KFC Employee Reviews

culture
FREELANCE AND CONTRACT WORK (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 April 2018
Great place to work. lots of learning, development and people culture. A place you can grow. Really enjoyed working and would return anytime. Most enjoyable is the brand standards.
You're not a person to them
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 April 2018
My store was the smallest in Sheffield, this meant we were marginalised frequently and shut when it inconvenienced the larger stores. This was especially bad during the great chicken shortage of '18 when the entire company went into meltdown. Hours plummeted and I couldn't get the money I needed. Being an expendable teenager, head office didn't care and seemingly laughed at our struggles. Management of my store was great, an amazing set of people who put up with the stuff the higher ups put us through, some team members were incompetent and couldn't be removed due to the massive staffing shortage we faced (I frequently ended up doing FOH and MOH by myself in peak times). Overall, for my hourly wage, the job was certainly not worth it.
Pros
Free KFC, if you like that garbage
Cons
They don't treat you well
management not professional, an alright starter job but not really worth it
Cashier/Pot wash (Former Employee) –  Cardiff22 April 2018
This is a good starter job if you're in still in education, but not really worth it in the end, bad pay and bad management. Most don't care about their work or about employees.
take it or leave it
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 April 2018
working for KFC is one job i dont think ill ever go back to well certainly in the kfc store i worked in everyone helps when it suits them and little training
Pros
flexible
Cons
to many problems
fun and active workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  White Rose, IN19 April 2018
since October 2017 ive have been working at kfc in white rose. during this time I have learnt many skills like communication or orginisation. I believe the the hardest part of this job is having to deal with complicated customers
KFC is repetitive and not rewarding.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire18 April 2018
If you are a student or if you are just going into the world of work, then KFC is a good place to start.

A typical day at KFC Irvine would consist of being given a station where you would be for the rest of your shift. By being assigned to one station, it ultimately becomes boring and very repetitive which makes the shift go in longer. You could be anywhere from being a cashier, pouring drinks, packing the order, cleaning up after customers (lobby), preparing sides ec.t.

The breaks at KFC are not great as you can work as long as nine hours and only receive a 30 minute break which looking back is rather extreme. Especially with the fact that the nature of the work is fast paced. However the free staff meals are a bonus as you are given around £5.70 which is generous for a lunch meal.

I had very mixed opinions on management. Certain managers were always great and easy to approach, some not so much. Favouritism unfortunately did exist which led to people getting more hours and getting on more favourable working stations. I found the way certain managers spoke to you at times was terrible. This was partly due to the managers being young and inexperienced.

The last point being that their is little job security. Some weeks you could receive as little as 4 hours to other weeks receiving around 20 which I would say is decent for a part time job. 4 Hours with a minimum wage job would result in £22 a week which really is not enough, even for a student.
Pros
Free Lunches and Flexible working hours
Cons
Job is repetitive and little employee protection
Simple but boring Job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Morden17 April 2018
This is a general labouring job that involves cooking, cleaning and serving as well as Cashier work. The manager will test you in your first couple of weeks but this is to be expected.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours, Cleaning Toilets and Greasy Machinery.
Stressful workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Queensferry17 April 2018
I personally found my experience working at KFC a nightmare. The pay was terrible, and so was the management. It was so stressful I am glad that I left.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
everything else
Bad organisation
Team Member (Current Employee) –  somercoates17 April 2018
A typical day at work includes helping each other out which is normal? but having hardly any breaks when you go to work and having no rota the same each week can get confusing.
Pros
free food
Okay Starting Job
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stevenage17 April 2018
KFC isn't the ideal place to work, but at the end of the day it is good as a starting job for young people or people who are trying to get work. But however working there isn't so great the pay isn't exactly amazing other fast food restaurants offer higher pay than KFC. The job seems like it can become quite stressful, because of poor management and the fact that customers can get quite angry and staff have to be able to try and deal with angry customers shouting and swearing in their face. Some shifts it can seem like there is barely anyone there which is a problem when they run into peak times and there is barely enough staff to provide a quick enough service to customers and then customers end up waiting ages for food to come.
Pros
Free food whilst on shift
Cons
Long Hours, Dealing with angry and displeased customers and some team members and higher management

Want to know more about KFC?

Ask a question
Very hectic but sometimes fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh16 April 2018
At the beginning of my work time at KFC i did enjoy it due to the fact it was me being put in a new environment but as time went on it looked as though the management had gone down hill as there were many more complaints coming in from customer and staff alike as sometimes products were missing as well as the store needing to close early due to this. the people were friendly but the customers were not the best to talk to all the time.
Pros
Get a certain amount for free lunch
Cons
The customers were ususally annoying and disruptive
Worst job with the worst management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Only if you re desperate ! Long hours, minimum wage , bad management. They treat you like a slave , no respect no fairness if you re not from India or Sri Lanka .
Pros
Free meals
General job summary
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnley16 April 2018
Working at KFC was a great experience for me as i got to meet new people and had the chance to learn new skills.I started at KFC in 2015 when i was leaving high school, i really enjoyed my first year of working there. This is because i enjoyed making new friends, learning new skills and boosting my confidence.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new skills, boosting confidence and being taught how to deal with customers.
Cons
Long hours, less shifts, not enough staff on shifts and how busy it used to get on the shop floor.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire16 April 2018
Storong cutomer service and communication skill

Team player works will when unsupervise adaptable to different working handworking reliable and natural problem solve who meetstight deadline
Pros
Warehouse
Cons
Warehouse
shocking work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands16 April 2018
shocking place to work staff are treated poorly and unfairly the pay is disgraceful for what you have to put up with there and when contracted 4hours then given non absolutely shocking work place would not recommend anyone to work here
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Its okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Peterborough14 April 2018
KFC wasnt a bad place to work, in fact it is good for young people who want to start somewhere and get some experience. Everyone was patient with my learning, everything was clear.

The only thing I would say is that I wish the training process was a little less hands on and on shifts and more about learning the systems ect, apart from that, it was all good.
Pros
food on lunch times
Cons
long hours, training whilst on shift, not really much time to learn and for things to sink in
productive but annoying
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Great Bridge12 April 2018
they do not treat new staff with enough respect, I understand they want us to learn fast but they expected e to learn the full menu and how to use the till and how to clean all the lobby top to bottom within a 4 hour shift. and complained at me when I couldn't get something correct
Pros
free food although they still complain about us taking it
Cons
bad staff
Brilliant workplace with lovely staff! Low wage however.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arbroath12 April 2018
KFC is a great place to work, staff r=tend to be friendly and where I worked we were all a big family.
Occasionally the hours can be a bit poor if you are part time, which isn't great when the job is your only source of income.
The wage is just on minimum wage and is not the best it could be, it means that you have to work a fair amount of hours over the week to get paid a decent amount. Myself having worked 13-14 hour shifts before just to make up hours.
The environment is fun and fast paced and there is such a wide variety of things to do, which can make coming to work exciting and a little bit of a mystery.

I have made some of my best friends working at KFC and it is a genuine and homely environment.
Shift Mangager
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainsborough11 April 2018
When I started working here I thought it was a great job and a great place to work, quite quickly I realised this was not the case. Higher management treats their staff like it they are unworthy of time or respect. If you speak up about an issue you get bullied out of the company which has happened at severals stores! They make you feel unwelcome and make you hate the thought of going to work. the pay doesn't compensate for the horrible work environment either. KFC is NOT a nice place to work.
fun at times and stressful at time
Assistant Store manager (Current Employee) –  Harrogate11 April 2018
a good place to start off with your 1 job can work your way up quickly but higher management expects more then you can give it can drag you down sometimes
Pros
fun people
Cons
gets stessful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55K