Here to help: Coronavirus update

KFC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3,368 reviews
Found 3,368 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is a fun work place to work for their great team crew they challenge you to try out new things always taking positivity up front over anything.
Team Member
Was treated extremely poorly and was put on the worst shifts, such as 4pm-2am, I think this was due to favouritism of other team members. One of the supervisors constantly bullied me for unknown reasons and I quit because of her. The managers are terrible, it is never stocked up correctly and we were always missing something. The manger just used to stand there like a lemon and not help
Social distancing nightmare
Impossible to remain 2m apart from staff as there are only 3 walk ways to BOH, Team leaders pressure for produce from cook station on regular verbal tuts and sighs, Two cooks on station, less than 1m apart, paid same wage as regular even though doubled work load, would never recommend stepping into the cook side as it is stress from clock in to clock out. Also break management is terrible many shift runners will abuse your trust if you entrust them to tell you when to go for breaks.
rubbish place to work
this company does not look after the emoloyees and all they care about is the store achieving the store target per week, they don't offer promotion to hardworking staff
Ok
I really liked it there. Highly recommend, was nothing to bother me. It is a better job for a teenager than it was for me as you can get flexible hours and I'm looking for full. Time
Good
Good place
Friends staff

Good management

Free meal

Clean place to work

Good wages

Flexible hours to work

Good holiday to work

Holiday with payment

Friend people to work with
Great job!!
Friday and Saturdays were the busiest!
Management were helpful and kind! And they care about! You will get a lot of work experience there and confidence! You will get stressed but if you work together you can have a good system going! And make sure there good communication, which there always was! Working at kfc was the best almost 3 years of my life! It can be stressful at time’s but you have so many people around you to help you! It’s an amazing job to have!! I made some amazing friends there!!
Kfc for me was an enjoyable environment to wor
As a new employee I was introduced to all team members and managers and was well trained, I was never afraid to ask for help when I was unsure of tasks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KFC?
Poor employer
Dont work for them, terrible employer, seasonal work, no job security, minimum wage, stressful, unsocialable hours, mo transferable skills to be learnt, not at all good
It’s alright
It’s a good starting point but work/stress is not worth the pay. Managers and team are really nice but the overall work environment can be exhausting especially when you have challenging customers.
Fun work place
I have learned new lots of things while working in KFC, for example, I learned how to communicate with customers I also developed my knowledge on customers services.
Quite easy
You need to be able to work in a fast phase environment , rude people and long shifts . Need to be able to work in a team and know how to reach target and sell products .
terrible environment, management and culture
Lazy, arrogant and incompetent management. Preferential treatment given only to those who brown-nose, regardless of practices. Terrible hygiene standards and poor practices. Lowest staff morale of anywhere I have ever worked. 6 new starters Nov/Dec, all had quit by March. 1 supervisor actually trying to start fights with employees! Sole focus on speed, leaving staff serving terrible quality of food, constant order mix ups, and irate customers. A chaotic nightmare swamp, avoid!
Poor management and lack of care towards staff
Managers are terrible loads of work/personal relationship in one store so anything you take to a manager/shiftrunner will be around the store by end of the day poor food practises by management/shiftrunners rubish pay for the hours you work
Never work here
The franchise’s are disgusting how they treat staff and don’t treat them right at all with wages and hours they give you is not set so you might be working as hard as you can and get no where in the job and they use you or they give you literally no shifts at all
Great stepping stone, hard-work but builds character
Great stepping stone, hard-work but builds character. Good team-building culture. There is definitely room for progression and hard-work is rewarded. Customer-oriented environment aids in the development of key skills.
Fast paced, stressful and competitive
Been working there for 6 months so far, and its always stressful, whether its the complaints or the rest of the team.
Management is amazing, and full of so much positivity, yet there are some people who dont take it seriously.
Fun but stressful workplace!
It's a good place to work because of the employees, however the pay is a bit low, and if you work a bank holiday or overtime, there is no additional pay. The worst part is the area managers, when COVID-19 started to spread, it took them too long to put in safety measurements in place and they didn't care about their staff saying the phrase "profit is priority".
The chicken shop
Fast paced always something to do. Able to have banter on shifts whilst smashing out orders. Can create a winning atmosphere where you just smash chicken and low DT times out. You will never know how satisfying it is to bread up a 2 head and see it come out all yummy.
Ok to work for
Ok to work for you have to be very quick with orders.
I leaned that it not a job for me.

Mangment were ok to get on with just have learn how be to make the orders quickly and gave me help when i needed it.

Work place culture work hard and you will progress quickly.

Moest enjoyable bit of job was getting to know everyone and what the job was about.
Don't work in KFC if you have mental health problems, Especially social anxiety
A constant stream of people all the time and it's very stressful. Management is good but the customers can be very impatient. You don't have much time to think. I struggled with the job because I have social anxiety and have had previous mental health problems. Please don't take this job if you do too. Also make sure your hours are fixed. Please avoid exhausting yourself!! It's not worth it!!