lunch
Cons
Long hours, low pay, little breaks, rude customers, rude management
n/a
Store Manager Ballymena (Former Employee) –  Ballymena8 November 2018
fast and busy
learned about chicken
every part of job was difficult
company not easy to work for they wanted all your efforts with no reward. most enjoyable part was leaving
management didnt get enough recognition for everything they do!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield7 November 2018
I just think that the store isn't run correctly, I think that there needs to be better procedures in place and management should get more recognition for everything they do.
I think that if the correct procedures were used then the store would be a lot quicker and have less complaints!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough break time
Stress and pain not worth the money
Cook (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom7 November 2018
It was a mess. the only training you receive is online, all out of date and do NOT cover anything you need to know
While most of the younger staff were nice, older members were incredibly condescending.
despite their major slogan that they present to you LOADS of times (that they're here for their workers) they really aren't - bad pay, stressful hours, 5 hour shift required to get a half an hour break, full time staff sometimes work 10 hours and have a single half an hour break, they have little respect for those who have situations outside of their control
Uniforms are down right gross - EVERYTHING is pre-owned. its extremely rare you wont get something that has been worn by other staff members.

I could go on but i would genuinely recommend you look somewhere else, hands down working here is a nightmare
Pros
Free meals and a decent discount
Cons
Long hours, very little breaks, Not allowed drinks on shift, Break requirements are extreme, EXTREMELY low a pay for work load, Uniforms are all second hand, everything comes with a catch, training is out of date, I really could go on
lousy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Haddington and Lammermuir6 November 2018
KFC as I was LOBBY as a cleaning service. My team never supported me and proud. Salary in less than an hour for me. She was on a half-time contract. On the other hand, people from klietów were not smiling for me, they were laughing because they are Poles who do not respect being clean.
Awful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gainsborough, Lincolnshire5 November 2018
Everything about this place was awful, they overwork you for such surprisingly little pay. Not enough staff on shifts so you have to do 5 people’s jobs at once, the management are the most dreadful people I’ve met that go out of there way to make their staffs time there as worse as it can be. I’ve worked there just short of a year and 75% of loyal hard working staff that have worked there for years have left because of the new management meaning majority of the staff are new comers that aren’t trained properly making work harder. Hygiene here is atrocious, and have heard people at work mentioning out of date chicken and have even found pests in the kitchen myself. Very glad to have left now.
Fun work place
Kfc train team leader (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom5 November 2018
Really nice to place to work and they will look after you. Not only that you will learn new skills each day even if u doing till u will be doing lobby, pack, present and drinks. The management team are outstanding they train hard befor coming one and they are always there for you.
Pros
Free lunch and staff discounts
It was fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingswinford, Staffordshire4 November 2018
KFC is a fun first job as it allows you to begin to understand all of the skills that will be needed when going out to work. They also allow you to change your hours to suit your needs.
productive
Customer Service (Team Member) (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2018
- many skills to learn from
- workplace culture
- learning how to deal with different situations such as customer complaints
-working with other company such just eat to send out deliveries
Pros
free lunches
Cons
closing late
not worth the money
staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 November 2018
made a lot of friends from the job, however for the requirements you have to do the money does not compare. Furthermore the shifts are long and draining for only a 30 minute break.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K