KFC Employee Reviews

Found 2,601 reviews matching the search See all 21,500 reviews
Very poor management, no respect for team members at all
Team member (Former Employee) –  Kfc stretford14 January 2019
Nasty dirty store, team members are favouritised more than others, some team members get a lot more over worked than others bad company bad management
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No rotational shifts, no structure in management, very untidy
KFC summery
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh13 January 2019
The management was not very good as they were not very flexible with each member of staff needs and very very strict. The hardest part of the job was having to clean the staff toilets with a sponge and water, no gloves or cleaning products were provided.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dirty, UNcelan invironemt and unpleasant staff
Shocking
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Moray12 January 2019
Company is terrible you can apply for a job having all the right experience and flexibility and they don’t even bother replying or even looking at your application they need to sort it out instead of wasting peoples time
Pros
Cons
All cons
Always kept busy
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh11 January 2019
I liked working there because of the people I worked with I got on with most people and had a laugh while working which make that time go faster. It was also just up the road from my home so not far at all. The pay was minimum wage though and the work was hard believe it on not it wasn’t worth the money looking back now.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late shifts
Poor management and lack of staff.
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire10 January 2019
Poorly managed. Consistent lack of staff which made providing a high level of customer service extremely difficult. Minimum wage for unsociable hours and being constantly run off your feet due to incapable staff members.
Great place to work!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland10 January 2019
Working at KFC is very fun, and exiting.
Cleaning the place after closing is bit annoying, but there is always that 1 guy who will put some of his class tunes over the PT system to make it more bearable.
You meet some class people and make new friends too! You get to meet people that you would otherwise not meet or even talk to.

All the managers in my branch are dead on and the staff are great craick!!! Love it! :P
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Nothing - so far.
its a nice and busy work place
Till Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent10 January 2019
its a nice work place the employees are friendly and they are very helpful. they will help us with anything we struggle with and the will guid you to the right path.
Pros
free food wit brakes
Cons
bad pay
Great workplace
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Long Eaton, Derbyshire10 January 2019
A typical day at work starts at 4:00pm till 11:00pm. I have to follow all of the procedures for cooking and keep my workplace clean. I have learned everything about how to prepare the food, how to use the machines and how to clean the kitchen before closing. The management and the managers were great. The hardest part of the job was to clean the fryers before closing the store. The most enjoyable part was comunicating with the other people from the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less payment
All staff are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wrexham9 January 2019
Great place to work with great staff. All the staff were friendly and helpful with I first started working there which made things a lot easier for me
Unprofessional
Junction 9 Wednesbury - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands8 January 2019
Managers have favourites, very un hygienic, has constant bad language, nobody wants to help, hardly get praised f or doing a good job, don’t know how to talk to members of staff.
Pros
Free lunch (under £5)
Cons
Bad language, favourites
Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rhuddlan8 January 2019
Some rude staff members that are difficult to get along with, a lot of them calling in sick, management was a joke and had no idea what they were doing, putting me in bad hours and days when i requested certain times and hours due to exams.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long shifts, unfair pay rate, bad management, bad shift placement.
Shocking Management and Culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh8 January 2019
Horrible straight from the induction day where we ticked off all the training guide booklets for new employees before even having worked a shift. I was also given half dirty uniforms in a large KFC paper bag from under the counter that was clearly just thrown in on the day.
Since then it was horrid management from shift runners and the store manager offering no help or support from then to help, as by my second shift I was left on Drive Thru to operate it myself with no more than 2 hours experience. This involved horrible headsets that have low volume that cant be increased and barely stay on your head.
Working on the front was not as bad as you could at east communicate with customers slightly better but the other staff put you under so much pressure when you have had so little training that it become intolerable too eventually.
I eventually found my favourite part of the job to be the cleaning as I at least knew what to do there and didn't feel stressed.
Culture was miserable as most shift runners are from outside the UK as bark orders at you, while other staff spend all day talking behind your back without any intent of helping you.
Barely lasted in the job and left once I had a suitable reason in order to keep my sanity.

Would never recommend to anyone, at least not in this branch. If training protocol is followed somewhere else I could see it not being as bad as culture may also be different there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
not very good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife7 January 2019
some people made work enjoyable in kfc
was very messy
wasn't very flexible
some managers didn't act like managers
some staff very intimidating
not worth working there with how little you are paid
Pros
free lunch
Cons
it all
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newport7 January 2019
Management was ran well, everyone was hard working and always doing a task. I learnt a lot during the time working here , such as how the food was prepared. Enjoyable part of the job was working with lovely people.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Long hours if submitted
fast paced but enjoyable fun environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey6 January 2019
To arrive with the team to set up for the days business. To plan the work rate for all the staff on the daily rota to test the functionality of all the equipment to ensure it is fit for purpose form a food safety/ health and safety perspective
Pros
free food
Cons
long days
fun
Customer Service & Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsthorpe, Northamptonshire4 January 2019
On your feet for long periods of time.
I have learnt how to meet customers satisfaction and how to work in a team.
Management are supportive toward their employees.
The culture is friendly and the employees are like family.
The hardest part of my job is trying to ensure that everything runs smoothly and is done on time so that customers are happy with our product and services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the customers and the staff.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
0 Hour Contract
Nice team
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 January 2019
Nice team work, free lunch, variety of work- till, middle, lobby, contact with customers, good and warm place to work, after one year be a team member I get promote for a Team Leader
Worst place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London3 January 2019
Managers are rude and don't care about staff. Work is only enjoyable if you work with good people on shift. They show no care towards your personal life and customers are rude.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
kfc
manager (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon2 January 2019
a day at work is different from day to day with no day being the same, the running of the store is challenging but exciting but gives good feelings when the results come in
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wages
Productive and fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ipswich2 January 2019
Working a KFC has benefited me massively, I have gained people skills, communication skills, money handling and time keeping. It is an amazing first job as helped me in every day life too.
Pros
Lovely team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56K