Joules Limited

Joules Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
At joules you feel like part of the family. The perks of working there are great, and the day to day job is enjoyable. More training courses would be beneficial, but some in house training is given.
Joules is a good company but they should care a bit more for the people working for them . in special if you’re working with the agency, now I am staying home because of the Coronavirus and level of work , but nobody is paying me or give me different opportunity . People with the full time , they continue working.
Working at Joules was definitely different to any retail job I have had experience with before. One should definitely look to have a personal investment in the company message and ideals before deciding to work here as staff are expected to heavily represent these ideals when on the job and in daily life to some degree. I can recommend them as a workplace positively due to very adequate training and feedback offered regularly and a positive and encouraging working environment. They offer extremely competitive staff discounts and benefits on product and in-store events are fun and encourage enthusiasm.
Lovely environment, attitude and people to work with. I would normally look after the clothes and greet customers as they come into the store, they would be planet to talk to. My shift would normally be 6-8 hours long which I enjoyed doing.
It's my third week since starting at joules.. The training I've received is out of this world! It's so in depth that you can't go wrong! Ive never had experience in retail.. Everyone is so nice! You really get looked after!
From the moment I stepped in the door at Joules I felt valued, superb staff so friendly and genuine. I never felt pressured or demeened with learning the ropes as a new employee, training was simplistic but thorough and encouraging. I enjoyed every minute of it & the management team were amazing, dynamic & efficient with the running of the store.
Joules has an mazing benefits for their staff.
Great culture and fun to work.

Joules are looking after their people, helping to advance and grow as a professional
Typical agency job, no guarantees with work. Not a bad place to work in but you will be dropped at a moments notice soon as your not needed. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No security, bad management.
Joules is an incredible place to work.
Work hard and your team will be rewarded.

The Joules team is like a family, the customers, the staff and head office are all different branches of a family that I have grown to love.

Great style, colours and prints
Pros
Great discounts, rewards from manager and sometimes CEO for hard work include things like chocolates.
Cons
unpredicatable hours. a lot of work on your feet.
Working with Joules was enjoyable, as an employee, you are part of a team. Each day, you interchange between the sections of the shop floor, learning and developing new skills such as customer assistance, till management, stock checks etc. This job required working in a fast paced and most times, busy environment, where sometimes multi-tasking and time managing was imperative.
A friendly and interactive working environment focused on customer service and productivity with flexibility to work across all departments (mens, womens and kids) thus developing new skills every day. Co-workers were extremely approachable and all employees were keen to help each other and therefore get the best out of each other. Working here just as a sales assistant provided me with visual merchandising experience, an ability to talk to customers with ease, organisational skills, till and money handling experience.
Pros
Excellent hourly rate of pay, a big discount on store product, Employee Bonus's based on store's success during sales or special promotion events, lovely co-workers and an all round comfortable shop to work in.
Cons
No overtime for bank holidays
I loved working for this company for almost 3 years. I met some lovely people and I am sad to have left. I would reccomend to anyone as it was a lovely experience.
Pros
Insentives, people
busy, fast paced environment. Especially over the christmas period, this did make my time at work go very quickly and I felt very at ease within the company.
I enjoyed every part of my time at Joules, the only thing that lead me to leave was the poor salary.
The discount is fantastic and so is the uniform allowance.

I had a great manager who supported me and encouraged me to grow
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Poor Salary
Joules is generally speaking a nice company to work for with good people. They do however make some decisions blindly due to lack of process and poor structures. Need to push marketing forward to avoid being left behind by competitors.
I loved working at joules as it was a friendly environment and everyone worked as a team. The hours were very flexible and there was always extra hours up for offer!
Pros
Good Insentives, Good Pay, Friendly Environment
Cons
I had to leave for uni:(
The workplace at Joules was an incredibly busy environment which required hard work and great organisational skills. Being responsible for your work load and time management was essential.
Joules is a good company to work for, I myself have been allowed to progress from a Sales Assistant to Supervisor to an Assistant Manager within the shows department. It is a fun place to work and each and every show is different with new challenges.I have learnt many new skills such as customer service, time keeping, working in a variety of environments, managerial, admin and so many more. The hardest part of the job is being away for the majority of the summer months when the show season is on however the team you work with make it as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Expenses are covered and good company benefits
Cons
Long days and hours and sometimes even weeks working away
My typical day at work started at 8.30am with opening both stores, counting the till floats and welcoming the other staff members into store.
Our largest store was situated in a prominent position in the town so customers flowed in from around 9am to start purchasing.

The day continued with going through staff rotas with team members, changing displays in store and in the window, checking the other members in our smaller store and moving staff members around.

The smaller store contained the stock room, so day to day we created a re-plen list to restock items we had sold in both stores, also items we might of sold from the window.

The hardest part of the job was probably altercations with disappointed or upset customers, but this can also be the most enjoyable part, when you resolve an issue with a customer and they walk away a lot happier, its a good days work.
Pros
Uniform and staff discount
hardest part of the job is that it is very fast paced and high on compliance. Discount is good and uniform is free
an amazing company to work for the staff are all engaging and interested in what they are doing. the skills which have been provided by the company will allow me to progress further in my intended career path