Just Eat

Just Eat Employee Reviews

United Kingdom134 reviews
Featured review
Just Eat selected this as a representative review
Just Eat has been a great place to further your career. It's full of hard-working, friendly individuals who create an inspiring and lively culture here at the office headquarters. The offices look great, and there is always a 'buzz' about the place.

It is a fast-paced company, often with a lot of change but this keeps things exciting in my opinion. No day is the same!

They really do invest a lot in career development, and the perks are great too. Haven't a bad word to say about the place!
Why Am I Giving a such bad review?
well, it took them more than a month to progress the interview. and after all, that done, paid for the Thermal bag on 7th of June 2020 to this day 23rd of June still hasn't received it. had to cancel more than 8 delivery runs that were scheduled for me. earned no money but paid £50 for zego insurance with just eat and £7 for the bag. took my money and gave me nothing in back utterly disappointed. every time I call after about 1 hour of waiting for time customer service that picks up can't even speak English properly or speaking really quit that you can hear your own heartbeat trying to listen in. 3 shipment attempts failed from the warehouse so I was told. not so sure about working for them as they cannot deliver a simple bag
Pros
You feel good about helping them by paying them your money first
Cons
too much upfront money taken
As a bicycle courier for this company, I can not express enough that the pay for a delivery was ridiculously low. On top that, in order to get £45 a week i needed to do about 5 deliveries across the whole of Ashford without breaks every day for 5 days a week. Also the bag is too large for a delivery made on a bicycle.
Since you are self employed, you are your own boss. You work at your own pace. I wish the pay was slightly better as insurance will vary, also the company sometimes requires you to travel far.
The owners were never really there and we were under staff on busy days, i felt like i was under paid as i worked mostly every day and only got £40 a week
They never give name of their manager...
If such a brilliant company is making bad name for itself then the present manager is solely responsible for his Disastrous management style...

Just killing the company
Pros
Nothing at this moment from Jan 2020
Cons
Management style very discriminatory
Originally working at just eat was easy & full of opportunity, but as time went on and more drivers started to join, hour were decreased, less jobs making it less £ per hour. In 2018 i could make anywhere from £7 to as much as £18-19 in an hour after expenses, but at the end of my time i averaged £6 an hour after insurance & fuel and it was no longer viable as a full time job.
Positives aspects would be that you are in your own car, own environment can play music, call people, have friends with you, eat whenever you want , do delivery's whenever you want.
90% of the drivers work with two mobile apps at the same time. One is just Eat and the other is different company . And when the company give them an order the driver send message that his in traffic or will late but actually his is doing the delivery from other company and you have to wait for delivery (as you are free at this time).I have made £15 for two hours for that reason after paying the insurance for two hours is around £ 2, you will be left £13 by paying taxes and fuel nothing is left for you. The company has taken a lot of drivers and there is no work for everyone.
Work for just eat on Glasgow just wasting time you run just for nothing long waiting for assigned order Long waiting on restaurants for order you pay petrol and insurance and end of week after you check you make money 5£ to 6£
Per hour
not bad, good during the summer, and fairly sufficient in winter, app works well, sometimes i think jobs are given out unfairly, i'm unsure if its all done robotic-ally or if there some human involvement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Just Eat?
Throughout all takeaway shops I have worked one, one has stood out the most for me even though they do not pay me minimum wage,they have treat me with respect and it's the only place I can account on for a job. I am happy with the skills I have developed however a pay rise is needed. The people who I work with make the place a better work place.
Like so many others have said, it started well but now too many drivers and Just Eat are still advertising for more. Most days I am waiting 30 to 60 minutes between runs, so I am now looking for something else to do.
Working on Android development team was super fun as the open office and chill environment encourages everyone to communicate and share ideas. The most enjoyable part of the job was the standup over lunch where on special occasions, food would be ordered in, or the team would go to a restaurant. Management is very helpful
Having worked at JE for over 7 years I saw it change from a fun but hardworking place to work, where the management team were AMAZING, then over the past 3 years it changed to a company all about hierarchy. You have to be “liked” by the right people to succeed and progress. The benefits are good if you’re in a senior role. Sadly not a great place to work anymore!
Its good money if you put the time in. If your only doing few hours here and there, the money is ok. If you do Full time, you can live off the money. Your your own boss and if you dont want to do the order, you can just message Just Eat and tell them to give to someone else. No vehicle priority so is loads better than Deliveroo as you a free roam to what ever shift you want, so you can work whenever you want, midnight to midnight of you really wanted. All in all, good place to work
at first pay was good then dropped to almost 6£ per h cuz of the high number of drivers .management is narrow minded and there is no communication.Most people leave after a week and thos ethat last longer and try to promovate are fired fast.
fun place to work at the only problem was the wage rate for contractors, maybe full time employees are paid better. good balance of social and work coordination.
For what the job is it is amazing, work 3 or 4 hours on an evening and come out with £50+ you never drive that far because you have delivery zones which is in your local area, Help is always available on the app, Payment is every Friday
of the promised £ 120 per day is actually an average of £ 60 (if you're lucky). Insurance, Fuel and car service should be deducted from this amount..
Pros
Xx
Cons
Xx
No available shift to run.pay to lees
Just eat Partner Suport always play with driver if you happy for work 3£-5£ per hour you can start just eat long long waiting on restaurants for nothing

every month you pay near 70£ for insurance is better you try Uber eat is mor better
the workplace was ok. it felt as if you are unnoticed and replaceable.
Many days you can walk in and walk out without any human interaction. The job was straightforward and management are easy to approach.