JoJo Maman Bébé Employee Reviews

Small Company with nice working environment
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  London26 May 2016
A nice place to start career but very little career progression and job flexibility if you do not have children. Many younger employers leave to gain better pay, better career progression options and fairer flexibility. Unfortunately not a place that promotes a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
No flexibilty
productive fast paced friendly work envirmoent
Tunbridge wells Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  tunbridge wells7 January 2016
overall really enjoyed working there. exellent management good chance to gain team building skills and one on one customer service skills would deffinatley work there again if they had more hours and the pay was slightly higher for the work you had to put in while being there.
Pros
commison based enviroment
Cons
wasnt very busy during non sale times
Fun and rewarding place to work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2015
Probably one of the more enjoyable retail jobs that I have had.

Jojo is a nice company to work for- every single one of my colleagues were lovely!

Lots of opportunities to advance within the company- excellent training from the start and they listen to your interests and help you to pursue them.

Excellent training days too- something thats rare in retail- attended a lovely maternity products training day- fully paid and with free products.

Only downside is the pay- £6.50 is not enough for assistants who are expected to learn so much- we become experts in maternity and baby products and I think our pay should match this.
Pros
Lovely colleagues/ managers, great team spirit, excellent training, fair rotas, change to move up in the company
Cons
Pay is not fantastic
Best company ive worked for!
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, ENG10 August 2015
The company although small in the grand scheme of things is the most excellent I have worked for. Very supportive, management are understanding, progression opportunities are available, friendly customers and exciting!
I progressed to do more managerial duties such as merchandising, opening and closing of the store and ordering stock.
Loved it!
Pros
Great customers, great products, not very stressful, enjoyable work.
Cons
Can be boring if store is empty
Productive, highly motivated company, great working environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury St Edmunds20 July 2015
Working for JoJo Maman Bebe for nearly 5 years has been a great experience. JoJo Maman Bebe are committed to providing a high standard of customer service and over my 5 years I have learnt that great customer service acheives amazing results.

The main role of my job is ensuring the customer receives the best possible service, resulting in the customer leaving the store happy and satisfied. As well as serving customers I complete mail orders for customers, provide assistance with deliveries, help to train new members of staff, maintaining awareness of stock security and the Health & Safety standards within the store and assisting with in-store visual displays and standards.

Working for JoJo Maman Bebe has helped me dramatically improve my confidence. Interacting with customers on a weekly basis and the pressure of providing a great service has really pushed me to become a good Customer Advisor.
Pros
Good wage, relaxing working environment, great staff
Cons
no cons
My day
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol18 May 2015
A typical day at Jojo always starts with filling out the figures and a floor walk to see what needs to be done. Then talking to the team communicate what we need to achieve that day ie. figures, tasks etc
We have a very close team as the majority have been working together for 7 years.
I have really enjoyed working for the company, but after so long feel I need a new challenge
Pros
no late nights
Cons
weekends/bank holiday working
fun enviroment and very productive
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  london12 February 2015
-ensuring daily figures are complete and banking is done first thing in the morning.
-learning about the company values, daily figures, trading reports, stock controlling, making and answering phones calls, dealing with customer enquirers
-amazing work colleagues
-dealing with difficult customer but ensure they are happy
-the most enjoyable part for working for Jojo is that you will always have a good day at work
Good place to start a career
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newport13 October 2014
• Duties involved
o picking stock, replenishing shelves, carrying out manual stocktaking.
o packing into boxes orders for retail and wholesale customers and completing all relevant paper work for posting and despatch.
o receiving goods into the warehouse, checking despatch notes, counting stock, stock controlling and putting away to shelf.
o opening, processing and labeling all returned parcels that arrive back into the warehouse and completing all relevant paperwork and return goods to shelf.
o loading DPD pallets
Pros
nice team
Cons
wage
busy warehouse enviroment
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  warehouse newport6 May 2014
printing out the days work load for stock locations that need to be filled helping out on order picking keeping areas clean from rubbish
A fun place to work with great staff
My role in Jojo Maman Bébé is customer advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT30 March 2014
Every day is different. We get delivery 6 days a week which keeps the day busy but above all our main focus are the customers. I answer every question that they have and if we do not have a certain item we always offer an alternative. My co workers are brilliant, everyone supports each other and I love working with them all.
Some of the customers can be challenging but I take comfort in knowing that I have the support of my team.
exciting, fun, interesting
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Albans, ENG7 February 2014
great interaction with customers, till operating, cash handling, merchandising, sale preparation.
I enjoyed my time there but it was not challenging enough
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury St Edmunds13 September 2013
Opening the store, merchandising throughout the day, dealing with petty cash, training staff, serving customers, identifying sales opportunities, liaising with local businesses.
Funded my level 4 management training.
I got on very well with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was not given enough challenging tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was merchandising because I could use my creative flare.
Pros
The team I worked with
Cons
No opportunity for progression
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 June 2012
Have had a great 2 years working with this company.I have enjoyed learning so much about this business and working with some of the nicest people I've met.Will be sad to leave but time to move on.The hardest parts of the job are the customers demands but with the right training and experience it makes it easier.