Jurys Inn Employee Reviews

hard but fun job to be at.
Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Gateshead6 February 2018
Tough, fast paced working kitchen, mainly thriving to stick to sop's (standard operating procedures). company spec throughout the hotels. menu changes every 6 months (winter and summer menu).
Typical day at work maintain date labels according to food hygiene regulations. prep for service (6pm). cleaning chores, good time management. Hardest part of the job - Having to work harder because of being understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job is you work with a good bunch of people who are friendly and outgoing/really nice view overlooking Newcastle quayside marina and the tyne river. Good company benefits £20 stay at any other jurys throughout Europe/ England. with dinner b&b included.
Pros
fair salary/company benefits
Cons
long hours / shift work / hardly have time for a break.
Good employer
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2018
Good employer, cares about its staff, good flexibility in working hours.

good management team and opportunities for progression and movement within the company
Pros
free lunch, extra break, flexible hours
Cons
expensive parking, low wages, long hours
Customer services
cleaner (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
I worked as a cleaner. I worked at the hotel for a day shift. I worked for three years. In the last year I worked in a warehouse. I am responsible, committed.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Little money
proactive
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Oxford30 November 2017
Day to day work is average but there is a lot of unfriendly staff. Comments get made about staff members by management.
Very poor at giving the right days off when asked so a lot of hassle with rotors.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably staff that you work with.
Management are very uptight don't let you and staff have a good time whilst working. Always have to be 100% professional.
Pros
discounts on rooms and use gym for free.
Cons
hours
Workplace
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire13 November 2017
The workplace was alright, the day at work was good, the procedures that were in place weren't the best at times but it worked, the facilities are excellent though.
Understaffed and disorganised
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2017
Not a place I would recommend to anyone, the management are useless. The hotel is understaffed most days, but staff are pushed beyond expectations to perform. Often leaving staff with zero breaks even though they deduct it from wages. Poor atmosphere, rude management with no people skills, low staff morale. Often expected to do more than your job requires with very little reward or gratitude. Working anything up to 10 days without a day off due to poor rota management and lack of staff. Trust me this is not a good company to work for.
Pros
Literally the wage is the only pro
Cons
Working 8-10 days straight, no breaks, short staffed, poor management
Good but not great
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby12 November 2017
Jurys can be a good company to work for, they have access to award winning training and online e-learning.

However management structures and styles vary considerably from hotel to hotel.

Although this is a small chain in comparison to the big players such as IHG, the company has some excellent values. With it's recent revamp and marketing release it seems to have lost its way a little.

Salary for many of the positions here are well below industry averages, supervisors are often paid the same if not more than assistant managers.

Head of departments are pressured to over see their own departments and reach a high number of targets whilst spending 60% of their shift time in other areas of the business.
Easy workplace
Hotel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 November 2017
This workplace was not very challenging but the shift times weren’t very good to be honest.The management was average it wasn’t the greatest or the worst.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shift time
Awful
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 November 2017
The atmosphere in the office is horrible. They will sometimes make you work like 48 hours in a week, but how they structure it is so it is legally 40 hours/ 8 days in a row. They do not train you properly. now really allowed to talk and laugh. Was there for 8 months and God knows why, only because it is weekly paid. Do not go here, as this job actually gave me depression. The managers are awful.
Pros
free lunches and weekly pay
Cons
awful management, awful training, awful atmosphere, awful hours
Stylish, Comfortable Hotels
Administration Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 October 2017
For the very best in comfort, style and first-rate facilities, Jurys Inn is the perfect choice. Located in the most vibrant towns and cities across the UK, Ireland and the Czech Republic, our hotels are each hand-picked for their prime position close to the country's top attractions, amenities and transport hubs.

Whether you're visiting friends, celebrating a birthday or taking a business trip, our unique hotels are near the best cultural sites, shopping districts and business centres in the UK, Ireland and the Czech Republic. So no matter how long you're staying, your trip away will be unbeatable.
Needs rethinking
Linen Porter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 October 2017
Ok to start off with.....but as any workplace do,they insist that they are looking for team players. When you do pick up on certain issues its treated as a problem and brushed aside.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No communication
nice place to work
Hotel Security (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 August 2017
i worked in Birmingham for few months as security great place to work great people,,once you new your job you was left to get on with it,,,if u needed help or advice was only a radio call away,,,everyone was really friendly my only problem was travel 4 hours round trip for work.....but as a job great place to work all staff very friendly loved it
Pros
free meals.uniform left to get on with your job..staff very friendly..
Cons
for me was the travel..
good company to wrok for
gss (Current Employee) –  middlesbrough6 July 2017
good in house training friendly management team that will help you out if you are unsure of anything From the first shift made to feel part of the team
Great co-workers shame about the bosses
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce25 June 2017
See above. The general staff are great but the higher up the chain you go the less appealing the people are to work for. Constant travelling for pointless meetings required.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Responsibility, friendship and high quality.
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, UK28 May 2017
I appreciate the wonderful atmosphere of work and the good organization of the work done. In this company I learned how to quickly, efficiently and in accordance with regulations provide services at the highest level.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, high standard, good management
Cons
Decreasing amount of work
Good Experienced gained
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 April 2017
Good experienced gained over all. I was taught a few new computer programs. Well run hotel. We were all expected to be dressed of high standard. Although I was only holding a temp position I was included in all day to day meetings as well as any Inhouse Training.
Very fun
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 April 2017
The workload within the organisation could reach a high level, although when working with the team improved the experience and provided myself with the motivation to looking forward to working at Jurys Inn.
Unfair shifts and didn't get my breaks
Food and beverage server (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear19 April 2017
I worked at the jury's inn and I was full time, they didn't let me have my dinner break. The staff didn't treat me with respect and overall it was a horrible place to work. I would recommend not to work there
Pros
Cons
Long hours and horrible staff
Hard work no money
GSS (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 April 2017
Hard work no money. Managment thinks only about money and how to save it.. dont care about costumers and staff....................................................
Not the best
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire28 March 2017
Understaffed and no possibility of enhancing your career. No idea where the chain is going as no information is ever passed on. Poor management especiallly from the top of the chain - expect to work for peanuts for the amount is put on you. Disgusting and awful place to work.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jurys Inn. Our community is ready to answer.