Jupiter Hotels Limited

Jupiter Hotels Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
Front of house
Enjoyed working nights .and the meeting of new people .wanted to learn more but hotel had lack of staff so got left behind in the dark . Would go back there if offered new role
Dont work here
My time working at this hotel has been one to remember, for all the bad reasons. The only thing positive I can take from this job is some people I worked with were nice.
Here are just some examples of my time working at this horrendous place.

Firstly, there’s no real interview process, I got told over the phone to go in with my passport and bank details for a chat. The talk lasted 5 minutes and the manager gave me the job straight away, he took my birth certificate and my bank details and scanned them and that was it.

I found this odd because I was used to employers getting back in touch with me if I got the job, and even having a trial shift before getting the job.

The hotel itself is located in the middle of nowhere, it looks outdated and it smells like old furniture.

I said to the manager I could start on the Saturday, but he was calling me up everyday before Saturday asking if I could start earlier even though I told him I was away until Saturday. So that was the first point I realised he doesn’t listen.

Once I started on Saturday, the manager wasn’t working, the duty manager on shift didn’t know where to put me and it was a mess and unplanned. I was then introduced to somebody on the bar who trained me up, he was a nice guy.

The cleanliness of the bar was disgusting, the dishwasher never gets cleaned, neither does the glass shelves and it was all sticky! When I voiced this to the manager he told me that the bar has been neglected and the bar team have done nothing to clean it, I was surprised he knew and was so calm about it and did not really care.

The manager
 - more...
Always interesting!
I enjoy working at the Mercure Leeds Parkway Hotel - I have a great team in the Sales office and we are all supportive of each other. Our manager is great, always supportive but pushes us to be the best we can. Each day is different as I get to interact with lots of different people. I would definitely recommend working here!
Exciting and Interesting
I love my job as you never know what to expect and what kind of people you are going to meet. It becomes very rewarding. I work with a fantastic team and the management is excellent.
Team Work
Provides good development opportunities and there are some fantastic people who work for the hotel and the wider company, who are both supportive and fun to work with. This hotel has gone through a number of changes in recent months with a huge turnover in the team particularly departmental managers, who frankly needed to go, they were demotivated and lazy and not willing to take ownership of their departments, expecting others to pick this up. There is new Management team in place and I have to say they are an absolute pleasure to work alongside, the morale of the team in improving by the day and the collaborative way in which they are working has been amazing to see.
A place for development and excellence
They really challenge you to be at your very best but are also supportive.

A good induction process where I felt comfortable and had a clear idea of what was expected of me.

A brilliant line manager who expects a lot from you but who I can turn to when needed

I love it here!
Pros
Great environment with super people
Cons
Hard work always busy
Worst place ever
Stay away!!!
The worst managed placed I've ever seen.

Hotel is crumbling down, GM cares more about decoration than actually running the place.

Gossip mill. No budget, no team building, no benefits whatsoever.

Guests complain nonstop and rightfully so.

Dirty and dilapidated
Mecure hotel
Hate the place I wouldn’t even let my dog work at the place it’s a disgrace! The management of the hotel it’s unbelievable needs shutting down!!!!! The people are rude the staff are rude on the house keeping department they don’t don’t provide lunch or drinks it’s disgusting!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jupiter Hotels Limited?
Avoid
Terrible place to work, no training given, health and safety is non existent. Used to love staying at this particular hotel but will never go again after my short lived experience working there!
intresting, dynamic work environment.
I learnt a lot and the job requires a lot of flexibility. I worked mostly in the restaurant and bar, but would often do room service or general event work when i could
Lack of training
Favouritism and rumours are constantly being thrown around the work place. You are always doing the same things at work, especially if you aren't experienced enough and it doesn't help they won't train you to do something meaning you are doing the same things day in and day out. They sometimes let you away with food and drinks.
Once general manager changed everything went downhill
New management = disgusting behaviour the first year was great good team good rotas f n b manager really took care of the staff. As soon as new general manager started she was not good no home life balance only for herself. No incentives were paid she told managers just get on with it and don't bring problems to my door. No back up , until they sack her don't bother!!
Worst Job
I worked at Jupiter hotels for just shy of a year and it started off great, then management started to slack and all the staff couldn’t even do there jobs.
Stressful to say the least!

Management did not care about any difficulties or anything employees were facing within the workplace just that they made money.

Management spoke to staff with complete and utter disrespect
Stressful
under staffed quite a lot . Hard to get time off if your face doesn’t not fit you end up with all the rubbish shifts . Never get weekends off unless you’re face fits or you’ll have to put holidays in just to get a weekend off . You can request for it off but again if your face doesn’t fit 9x out of 10 you will get it declined . They lost a lot of fantastic staff over the years due to bad management .
Pros
Cons
Long shift poor pay
Chronic Understaffing
This job is chronically understaffed, to the worst extent I have seen in the area. Forever promising that they will get more staff.
Zero communication with management or feeling supported in your job role.

A simple waitressing job it appears but ends up including sometimes serving up to 90 (happened to me on more than one occasion) yourself for breakfasts. Doing functions, room service, bar work and setting up and clearing functions a lot of the time yourself.

Workplace morale is very poor, all of the new starts that started after me quit after a week or two.

Wouldn't recommend.
Horrible place to work in
Total chaos at every level whereby management is totally on a different script from its staff and a lot of unprofessional attitudes and mismanagement...
Too many hours, not enough pay and ZERO appreciation
I was a leisure attend for 5 months, on a 37.5 hours contract. but ended up working 50+ hours PLUS overtime.

did not get 1 thank you from any management, they put the good hard workers down, and the useless people up.
Great team
Enjoy the job and the people. Management are visible, helpful and supportive.

Some days can be tough when the Hotel is busy, but generally we all pull together.

Opportunities to work across different departments to help out, cleaning rooms, bar, parties, meetings etc, a bonus when you need extra money!

Offers training, apprenticeships, development, etc.
Pros
free parking, free staff food, discounts on Hotel stays, holidays, incentives
The worst company to work for / a money obsessed company !!!
Honestly, if you want genuine work/life balance and a rewarding career, AVOID these guys. Maybe I just got unlucky, but literally worst Company I've ever worked for!
They show 0 appreciation for ANYTHING you do and will not get a “Thank you”, there is not a “TQ” vision at all from the top managers to the hotel level .

Shelfish management , unhonest , unprofessional, uninspiring. “LEADING BY EXAMPLE” - none of them has been trained that way ... they r just make u feel awfull to work for them or just to put them on ur reference !

A few things u need to know b4 u wanna go there :

1.SLAVE LABOUR / UNREALISTIC MARGINS !!!!

2.NO WORK LIFE BALANCE

3. ALWAYS CUTTING HOURS , OTHER MANAGERS HAVE ACCESS TO UR ROTAS AND CAN CUT AND CHANGE THE HOURSE WITHOUT NOTICE.

4.40hrs CONTRACT BUT U’LL DO ABOUT 65(free of charge)

5.ALWAYS UNDER STAFF

6. NO DEVELOPMENT , IN HOUSE OR OUTSIDE
Pros
its hard to find one
Cons
long hours, management, pay, morals, no support and lied to about bonus and much more
Mercure York
Great team and a lot of longevity. A family atmosphere were everyone wants to work together to achieve success. Hard work at times but nice rewards at random times.
Pros
Meals on duty, free parking, discounts in hotels
All started off well
To be fair it was a mess when I got there. The management were great till things had to get thought. One member of the team should have been put through a disciplinary but just kept getting spoken to. One was seen on CCTV stealing money but was still there. Not a good place to work and has made me never want to work in hotels again
Pros
Cheap staff brreaks
Cons
Pretty much everything
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jupiter Hotels Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4