Jungheinrich

Jungheinrich Employee Reviews

An inclusive company with many possibilities for further advancement it is a company looking to strive to make a difference in the logistics industry a world leader in its field.
very long hours expected, management have a "just do as your told. Atitude"". Very Germanic in its relations with engineers, no benefits, poor tools provision training not in depth enough, just skims across the top.very likely to change things just for sake of it
Pros
Cons
long hours (basic 45 hour week)
Training is a joke. Backstabbers abound. Management encouraged to bully engineers to conform. No upper management support for middle management. Most of whom have no experience doing the role they manage
Pros
One day you will leave
Cons
All of them
A varied degree of job satisfaction with this employer depending on your location,Job advancement within is difficult again dependant on location and who you know. Not a company that recognise and reward ingenuity or out of the box thinking so if thats your talent, probably think long and hard about applying. If you feel you can adjust to following the set way and zero deviation this company is a good fit for you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with poor management and seeing it continue daily without any words of wisdom from senior management.
Cons
"not great" middle management
It was a great place to work but the last three years have been awful. Senior management totally deluded, staff moral at all time low. You have to do everything 3 times, i.e start work on a hopeless app, log on laptop and tracker. You have to work 45 hours but get paid 40 ( must give 1\2 morning and evening travel for free ) Poor training with no progression if your so way inclined. Money saving in a penny wise pound foolish mentality by management. Make this job at this company your very last choice.
If Jungheinrich have the only fork lift engineer job in the world available, you may wish to consider working for them, however the management are very much of the bully boy approach based on my experience. HR are aware of this but only have the managers' interests at heart. There is a long list of targets for you to achieve which your manager earns a bonus from (but you do not). You will be micro-managed via apps, a vehicle tracker etc. Morale amongst engineers is very low. The company are signed up to 'Investors in People' but this is a tick box exercise and there is nothing in this to benefit you. There is no opportunity to progress for the vast majority of field engineers so your pay will remain at the same level for the duration of your career. Conditions at customer sites are generally appalling in terms of health and safety and there is no interest in addressing this by the company. Another drawback of this particular company is that they deliver your parts to your van at your home address in the early hours of the morning, so pre-warn your neighbours and family that they will be woken up 5 nights of the week.
If you like playing on a laptop this is the company for you . There is a list as long as your arm of targets to which there is no incentive to achieve other than being bullied out if you come no where near so be warned . Many engineers are put off the trade for life when leaving so make your own conclusion . 45hr basic week for engineers .keep your opinions to yourself never say no never call HR or bother your manager and you'll be fine
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Very little support plus poor management
Lots of back stabbing between engineers Training all miles away in Warrington and training not very good. No ownership of an area. Overtime saved for longer serving engineers.
I was employed by this mob for 9 months and was let go because they could not be bothered to train me properly, they are a very cleaky company and if your face does not fit then it never will, they spent thousands of pounds on product training and nothing on doing the job training !! I busted a gut on the phone and in the field but with no manager in scotland i was always going to fail. If anyone wants to be an area manager in scotland then make sure you have industry experience or you wont last long Managment and h.r are a disgrace and im surprised there aren't more tribunals against them
Pros
Product training is good
Cons
Too many to mention but upper Managment and h.r are a joke
Training is ok but you are on your own with very little backup management need a good shakeup as they are to customer focused and the engineering team are made to feel pushed out you buy in to the family environment from the beginning whitch is good but soon realise your manager is the bullying big brother you never wonted which is a shame
Pros
Good training
Cons
I was a loyal and hardworking employee at Jungheinrich for almost 20 years until February 2018 until after over 1000 entries on my timesheet over 3 months I made 4 genuine mistakes ( that's less than 0.4% and anyone with half a brain and the ability to use a crayon could see they were genuine) I was sacked for allegedly trying to defraud the company of money . i even had to take my dismissal letter to job interviews because no one would believe how appalingly i had been treated. I am really surprised that Jungheinrich actually encourage middle management to treat their staff this way just to boost their own ego's. Everyone i worked with up to area management level were a fantastic bunch of people but anybody above that you really needed to watch your . To add insult to injury almost £400 pounds worth of my personal possessions went missing ( and they had a check to call me a thief)
Pros
great bunch of people
Cons
middle/upper management
The diverse range means you are working on different kit each job, so it keeps a high interest factor. Like all field service roles the travel can be a bit demanding but the technical training and the support from the instructors was excellent.
Cons
Long hours, pay was not fantastic
Send you away for 12 weeks training then send you out on your own expecting you to know everything. All about targets and company profit. Dirty horrible work no one else wants to do ..
Pros
Tools and van
Cons
Long hours and very dirty work
a standard working day was always full of challenges with the availability to further your career, full training was provided from day one where everyone has to complete their 3 week engineer development training programmer
Pros
company van supplied
Cons
training held at miltonkeynes
You start off working for the company. Then away from home a week to two weeks at a time 12 weeks in total training. Then get shoved out on your own. They expect you to know everything quickly, especially the laptop side of things. A lot of back stabbing colleagues work there who are the first to moan about you to the manager. Instead of being a man and talking to you first about it. I would steer clear. You’re just a number to this company!
Pros
Company van and tools
Cons
Dirty work environments and dodgy managers
Mainly servicing to a schedule. good learning curve for future jobs. management average. workplace can be different warehouses. some heavy lifting involved. working with customers.
Pros
get to meet lots of people
Cons
long hours and very dirty work conditions
Used to be great place to work but somehow turned to the worst in less than 8 months money not good either. Seems if you start work for them you have more rights than lads who have been there for years
Pros
organize your own day, tool supplies was good
Cons
management total doss, no chance off own opinions
As a forklift engineer I played an important role in repairing and maintaining electrical and Propane industrial forklift trucks. My main responsibilities included; Repairing and maintaining vehicle and forklift records, repairing, modifying and replacing vehicles according to defects or malfunction, periodical forklift inspections and regular preventive maintenance. I also have to handle responsibilities of adhering to and standardising my working environment by strictly complying with legal health and safety rules and regulations. The most enjoyable part of my role was that every day I came across a different challenge, which as given me the confidence and knowledge to overcome majority of problems I have come across.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Lack of communication
my day consists of servicing and repairing forklift trucks. when I start their are usually breakdowns which I attend to, these breakdown can be mechanical, electrical, hydraulics ect... once breakdowns are repaired I then start servicing the outstanding trucks. I work alongside three engineers.
Pros
my team i work with
Cons
managment and salary
Having worked for the company fo 33 years mostly in management positions, they were on occasions rewarding but busy. Providing the employee worked well and hard the company paid well
Pros
end of year bonus, s
Cons
long hours and in most of my positions lots of travelling