Junior Jam

Junior Jam Employee Reviews for Sports Coach

Found 1 review matching the search
I’m a sports coach. I generally teach sports like football, cricket, boxercise, athletics, basketball and dodgeball. I’ve been at Junior Jam for around 4 years give or take a couple of months. I love working at the schools I’m at. It’s strange, as just before I started the job I thought I’d like working with the most talented kids, However the most rewarding part is seeing a child with no confidence or struggling to make friends and seeing them through sport, their confidence grow or them make friendships and as a result become happier. It’s a feeling money can’t buy. The training is generally good, you get to attend sessions ran by other coaches. So you can see how they go about it and pick up ideas, coaching techniques, discipline procedures etc... Also most coaches let you run part of a session, so you can get a taste of what it will be like when you are running the sessions yourself. The session plans are more than decent in theory but as schools have different facilities, children of the same age having differing abilities at different schools and the Equipment and support is fantastic, anybody working for Junior Jam will have no complaints in this department. I would say working for Junior Jam at different school has been my most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever had. I regularly come away from sessions thinking I’m getting paid to have fun. I’d most definitely recommend working for Junior Jam. You get a good hourly rate to do a rewarding job.
Pros
Good pay for enjoyable job
Cons
Teaching pet outside in winter