KFC Employee Reviews

Francised
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire19 July 2018
In this role I did enjoy my time up to a point, I felt the payment for work done left you penniless most of the time.
hours worked could increase to over 60hrs and thus family life became nil
needs better management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldock, Hertfordshire18 July 2018
management did not treat staff right, we weere under payed alot of the time and also not payed enough. we worked long hours and there was favouritism by management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managment / pay
Produtive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire18 July 2018
Learnt good food hygeine and safety,
Hours were usually fine and workable, with fine management and other team members,

However i was often settled on the same 2 stations, one more than the other, and i had to ask alot to be able to try a different station, which when i learned would still be a rare occurence of me actually being put there for my shift.

Most enjoyable was working with the other team members who usually were good people and fun to work with,
Pros
good discounts and good work environment
Cons
bad advancement
Ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire18 July 2018
Not a lot to say as only worked during early hours as a cleaner whilst the store was closed, not very good at managing discipline of other team members therfore felt ignored, all staff very friendly.
okay job
argm (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester18 July 2018
learned alot but long hours working weekends and nights not for me anymore. working with younger generation who dont care about the job makes life harder
Pros
free food, dont take job home, money not bad for job
Cons
long hours, working nights and weekends
work place
team Leader member/supervisor (Current Employee) –  London18 July 2018
finsbury park was and still a busy store everyday we had 1600 sale except weekend which we sale over 2000 . the environment was alright ,my store is a multicultural everyone of us work hard to deliver the best costumer service we can everyday was a new day nothing was the same our objectify was and still to make sure that our customer are satisfied we our service.
very busy workplace
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Pont-y-pŵl17 July 2018
a typical day at work will consist on stocking your area up with packaging being used to store the chicken, counting up your till and serving customers, taking complaints and dealing with them appropriately, cleaning the area you are working on and basically trying to keep the team morale up when the store become ridiculously busy.
Pros
get a free staff meal
Cons
can be long shifts
a struggle
kichen assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire17 July 2018
didn't enjoy working here . felt isolated and uncomfortable around fellow employees and didn't get help if needed .struggled with being colour blind and had no support
Pros
day ending
Cons
no help
Stupid
Apprentice Hospitality Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coalville16 July 2018
I had an apprenticeship but the training so bad and didn't train you properly and you were expected to do the work on your own after 6 days training and all the staff members basically leave you to it and it seems that team members/leaders don't help whatsoever and everything is so unorganised. and if u have any health condition that don't care and won't help you stay in work.
Pros
food if you can eat there but only £4.00
Cons
lucky if get breaks and don't care about staff
Was a good temporary job for little money when needed
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent13 July 2018
This was a place that I went to as I was desperate for money when I was in college. The salary wasn’t very good but it was better than nothing. Also the work environment wasn’t the best.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Awkward hours
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welling13 July 2018
workers are kind and welcoming, treat you like family. training is paid and the staff there are patient and understanding. the management before was much better than currently, but it is decent.
Pros
free lunches
flexable work hours
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  intu lakeside, grays, essex11 July 2018
I enjoyed working as a team member and aquired skills such as food preparation and cook. Working in a friendly envioroment and interacting with customers was an enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
commute
fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire11 July 2018
good team, sometimes fast-paced and demanding, especially if understaffed. learned to be thick-skinned as the public do not care for food service workers.
Disappointing.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fratton10 July 2018
I absolutely dreaded coming to work because people were literally dead inside and the customers had no respect. It was good for experience and opportunities for other jobs but other than this I regret the decision to work here.
over worked and under appreciated.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire9 July 2018
There are times when you have to do the job of multiple people, either because there is not enough staff on shift or that the staff that are on shift don't work to help. It is defiantly lacking in team work. The work that you do is very often unappreciated and I don't feel that the pay is worth what they expect of you in this job. There are many members of staff that will refuse to do certain jobs leaving them all down to one person.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
low pay
Extreme work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 July 2018
Former employee of KFC, this company is horrendous to work for. There are not benefits or appraisles in which you receive for being good at your job. Management team is based on how long the member has been working within the company and not on their abilities and skills.
As a former employee i was approached many of times for a promotion based on by ability , this was never achieved due to managers having favourites.
Hourly pay is disgusting , there are many different job roles in which you have to undertake while working there, this can be cleaning toilets then expecting to serve people straight away due to the low storage of staff on every shift there is .
The abuse you receive from customer is vile, you are constantly being called ' dump' 'stupid' 'incapable' .

Constantly understaffed and call you to come in . Those whom always phone in sick get away with it , but genuine people who pick up shifts and are always there have abuse and shifts taken off them due to this .
Pros
team work
Cons
workplace
Simple, easy entry job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth9 July 2018
Working at KFC is requires you to do fairly easy tasks and deal with everyday people. It is character building as because you don't deal with the highest of clientele, so you will have to deal with problems that they present to you. However, overall it is a fairly uneventful, repetitive low paid work.
Hate it
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 July 2018
The hours they give are ridiculous, only needed when it suits them, if you’re not favourite of theirs then you won’t get many hours at all, definitely not enough to live on.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hours
hard working
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 July 2018
I work 25-30 hours a week. I need something with a little more money. happy place to work but can be stressful but we always work together and get things sorted.
Was ok
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool4 July 2018
I enjoyed working here for a while up until all the people who had been working for the company longer expected all the younger people to do everything whilst they were just sat around not doing much. Other than that I enjoyed this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K