Julian House

Julian House Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
The establishment has very lovely staff and can be very supportive.
Unfortunately, it can either be very slow paced or very fast pace, no in between.

It can be slightly unfair when people whom have been there for longer get trusted more than people who have been there less time than them
Pros
Great CEO, Good work environment and ethic, good people
Cons
Can be slow paced and unsure on hierarchy
The team i worked in was both supportive of one another and effective in service delivery. It seemed to me most local teams for the organisation operate in a similar way -making a working day mostly positive
The organisation is guilty of expanding too quickly without the Senior Management skill base needed to do so. Reflected in the low salaries and lack of appropriate support from Senior Management for operational staff. The organisation is at 'half done' stage in its expansion -and playing catch up with itself .

Supporting the clients to make informed choices rewarding and mostly outweighs the current negative impact of the headless chicken attitude from Senior Management
Fantastic supportive team with lots of guidance, training and opportunities for development. Flexible working environment with opportunities for working from home.

Challenging yet rewarding client group which provides unique opportunity to contribute towards safer communities for all. All in all very creative and satisfying work with excellent Line Management and team support
The staff in Julian House worked hard to ensure the outcomes were met. It had grown a lot in three years the lack of a clear vision had placed pressure on the team. I wish them every success as the work they do is very much required.
I was offered a relief style contact with Julian house, to which I never heard from them again. I also know the person they hired for the job I interviewed for, who didnt get the salary or hours offered on the job description. I fully support JH and their work, hopefuly this is just the case for my local hub.
I really good place to volunteer. The staff were really friendly and helpful which made by experience here a really good one. I would recommend volunteering or working there.
Service manager is flaky and inconsistent and is easily manipulated by some staff, a real yes man. No chain of command and team leaders constantly get undermined by senior staff.
Pros
Working in the community
Cons
I would recommend volunteering here, lovely staff, fairly busy area in Bath so you're always doing something. Working in a charity like this will only benefit you :)
Pros
Brilliant Manager
I really enjoyed working for Julian House we have such a good team in Weymouth and miss my job there every day.
Team dynamics are awesome and the job is very rewarding especially when people get housed or they have a break through of some kind.
Pros
Good hours, good team
Cons
On my first day, the manager was very cheerful and introduced me to the Finance Team. I can say that Julian House is the most friendly people that I have worked with. My line manager was really helpful and very supportive during my temporary role.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough working space
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Julian House?
Working on an EPOS till system, customer service role, use email, manage the shop floor, change displays, cash handling

Learned to greet customers, help manage other volunteers
Pros
20% discount on all items
Cons
long day
Julian House makes volunteers feel welcome.

We are not only a part of a team, but a supportive group of friends, ready to help each another.

During my volunteering I learned many things in retailing and customer service.

It is a marvellous chance for people who want to have an experience as sales assistant.
I used to plan meals,shop on a budget cook and serve food.i learnt about cooking for different cultures.eg vegetarians,allergys.i learnt about stock rotation and portion control.
Pros
helping people
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Julian House. Our community is ready to answer.
Julian House Reviews by Location