JoJo Maman Bébé Employee Reviews

Lovely
Customer Advisor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Godalming9 April 2018
I’ve worked in two jojo stores, one while at college and the other for a short time while I was at uni. The first store was lovely ! The team all got on really well and the management treated us all really nicely however in the second store the atmosphere wasn’t very nice and the management made most of the staff uncomfortable.
The customers are lovely and all the stock is adorable! The only downside is the limited flexibility in relation to hours and when you want to book holiday.
Pros
Good pay and a nice work environment
Cons
Not the most flexible
Relaxed and comfortable workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire2 April 2018
Excellent chances for progression below Assistant Manager.
Very good pay compared to competitors.
Excellent training.
Varied customer base.
Good variety of products.
Not what it advertises to be
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading19 February 2018
Dreadful company to work for no care towards staff no training as promised.. Management put themselves first. Any complaint you make is egnored by HR and area manager. Suppose to be a non arachicial company which is all lies. managers at times patronising
To sum it up shops been open 1 year 4 months and has lost 8 sales advisers and currently on their 3rd manager
Pros
Discount
Lovely pace to work with amazing customers
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading15 January 2018
Really nice place to work, great atmosphere great customers. Its really rewarding helping new parents and be part of their experience. The company itself really cares about its employees, customers and environment.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
can be boring during quiet periods
Loved my time at JoJo
Social Media & PR Executive (Former Employee) –  South London3 January 2018
JoJo was such a fab company to work for! I loved the staff and everyone was kind, considerate and it was a pleasure to be in the office everyday at London HQ.
The only thing that made me move on was low salary and job restrictions with moving up the ladder.
Great team, poor structure
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire29 June 2017
Worst company to work for ever, no structure very repetitive and you often find yourself with not alot to do. Pushy customer service which makes customers feel uncomfortable.
The company preach training however after your training at the start this is then no existent.
Area manager was patronising and clearly had no what was going on in store, Had to make sure that everyone around her including the customers knew she was the area manager!
The company has their head in the clouds with the `jojo' way.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Boring, made to feel worthless
Relaxed place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  York30 March 2017
Really enjoy working here. Main part of the job is customer service and there is an emphasis on providing the customers with a relaxed atmosphere in which to shop.
Pros
Good rate of pay.
Cons
Not much chance of progression without relocation.
Small Company with nice working environment
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  London26 May 2016
A nice place to start career but very little career progression and job flexibility if you do not have children. Many younger employers leave to gain better pay, better career progression options and fairer flexibility. Unfortunately not a place that promotes a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
No flexibilty
Fun and rewarding place to work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2015
Probably one of the more enjoyable retail jobs that I have had.

Jojo is a nice company to work for- every single one of my colleagues were lovely!

Lots of opportunities to advance within the company- excellent training from the start and they listen to your interests and help you to pursue them.

Excellent training days too- something thats rare in retail- attended a lovely maternity products training day- fully paid and with free products.

Only downside is the pay- £6.50 is not enough for assistants who are expected to learn so much- we become experts in maternity and baby products and I think our pay should match this.
Pros
Lovely colleagues/ managers, great team spirit, excellent training, fair rotas, change to move up in the company
Cons
Pay is not fantastic
A fun place to work with great staff
My role in Jojo Maman Bébé is customer advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT30 March 2014
Every day is different. We get delivery 6 days a week which keeps the day busy but above all our main focus are the customers. I answer every question that they have and if we do not have a certain item we always offer an alternative. My co workers are brilliant, everyone supports each other and I love working with them all.
Some of the customers can be challenging but I take comfort in knowing that I have the support of my team.