Jurys Inn Employee Reviews

Bad place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jurys Inn Swindon24 October 2018
Bad management!! Rude management!!! Bad place to work!! Do not work in this place is very very bad!!! long hours they don't pay the overtime, no organization in reception!!
I do not recommend working at the Jurys Inn in Belfast
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 October 2018
Jurys Inn Hotel in Belfast is very unpleasant place to work.
Managers are very rude and disrespectful.
Jurys inn is full of discrimination and harassment. Especially employee from overseas are treated very badly.
High employee turnover.
I do not recommend!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work every weekend and holidays! Unless you are a family or a manager's friend.
excellent place to work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough23 September 2018
really enjoyed my time here the staff were so welcoming and a great team to work in
I enjoyed doing big events when we would all work together to ensure everything went according to plan
Great place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire28 August 2018
Carried out general bartending and waiting duties. Regular maintenance of bar and surrounding areas throughout the service, and replenishing stock to a high standard. Overseeing deliveries, stock rotation, and inventory.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
It is a nice place to work
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 August 2018
I was a cleaner at jury inn and I use to like it when I first stating there and I have seen people come and go there was some nice managers but ones then when we hand some more managers and they it when down the hill because they don't care about the staff and then treat I like rubbish and they walk all over u it is not nice to work for jury inn anymore so if I was u I won't work for them
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
And long hours
Food and beverage assistant
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire1 August 2018
a lot of students working part time so many of them Do not care about the job, or any responsibility whatsoever, they used to smoke in the back kitchen during busy shifts or use the mobile phone in front of guests, with no care for customers or any team work. they take everithing as a joke like little children, also arguing for any stupid reason.

I found myself many time serving the whole dining room alone because my young colleagues were smoking outside or using WhatsApp in the kitchen.

Very disappointed with Management because they do not care about staff or guests .
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No team work. No care for your hard work. Many young colleagues behaving like children
Terrible in the end
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 July 2018
Nice place to work but it can take it's toll.

If your placed in the restaurant, you will get no help when it's not busy and be dumped in the deep end on your ones. Then on the other hand when it's mad busy, you will get the whole team helping out.

Management don't care about staff. They only care about making money and driving a profit. Always putting customers first but it's the staff that run the whole operation. So a little consideration would go along way.

You do get rewards but only 1 person in the whole company can get employee of the month. I think it would have been better to do it by department.

Working on the bar, you do not get night allowance. Ridiculous.
So working 18:30 till 2:30am isn't easy. Say it's the start of the week, bar is dead at 12am. Not one person has come to the bar for an hour and room service finished at 22:30, be prepared to stand up all night doing nothing because they won't close the bar.
Pros
Free lunch but was the same most days, good annual leave
Cons
Long dead night night without extra pay, minimum wage
waitress
food & beverage assistant, reception (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes24 July 2018
customers service
training on tills
training on changing taps
learning different of drinks
cleaning the department
helping reception if needed
trying to keep busy
Pros
free lunch
Avoid
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 June 2018
Very unpleasant place to stay and work.
Managers are very rude and disrespectful.
The hotel is always very busy and the staff is very short.
High employee turnover.
I do not recommend.
Pros
free disgusting lunches
Cons
work every weekend
Nice environment, needs better management
Food & Beverage Team Member (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 May 2018
A typical day working in Jurys Inn can be anything from relaxed to very fast paced. I learned how to prioritize my work load and work well in a busy environment within a team. Management must be improved as there is a lack of communication currently which resulted in a a widespread feeling of frustration within my team. The culture used to be wonderful and friendly, however a recent high turnover of staff has effected this. The hardest part of this job was working around a the refurbishment that was carried out last year and dealing with changes in management and staff. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning new skills and being trusted to use my own initiative with regards to improving a guest's experience. The atmosphere is professional but casual, which allows you to really develop customer service skills.
Pros
Free meals, organised staff events, discounts.
Cons
Varied shifts, late hours.
Awful place to work
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire10 April 2018
I worked for this company for a long period of time.

The only benefits to working in this place is the people you work with, if you get along with these people.

The company are more interested in their profit margins, then those people that are doing the work.

They are happy enough to "throw people under the bus"

The wage for most senior roles are well below the average and are excepted to deal with 100 things at once. There are no thanks given to barely any member of staff. Even when your work an 12-16 hours shift covering sickness.

Amazing cover ups done when head office arrive. Be excepted to do 3 days worth of deep cleaning, and one thing wrong, except a telling off.
Pros
Cons
Wage, senior managerment, no support
hard but fun job to be at.
Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Gateshead6 February 2018
Tough, fast paced working kitchen, mainly thriving to stick to sop's (standard operating procedures). company spec throughout the hotels. menu changes every 6 months (winter and summer menu).
Typical day at work maintain date labels according to food hygiene regulations. prep for service (6pm). cleaning chores, good time management. Hardest part of the job - Having to work harder because of being understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job is you work with a good bunch of people who are friendly and outgoing/really nice view overlooking Newcastle quayside marina and the tyne river. Good company benefits £20 stay at any other jurys throughout Europe/ England. with dinner b&b included.
Pros
fair salary/company benefits
Cons
long hours / shift work / hardly have time for a break.
Good employer
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2018
Good employer, cares about its staff, good flexibility in working hours.

good management team and opportunities for progression and movement within the company
Pros
free lunch, extra break, flexible hours
Cons
expensive parking, low wages, long hours
Customer services
cleaner (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
I worked as a cleaner. I worked at the hotel for a day shift. I worked for three years. In the last year I worked in a warehouse. I am responsible, committed.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Little money
proactive
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Oxford30 November 2017
Day to day work is average but there is a lot of unfriendly staff. Comments get made about staff members by management.
Very poor at giving the right days off when asked so a lot of hassle with rotors.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably staff that you work with.
Management are very uptight don't let you and staff have a good time whilst working. Always have to be 100% professional.
Pros
discounts on rooms and use gym for free.
Cons
hours
Workplace
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire13 November 2017
The workplace was alright, the day at work was good, the procedures that were in place weren't the best at times but it worked, the facilities are excellent though.
Understaffed and disorganised
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2017
Not a place I would recommend to anyone, the management are useless. The hotel is understaffed most days, but staff are pushed beyond expectations to perform. Often leaving staff with zero breaks even though they deduct it from wages. Poor atmosphere, rude management with no people skills, low staff morale. Often expected to do more than your job requires with very little reward or gratitude. Working anything up to 10 days without a day off due to poor rota management and lack of staff. Trust me this is not a good company to work for.
Pros
Literally the wage is the only pro
Cons
Working 8-10 days straight, no breaks, short staffed, poor management
Good but not great
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby12 November 2017
Jurys can be a good company to work for, they have access to award winning training and online e-learning.

However management structures and styles vary considerably from hotel to hotel.

Although this is a small chain in comparison to the big players such as IHG, the company has some excellent values. With it's recent revamp and marketing release it seems to have lost its way a little.

Salary for many of the positions here are well below industry averages, supervisors are often paid the same if not more than assistant managers.

Head of departments are pressured to over see their own departments and reach a high number of targets whilst spending 60% of their shift time in other areas of the business.
Easy workplace
Hotel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 November 2017
This workplace was not very challenging but the shift times weren’t very good to be honest.The management was average it wasn’t the greatest or the worst.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shift time
Awful
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 November 2017
The atmosphere in the office is horrible. They will sometimes make you work like 48 hours in a week, but how they structure it is so it is legally 40 hours/ 8 days in a row. They do not train you properly. now really allowed to talk and laugh. Was there for 8 months and God knows why, only because it is weekly paid. Do not go here, as this job actually gave me depression. The managers are awful.
Pros
free lunches and weekly pay
Cons
awful management, awful training, awful atmosphere, awful hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jurys Inn. Our community is ready to answer.