JoJo Maman Bébé Employee Reviews

Awful manageress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dulwich, Greater London14 October 2019
Hated every minute of working here..
The manageress is so hard to please. The training given is ridiculous.. there is no support from the manageress so learning the job is nigh on impossible.
awful experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkshire11 September 2019
good training offers you a lot of things pretty much the ideal job once you start they complete forget you and not get any help of no one talking from a manager position area manager are completely rubbish they don't care and they never fallow what they taught in the training that by the way is 3 weeks in H/O (Wales)
Amazing place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Epping, Essex2 September 2019
I worked in Jojo's for just over a year and absolutely loved every moment of it! There have been many times where I was tempted to go back! The staff were absolutely amazing to work with, not just my colleagues but my family. My managers were kind and understanding, easy-going but still knew how to ensure we got the job done. A day at Jojo Maman Bebe is mostly spent with great customer service: helping an expecting mother have a bra fitting; playing with mother's children to help with an easier shopping experience; hanging items of clothing; tidying the shop and just having fun all the while. I learned so much about pregnancies and expectant mothers, while also learning a lot of product details. It's not all about the clothes! The most enjoyable part of my position here was definitely the team I worked with and the regular customers who became our friends. It was lovely to walk into work each day and find a happy, smiley group of people working with me and purchasing from us. Not much about the position here was hard, I enjoyed almost every minute of my time here. If I had to chose something that was hard about the job I would say that it's probably managing the till systems when you're new, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. I absolutely loved working here, and believe that this is the perfect place to start a career in retail!
Good first proper job
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex26 August 2019
we would clean the store to make it look lovely, the people working there were so lovely and you would help customers with their needs when they came into the store.
Not for mums
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath10 August 2019
It was a nice place to work in, great colleagues, beautiful shop, nice and clean, good loyal customers. I found that they don't encourage mothers to work there, good training, but customers appreciate also experience which most employees don't have as they are mostly students. The area manager was very distant and wouldn't acknowledge employees.
Pros
Nice shop
Cons
Not for working mothers
Love my job!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset19 July 2019
JoJo Maman Bebe, what a wonderful company to have the pleasure of working for. They continue to accommodate hours to work around me and my family schedule which is fantastic for everyone who relays on me at home. I worked in the Marlow store which was so much fun! The staff are just wonderful, super friendly, caring and now all my dearest friends. It broke my heart to leave this great team, I cried a lot and my work family was there to see me through it all. I love my job so I had to relocate to another store, I wouldn’t be happy if I didn’t. My boss worked hard to make this happen and now I’m a super proud member of the Taunton team, and what a team! Truly a home from home these ladies are amazing, they’ve made me feel welcome, loved and part of the team. I’d be lost without them. JoJo Maman Bebe isn’t perfect buts it’s a family and us stores stick together to keep this family strong. Why wouldn’t you want to be a part of that? Great pay, great discounts and wonderful people. I miss the Marlow ladies, they truly make JoJo a home, not only to it’s staff but our customers and to be honest I don’t think I’ve been in a store that doesn’t
Pros
Discounts, friendly staff, accommodating
Cons
We have to be the cleaners
Overall a good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom20 May 2019
I have worked at JoJo for a long time now and overall I have enjoyed my time there. The company has its ups and downs the same as any other and has been through a particularly difficult year but they mostly look after staff and treat them well. Management and head office very approachable.
Pros
Good values, B corp, friendly company, worked with a good team.
Cons
Training can often be lacking but they are working on this to improve, staff often expected to just remember a lot of information
Nice environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henley on Thames7 May 2019
Management not too great. I feel like they are biased... Wouldn't want to go so far as to say racist!!!
There was a change in management during my tenure and things got really unprofessional and biased after the change
Pros
Great product libe
Cons
Lack of indepth training
Privately owned company, would expect better
Senior Customer Service Representative (part time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport17 April 2019
Management aren't very approachable and were very unaccommodating when my request to change hours for the benefit of my family. Only worked part time and did evening shift for 2 years then wanted to change to days. Would of been happy to be flexible and work days and evenings but there was no room for manoeuvre. Staff pleasent Good work ethic, low salary's for a private owned company, big plus was the yearly bonus, if you hit certain criteria. Birthdays off and free tea coffee
Pros
Free tea coffee
Cons
Not family friendly
Nice place to work, but not flexible
CUSTOMER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Marlow1 April 2019
Great place to work for the discount, but overall the flexibility of “shifts” aren’t there. You come across nice team players, but overall I never enjoyed my time at JoJo Maman Bebe because of other staff members making it hard to be there. It’s not a bad company to work for, but when you’ve got certain staff who only work weird hours it creates no flexibility for other memebers of staff who work there. There’s no staff parking, and parking can be expensive.
Pros
Discount, competitive pay, 1 hour lunch break
Cons
No flexibility, no staff parking, not all staff are friendly
Unlike any other place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport11 March 2019
A place where temporary/agency staff are given priority over loyal fulltime staff for any in house vacancies that arise, often instigated by certain office staff members (so if your agency, fill your boots)
Afternoon shift workers duped into working permanent 2-10 and given no formal interview in case they asked questions. Which also means the factory gave jobs to people without any face to face judgements, any research into their past work and personal histories thereby showing absolutely no concern for the safety of current workers who work there or any potential dangers that newly hired, people may have posed to them.
A HR liaison person to the factory floor universally disliked, not one person with a good word to say about her.
A place where forklift drivers are paid the same as all other workers despite the added risk and responsibility.
Forced to work every other sunday despite no formal contract signed by many workers to do so.
Little more than minimum wage paid, and no extra for working overtime, saturdays or sundays.
Other than that a good place to work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
See review
Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport26 February 2019
Avoid this place like the plague!!! Management very unprofessional, work/life balance poor. They promise you the world and give you an atlas. Joke of a company
Pros
No pros whatever
Enjoyable work space
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset26 February 2019
The company is fair within all aspects of the job. The hours are reasonable and the workplace is a fun and bubbly place to be. All of my colleagues are easy to get along with and make coming to work a thing to look forward to.
Pros
Excellent rate of pay
Terrible Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newport8 February 2019
All personnel higher than supervisors, although they maybe "qualified" to do the job, they have never actually worked in a warehouse, therefore they do not know how to run one, or even how to tell the floor staff how to do their job correctly. I HONESTLY dont know how they've been in business for so long.
You have to work there to see it for yourself, but personally, don't waste your time. They're idiots.
Pros
supervisors friendly
Cons
management, dirty warehouse, terrible atmosphere, wages etc
Jojo way? I dont think so!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South5 October 2018
Used to have a great Ethos....no longer. Inexperienced top management. No support. Avoid at all costs. Clothes are not to standard rushed through and when shops pick up on shoddy workmanship quality control doesn't want to know.
Pros
Salary, team
Cons
Area managers, no ethos
Horrible place to work
Former employer (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport11 September 2018
Horrible place to work 4 shift changes in 8 months got no care for there staff everyone is leaving and nobody wants to be there to be honest I don't think they care aswell and it's supposed to be a family company it's a joke.
Pros
Cons
Its all bad
Sloppy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 August 2018
This has moved from a small high street presence to a large comoany of 85+ stores.trouble is the way they like to see themselves as a non hierarchical work life balance company is not an exact representation. Try unprofessional inexperienced senior management whof may once of been a satisfactory level of experience but unfortunately have not grown within their roles and are too inexperienced for a company this size so are sloppy and unptofessional and therefore don't know if your coming or going.
No structure and training almost non existent apart from some quite frankly patronising training modules multiple choice answer sheets you have to action .

Managers get no development whatsoever so don't expect to grow with this company.It's also very clicky oi if your face doesn't fit their 'family' and you dare to think outside the box then your a target!has to be the jojo way or no way.do they want to make money? Sometimes I wondered.there's an undercurrent of bitcheness too never felt anywhere else to this extent.

However the team I worked with were a fabulous bunch but then I recruited them.
Shame there isn't any progression for them so to make them feel like there is most CAS take on mm tasks and opening closing store so underpaid staffing for the level if responsibility they are given..don't be fooled it's helping develop you..It's just good old cheaper labour!
Pros
Lovely team in my store
Cons
Sloppy inexperienced senior management
Amazing
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newport County9 August 2018
Great place to work. Management are all knowledgeable, friendly and approachable and encourage you to be your best. Offices are fun and the people are all lovely.
Worst
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport30 July 2018
Horrible place to work if your applying for this role you will be applying for 2 til 10 just so you know as it aint in the job description the management have no clue what they are doing rather than spend money on a system that works for picking/packing they had one made in a week dirty place to work health and safety is practically non existent you try address something and management do not want to know claims to be a family buisness but some employees get no time with there family as the shift patterns are crazy sacked last supervisor for having an opinion the place is shocking money is rubbish hated my time there the place is a shambles be warned
Pros
Some staff are friendly but most are not
Cons
Money terrible management clueless hours terrible
Amazing company, lovely people
PR & Social Media Executive (Former Employee) –  Design & Marketing Office11 July 2018
Absolutely loved my time at JoJo, learned a lot from the team and made friends for life. I had some incredible opportunities and I only left to pursue my dream of working in luxury RTW. More guidance and feedback would have been welcomed to ensure I was on the right route as I was starting out in my career but the role and the company cannot be faulted. Highly recommend!
Pros
Profit share, lovely working environment, friendly and approachable managers
Cons
so many sweet treats for birthdays if you're trying to be good!