Junior Jam

Junior Jam Employee Reviews for Sports Coach

I have been working at Junior Jam for almost 12 months now , I am a Sports Coach based in a Primary School in Newcastle where I deliver PE and after school sports clubs.The equipment provided is fantastic and allows you to deliver a range of sports , improving the pupil’s experience of PE and School Sport. Everything is made easy with staff app available on your personal device which provides access to lesson plans and curriculum links , with flexibility to tweak the sessions to suit the participants ensuring the Learning Objectives are met.Being one or the only member based in The North East I do sometimes feel a little isolated as I don’t really know any of the other sports coaches etc, however I am always kept in the loop from management regarding updates , training etc so this is good. I do think this has forced me to take the responsibility of forming a closer relationship with my school and taking more ownership in my job role which I have enjoyed.It would be nice in the near future to receive an appraisal or have somebody assess my work during a lesson in order to gain feedback and improve in my job role , as well hopefully leading to pay rises, promotion etc in the future. Overall I would definitely recommend working with Junior Jam in what has been a rewarding experience.
I’m a sports coach. I generally teach sports like football, cricket, boxercise, athletics, basketball and dodgeball. I’ve been at Junior Jam for around 4 years give or take a couple of months. I love working at the schools I’m at. It’s strange, as just before I started the job I thought I’d like working with the most talented kids, However the most rewarding part is seeing a child with no confidence or struggling to make friends and seeing them through sport, their confidence grow or them make friendships and as a result become happier. It’s a feeling money can’t buy. The training is generally good, you get to attend sessions ran by other coaches. So you can see how they go about it and pick up ideas, coaching techniques, discipline procedures etc... Also most coaches let you run part of a session, so you can get a taste of what it will be like when you are running the sessions yourself. The session plans are more than decent in theory but as schools have different facilities, children of the same age having differing abilities at different schools and the Equipment and support is fantastic, anybody working for Junior Jam will have no complaints in this department. I would say working for Junior Jam at different school has been my most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever had. I regularly come away from sessions thinking I’m getting paid to have fun. I’d most definitely recommend working for Junior Jam. You get a good hourly rate to do a rewarding job.
Pros
Good pay for enjoyable job
Cons
Teaching pet outside in winter