JoJo Maman Bébé

JoJo Maman Bébé Management reviews

fun workplace
working at JoJo Maman Bebe was a fun experience the people there were very pleasant and welcoming, day to day was very relaxed i learned how to fit bras and learnt the basic skills of customer service, the management team were very understanding and fair.
Underpaid, poor management
Managment is poor, the work force is treated differently to office, etc bank holidays, if your face fits, bonus and pay rise laughable, won't recormend working there
Fab place
I worked in the cs centre with the most amazing people who make u feel instantly part of the jojo family. The only reason i left was due to child care issues.
A good work environment.
A very friendly place to work, helpful colleagues, great management. There is always work to do. If you are unsure of any tasks, someone will always help you.
Overall a good place to work
I have worked at JoJo for a long time now and overall I have enjoyed my time there. The company has its ups and downs the same as any other and has been through a particularly difficult year but they mostly look after staff and treat them well. Management and head office very approachable.
Pros
Good values, B corp, friendly company, worked with a good team.
Cons
Training can often be lacking but they are working on this to improve, staff often expected to just remember a lot of information
Nice environment
Management not too great. I feel like they are biased... Wouldn't want to go so far as to say racist!!!
There was a change in management during my tenure and things got really unprofessional and biased after the change
Pros
Great product libe
Cons
Lack of indepth training
Privately owned company, would expect better
Management aren't very approachable and were very unaccommodating when my request to change hours for the benefit of my family. Only worked part time and did evening shift for 2 years then wanted to change to days. Would of been happy to be flexible and work days and evenings but there was no room for manoeuvre. Staff pleasent Good work ethic, low salary's for a private owned company, big plus was the yearly bonus, if you hit certain criteria. Birthdays off and free tea coffee
Pros
Free tea coffee
Cons
Not family friendly
Avoid at all costs
Avoid this place like the plague!!! Management very unprofessional, work/life balance poor. They promise you the world and give you an atlas. Joke of a company
Pros
No pros whatever
Terrible Management
All personnel higher than supervisors, although they maybe "qualified" to do the job, they have never actually worked in a warehouse, therefore they do not know how to run one, or even how to tell the floor staff how to do their job correctly. I HONESTLY dont know how they've been in business for so long.
You have to work there to see it for yourself, but personally, don't waste your time. They're idiots.
Pros
supervisors friendly
Cons
management, dirty warehouse, terrible atmosphere, wages etc
Jojo way? I dont think so!
Used to have a great Ethos....no longer. Inexperienced top management. No support. Avoid at all costs. Clothes are not to standard rushed through and when shops pick up on shoddy workmanship quality control doesn't want to know.
Pros
Salary, team
Cons
Area managers, no ethos
Horrible place to work
Horrible place to work 4 shift changes in 8 months got no care for there staff everyone is leaving and nobody wants to be there to be honest I don't think they care aswell and it's supposed to be a family company it's a joke.
Pros
Cons
Its all bad
Sloppy
This has moved from a small high street presence to a large comoany of 85+ stores.trouble is the way they like to see themselves as a non hierarchical work life balance company is not an exact representation. Try unprofessional inexperienced senior management whof may once of been a satisfactory level of experience but unfortunately have not grown within their roles and are too inexperienced for a company this size so are sloppy and unptofessional and therefore don't know if your coming or going.
No structure and training almost non existent apart from some quite frankly patronising training modules multiple choice answer sheets you have to action .

Managers get no development whatsoever so don't expect to grow with this company.It's also very clicky oi if your face doesn't fit their 'family' and you dare to think outside the box then your a target!has to be the jojo way or no way.do they want to make money? Sometimes I wondered.there's an undercurrent of bitcheness too never felt anywhere else to this extent.

However the team I worked with were a fabulous bunch but then I recruited them.

Shame there isn't any progression for them so to make them feel like there is most CAS take on mm tasks and opening closing store so underpaid staffing for the level if responsibility they are given..don't be fooled it's helping develop you..It's just good old cheaper labour!
Pros
Lovely team in my store
Cons
Sloppy inexperienced senior management
Amazing
Great place to work. Management are all knowledgeable, friendly and approachable and encourage you to be your best. Offices are fun and the people are all lovely.
Worst
Horrible place to work if your applying for this role you will be applying for 2 til 10 just so you know as it aint in the job description the management have no clue what they are doing rather than spend money on a system that works for picking/packing they had one made in a week dirty place to work health and safety is practically non existent you try address something and management do not want to know claims to be a family buisness but some employees get no time with there family as the shift patterns are crazy sacked last supervisor for having an opinion the place is shocking money is rubbish hated my time there the place is a shambles be warned
Pros
Some staff are friendly but most are not
Cons
Money terrible management clueless hours terrible
Beautiful company
Very adorable place to work, good work load never too heavy very manageable and puts customers first, practices what they preach, but could have more stricter feedback policies.
Pros
Amazing work/ life balance
Cons
Pay could be better.
Lovely
I’ve worked in two jojo stores, one while at college and the other for a short time while I was at uni. The first store was lovely ! The team all got on really well and the management treated us all really nicely however in the second store the atmosphere wasn’t very nice and the management made most of the staff uncomfortable.
The customers are lovely and all the stock is adorable! The only downside is the limited flexibility in relation to hours and when you want to book holiday.
Pros
Good pay and a nice work environment
Cons
Not the most flexible
Not what it advertises to be
Dreadful company to work for no care towards staff no training as promised.. Management put themselves first. Any complaint you make is egnored by HR and area manager. Suppose to be a non arachicial company which is all lies. managers at times patronising
To sum it up shops been open 1 year 4 months and has lost 8 sales advisers and currently on their 3rd manager
Pros
Discount
Bad place to work
Not a good working environment, poor management skills and hr does not listen to employees views. Staff are generally good to work with, apart from that there is a lot of things that could be improved in the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long boring shifts
It is not as it used to be
I had to live the company because of luck of support and good training.
The manager assumed that i would know things and when I dared to ask to train me more, i was pushed aside and when i had to try alone someone more experienced would push me away bec she knows how to do faster. When i asked for tips in my work they just said that i luck of initiative, while instead i tried so many times and they continuously give a different job to do there or asked to stop doing it. When someone would ask me where on the map is the store in wimbledon or else...the manager would judge me of not knowing it on the top of my head.

The assistant manager was always away somewhere less busy for her to get involved with clients and stuff. But when the manager is around she does her work.

The environment wasn't friendly and if a customer came already angry, the manager would say that was your fault of not being faster.

They supposed that i would already know everything even at what time the delivery would come (even though it never comes in time).

Too much pressure and no care for the new staff. I would not raccomend to work here.
Pros
Pay and flexibility hours
Cons
Poor management and training. Do not offer full-time jobs as much as they used to
productive fast paced friendly work envirmoent
overall really enjoyed working there. exellent management good chance to gain team building skills and one on one customer service skills would deffinatley work there again if they had more hours and the pay was slightly higher for the work you had to put in while being there.
Pros
commison based enviroment
Cons
wasnt very busy during non sale times
Best company ive worked for!
The company although small in the grand scheme of things is the most excellent I have worked for. Very supportive, management are understanding, progression opportunities are available, friendly customers and exciting!
I progressed to do more managerial duties such as merchandising, opening and closing of the store and ordering stock.

Loved it!
Pros
Great customers, great products, not very stressful, enjoyable work.
Cons
Can be boring if store is empty
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoJo Maman Bébé. Our community is ready to answer.