Play YouTube video button
JRL Group

JRL Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
JRL Group selected this as a representative review
One of the best places I've ever worked
I formally worked for the JRL Group for 2 years within the H&S department before progressing into their Training & Development team.
I was brought on at grass roots level as it was my first job, I was allocated a mentor who nurtured & developed me before suggesting I apply for the T&D role for organic progression.

The Group on a whole is a great place to work, the people are so friendly and helpful and the senior managers are very keen to promote from within where they can. It's an environment where you must be flexible within your role & was quite challenging at times however being thrown in the deep end was the best way to learn for me.

I would highly recommend the Group and would consider re joining the business in the future should a suitable role arise.
Pros
Clear career path, newly refurbished gym, do a lot of a charity work
Cons
Long hours (but worth it)
discrimination and rasicm is the most at JRL and Midgard
I have face real discrimination and rasicm at work for first time at this level in my life in UK as a coliured British National. I worked hard while other English guy who was my assistant and didnt have any education or experience been promoted and given him full support to be in charge of site as site contract engineer.

We have to fight against discrimination and rasicm at work and I wont forgive and anytimes at any ages in my life if I get the best chance I will retaliate as faced such discriminations and rasicm at work.

I am telling those employing and promoting people at JRL and Midgard you cannot get someone with experience and UK qualification engineering degree doing the job and working hard waiting for company to promoting him but in return they use the credit of hard working person to promote a person white experience and qualification and supporting him only because he was English.

I have life same as every other people and what this people doing at work place is not less than genocide as its killing people in discrimination and rasicim.

Recruiter at JRL are those who must make sure they are fighting against discrimination and rasicm at work and having requirement for job titles not to backing and supporting individual because of his/her race

Let name and call the person who are behind the discriminations to let John reddington find out and act against it otherwise they are in charge at JRL and Midgard promoting people based on their personal interest and view
Xn

No travel expenses

Unpaid days of work

Disaster
Dirty
Is one of the worst place iv worked in. The guy that runs it all actually thinks he's a god of some kind iv never seen anything quite like it and yes I mean it. Not a welcoming place.
Culture is nice but work load is immense
When I started the culture was nice, with the introduction of management and re structuring I feel the culture has changed slightly.

The people are nice to work along, good perks of gym and free coffee bar, good work outings.

No HR so employees don't feel heard, they feel they are not appreciated, it not just me several people there felt de-motivated with new qualified staff coming in and less opportunities for progression for existing staff.

Overall I learnt a lot and appreciated to opportunity to work for such a company. There was an immense workload when i was working here with then some processes where implemented just before i left.

The management/ managers can do with more training on proper management they are highly skilled but some lack management of people skill. Hardest part of the job was working over the hours contracted hours 45 but most weeks I used to work 60 to 70 hours just to finish work that was required. I felt as through there was no work and life balance.

Most enjoyable part is the people in the business and the culture as well as the benefits of 24 hour access and gym, coffee and employee outings.
Engineer
good company, hard work but solid team. They have a plan and focus on getting the job done with a good team to support you. Working here over 4 years and have seen the company grow from 200 people to 1000+
Excellent
Worked for JRL for just over two years, seen huge progession in job role & salary. Great people to work with and always a good work night out!
I have had two firiends join the group while ive been here and both have not regretted it.

As far as ive seen everything from safety to enviromental awareness is taken seriously and always new ideas being implamented to improve.
Pros
Salary/Progression/Benefit package
Cons
Yet to experience any
Good company, great people!
I worked in JRL Group for 4 years, would still be there if I didn't have to move home! I worked in the Environmental team and I loved it! The days are busy but it's worth it as you learn so much and can quickly progress in your role. They trust you to get the work done.

Good site teams and nice offices, there's a gym in the office which we could use for free which is always a plus! There is always something going on, team bonding, cycling events or charity hikes etc. so it's a great company if you like getting involved in that sort of thing or if you are an active person.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
The only con was that I had to leave
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JRL Group?
Good outfit
They paid me well and gave me plenty of opportunity to show what I could do. I left in the end as the travelling became too much.
Hopefully they will get some work further north in the future so I can go back
Pros
Challenging and pay well
Excellent Career Progression
The Group on a whole is a great place to work, the people are friendly and helpful and the senior managers are very keen to promote from within where they can.

I began working with JRL with no previous experience in Construction Health & Safety, I was taken on as a H&S Advisor and trained on the job. Following hard work and commitment, I was promoted to H&S Manager within 2.5 years.

The company organises excellent team bonding events and charity events for employees to attend. There is a gym in the head office and yoga classes available to the office staff. There is currently an in house barista with a new canteen serving hot food being constructed.
Plant operator
No health and safety, drama all day long. No respect for workers, no management, everyone is moaning, no English speakers.
Pros
Glad is finished
Cons
Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing
Run by people that are blagging there way threw
Thinking they know everything when they no nothing and then get managers job

WHAT A JOKE

KEEP WELL AWAY

Core set of people on good money rest on little
Pros
Cons
Long hrs no home life
Never seen anything like it
I formally use to drive excavators , 8 years ago worked my way up to a site manager , after 8 years I thought I will get a job as an excavator driver just to relax for a couple of month , so I joined JRL , what really struck me the most was safety I mean is nonexistent and worksman not appreciated at all ; black hats on site I mean for real I will not have them in any of my jobs but I guess JRL is match for them ,
welfare the dirtiest u ever seen not really suitable for people to use ,

I mean I can write a book about JRL
Pros
Some good people on site then again there nothing to do with JRL they same like u and I
Cons
It is what it is not a career
Some good guys to work with, constant balls up with the wages, materials never ordered until it's too late, to say you could cut the atmosphere with a knife is an understatement as it's a thick haze of weld, galvanised steel and diesel fumes all indoors with no extractors or air fed masks. Everyone is either in the way of each other or they're always fighting over the forklift.
Pros
Some good lads and a decent amount of autonomy.
Cons
Inadequate ventilation
Great pay for drivers, long days though.
Good pay for drivers, office staff try to give you work you like. Trucks being updated regularly and nothing too old. Mostly working in London. Weekend working optional.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
You are just a number!
No heath and safety, the sites facilities are so dirty they are locked as no one uses them as they are never cleaned.You are spoken to like dirt. Avoid, go somewhere where they appreciate good workers, and talk to you with respect.