Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews
Very cliquey and unprofessional management
A very cliquey culture. managers change often and have little respect for sales- thinking it is all easy. Headoffice treats you with no respect. awful
Productive and fun place to work.
Working at the Jurys Inn comes with many benefits including opportunities to grow in the business and better your career. A typical day ranged from easy working and fun environments to faced paced and hard working days.
Horrendous
Luckily I found other job soon and I wasn’t there more than 3 months but it was HORRIBLE. The time off wasn’t ever in weekends, they give to the new ones the worst rooms and they make you clean absolutely quick. And I understand that is what’s the best for the company but definitely you don’t clean the rooms okay. The manager was always smiling to your face and rude to your back and was always gossips around. Free food but in half an hour break. Minimum salary and not worth it for all the stress
Room cleaner
Treated poorly, barely given any training other than being buddied with a current employee and then expected to be perfect within days. Told off if everything is not perfect, strict time limits in a work day and given lots of room alone super quickly, very stressful.
Free meals on shift which are lovely but there is a lot of segregation at lunch time between current employee's and new starters which is super awkward.
You meet some interesting people.
It can get very busy when ManUtd are playing at home or if a concert is on in Manchester.

It's does get quite during the summer.

Most of the staff that I have worked with are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free Staff Meals
Cons
Low wage
I loved working there. The hardest part of the job it was that I had to get up early. Other Than that Great team lovely people.
I would go back any time to work there. It was like a second family for me. Was a good experience I learned a lot. I would recommend for anyone to try theirself in this job.
Could have been better
In the hospitality industry lots of people
Come and go. I was employed for a number of years yet I don’t think my pay reflected that. Management seem solely focused on individual advancements rather than the team they employed.
restaurant
i liked working at the jurly inn as i learned a lot while i was there and worked with good people, it gave me more confidence with talking to people, and understanding how to handle things in the work place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jurys Inn?
This place is a big joke, please stay away
Its a horrible place to work. No management support, no motivation. They treat you so unfairly. You can only be in safe position if you can keep the boss happy. No ethics, no morals. People work there as team supervisors are useless, unethical. Stay away from that place for your own sanity.
High turnover
High turnover of staff! When a company is continually recruiting we all know what that means... Majority of the mangers are in their early 20’s, they cannot manage let alone be a manager.
Fun but stressful at times
It was a hard first job considering I was doing full time. But I have gained experience and developed friendships. Hopefully they have changed their ways due to new management etc.
Excellent
It was an amazing experience working for Jury's. I have been working in Nottingham and then I transfer to Birmingham. In Nottingham is more cozy because is a smaller hotel and in Birmingham is very busy,never get time to get bored.There are always new challenges. I love the spirit there and they help you with everything in case you have any issue.
Not understanding supervisors
Jurys inn is horrible they are making big difference between People and race especially as the supervisors are indiam and they make difference between race like bulgarian/polish etc. people get the harder jobs and they give people from their countrys less work
Management and hr a joke
Was good at first but after 6 month's my eyes was open at how bad mangers treated staff hr did not really want to no aswell. Always low on food loads off staff cuts you would end up doing breakfast for 350 people and there would be no porter on to help so you had to do it all by yourself was a joke
Positive impression from Duty Manager and Staff destroyed by Management Team with Peopler Running Riots
Positive impression from Duty Manager and Staff destroyed by Management Team with People Running Riots , Employment By Agency and Own Issues of Supervisors created Egoistic unbalanced Environment , Far away from European Conservative Standards . Great for Rainbow Fanatics
Great first job
This was my first proper job and I loved working there. I wasn't the best employee but I was given some training and was treated fairly. The salary was great as when I started I was only 17 but was on a higher rate than the minimum wage for teenagers. There were opportunities for progression for good employees and there were benefits e.g. free meals, tea and coffee on shifts, holiday pay etc and an employee of the month scheme. On the whole it was a good place to work and gave me the customer service skills i needed for my next role elsewhere.
all staff become like family
Please see Summary review- the best this about jury's is the team you work with. they become like family due to the hours you are rota to work. the company it self generally is a good company to work for how ever as all hotels the wages are not great.
Don’t work for this company
I was with the company for just under 3 years. The team worked so hard in a kitchen that was 30 years old most of the equipment broken, fridges broken and not willing to pay the money also the air conditioning and fans in the kitchen are broken so in the summer it got to 40+ degrees in the kitchen (this is against the law but they still haven’t done anything about it, it’s still like it now).Everyone were getting sent home because they were nearly passing out. Management don’t care they just think about money not the employees. All management lie and if in the wrong they will lie through their teeth.
All jurys I have been too the staff are not happy and just spend their time complaining about the company.

They have a thing called STAY HAPPY no one is happy who works for this company it’s full of fake people, bum lickers and snakes.
Pros
Cons
All management lie to employees, also the don’t care!
Horrible
If you want to be treated like less than nothing and you want and to know what it’s like to live in a stressful, unfair and diminishing environment, I 100% recommend you to go and work at Jurysinn 😀
Fun workplace
I'm very happy to work with Jurys Inn. The job culture is nice. Management is professional and helpful. The slogan is happy to help, and we use for help for collegues.
Was good but gave me no free time
Management were awful. The hours went well into the early hours which mean't I had no free time to socialise with my friends. Had heavy strain on my relationship at the time