KFC Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire18 September 2018
I have learned a different management style and how to control labour. But the only hardest part is the delivery issues that we challenged over this year but overall it is a fantastic company to work for also I would carry working for but need to be in Birmingham, As a manager, we have to create our own best team and keep them and challenge them to grow by coaching them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and long distance to travel
Not very pleasant
Worker (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire17 September 2018
The management and workers here were not very pleasant. The managements such as shift timetables and leadership roles were very poor. I did not enjoy working here as I was not enjoying my job and I believed the Manager did not manage the store very well.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Very busy
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey15 September 2018
Very busy, not a great pay and training that is given is the bare minimum. Communication between employees isn't the best, management can ignore the struggles and concerns of employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
too much hard work for this pay.
mmeber of the team (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire15 September 2018
Wasn't treated very well plus the managers are really unfair. worked for hours yet they only ever paid me half of what i earned. i did not like working in there.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, not enough money
Productive and Fun
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 September 2018
Working in KFC gave me a good insight into the food industry, I would reccommend someone looking for a new job to apply to gain major skill and experience.
secure fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arbroath, Angus14 September 2018
My experience with KFC was a good one. I got to meet some nice people who i became friends with and learned new skills with.i learned things like delivery management bringing things in from the delivery and making sure all product is there before the driver leaves
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
not enough hours
fun work place
team member (Current Employee) –  London13 September 2018
It is a good place to work for. Respect and Dignity are maintained. A chance to improve your personality and management. People are good at work and work is evenly divided.
Pros
A prefect part-time option
Cons
If management is bad then too many problems
Productive and enjoyable environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 September 2018
The job contains various experience and skills to be gained day to day. It's an enjoyable environment, which allows you to develop your knowledge and role.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Busy environment, can loose your break times and may have to work long hours
exciting and hard work
Team member (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2018
you will be always on the move when working at KFC, very busy and fast paced environment. Also there are advancement opportunities e.g. team leader or assistant manager but you must take a few exams to be put in this position. You can get bonuses if you get the highest cost per order whilst working on tills. And you may get recognition if you are being a good employee.
Flexible (Schedule)
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hulme, Greater Manchester10 September 2018
The schedule of KFC is very flexible and allows me to study in College while working part time. The job is hard at first when I started but you can adapt to it in time.
Pros
Free lunch
Hard work but satisfying
team member (Current Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire8 September 2018
At Kfc you will find their are many different tasks that are set upon you form the very beginning, and although that can appear challenging; but through time and effort you will feel satisfied that you are growing and achieving certain goals. A typical day will vary depending on whether the store is busy or not, sometimes there may be more intricate cleaning jobs set to do; or it may be that you have to spend more time dealing with customer inquiries and orders.
strong lobby which doesnt allow equal oppurtunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 September 2018
same job every day
you can only grow to a limit
unfair treatment
the bright ones are cornered as they don't have a chance of getting a better place
Pros
free meal
Cons
less opurtunities in term of growth
Fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees6 September 2018
The staff were all treated equally and it was a very fast paced, fun environment to work in. The restaurant was newly refurbished and everywhere was clean.
Great way to build up experience and confidence
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow6 September 2018
Get lots of training, management care about you, learn a lot of things. Great experience. Easy hours, work around your availability. Lets you build a lot of character
Pros
Staff meals, money, staff, customers.
Cons
Some customers guve you hassle. Everyone has a bad day in work
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Woking6 September 2018
It's no surprise that KFC has scored highly in recent years as a really cool place to work and grow.

Nothing like the corporate machine I expected. Instead, very people-centred with a focus on believing in all people, nurturing growth and having fun. Yes, it's a place of work but it's a better place when you're doing so with genuine friends ...

... And that's how my time was spent across 4 years. Some great people in my team and across the various functions.
Pros
Rewards/benefits, culture, people, flexibility, environment, development
team member (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
I enjoyed working there but it was not very organized. We struggled to help the customers and prepare the food at a quick pace. customers became upset and agitated.
Flexible hours for students
Team member (Current Employee) –  Boston4 September 2018
This job is good for students as it will work around college and school hours. It's a great place for young people starting out their first job as you will learn a lot of skills to help towards your future.
Pros
Discount on food and free food on breaks
It was ok for what it is
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees3 September 2018
The main deciding factor as to whether you enjoy working there is your team members. I you have fun team members it can be a good job to have. However, if your team and management are terrible, I can almost guarantee you will not last 2 months.
You do end up making some good friends working there though as you're constantly around the same bunch of people and you all have a common problem, a new found hatred for customers.
The hardest part of the job is probably the lack of respect toward you from customers.
Despite this, the flexibility is very favourable for someone who's life outside of work is very fluid or busy, as hours can be easy to come by and at any time of the day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Can be quite late out depending on shift
Awful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside3 September 2018
Minimum wage, almost like slave labour. Staff aren't treated with respect, DO NOT get paid near enough what you should for the hard graft put in. Awful work environment.
Ok to work there
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wrexham2 September 2018
Good to work for basic hours basic wage good if you want to book holidays busy invirament and working part of a team and working with the public and when not busy cleaning to be done in the kitchen and restaurant.
Pros
Yes free staff meal
Cons
Yes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K