JPI Media

JPI Media Employee Reviews

Worked for JPI Media/JPress for 20 years in a varitey of sales management roles. Learnt how to work to strict deadlines and across a variety of new product launches. Had to adapt to the shift from print to online and manage a team through constant change.
Pros
The people!
Cons
Declining industry
A lot of great people working hard to maintain high standards and deliver great results for customers. Higher management and the board are now moving more towards cost saving then maintaining these standards.
Pros
Fantastic trusted brands & some great people
Cons
Higher management detached from the salespeople
Very positive and happy place to work with great people who have became friends for life, Tough job but very rewarding when targets are achieved. Overall highly recommend
Managers are fair and always strive to help you improve. The job is fairly complex so the company don't expect you to be perfect and with this they give you all the tools you need to advance. It is an amazing place to work if you want to be celebrated for your efforts with promotions and small gestures of appreciation eg, team meals out for hitting team targets. I haven't been within the company long but they have already shown a caring and progressive attitude towards all their hard working staff.
Unstable company with massive job cuts every year. Revenues in constant decline and titles closing. Morale amongst staff is very low and constant change to cut costs, currently up for sale.
very fast paced target driven environment lower management very supportive senior management make decisions constant battles over customers for field sales reps targets are at a stretch so lots of hard work required great team of people on the ground who work hard and have a good work ethic
Toxic environment, underpaid and overworked and lied to. The staff there are constantly botching and so are the managers. Extremely unprofessional and rude
JPI media was a great job overall however the messages from the upper management team changes on a weekly basis and you are often expected to work towards a kip or sell a product only for it to change and not matter suddenly
Company is run by money-hungry people who will sabotage you at any possible opportunity. Jobs are routinely cut short and staff are let go without much warning.
But for the fact I was made redundant, I would still work there today.I enjoyed most of the time I was there. I enjoyed meeting a lot of different people everyday and visiting places of interest on a regular basis.
Pros
Start time 9am
Cons
Could be called out at anytime.
Lots of support available for new starters and a great job culture with support from everyone along with great hands on management and skill teaching as well as one on one coaching.
Printing newspapers such as the Times and Guardian I am responsible for making sure the dispatch area is run in an efficient manner. Labels for papers have to go to the correct designated areas and I am responsible for loading the lorries. If papers are not accounted for I would be held responsible.