Johnson Matthey

Johnson Matthey Employee Reviews

United Kingdom73 reviews
Very nice place to work
Very relaxed and fun place to work. Challenging but all the people are very helpful

Good free canteen which was very nice

Remote working opportunity which is very nice

Good Management structure that encourages innovation
You are a number
A lot of promises during the interview that were never followed through. The agency is completely incompetent, JM doesn't care at all about agency staff. If you want money, good, but you're paying with your health. No matter what they say, you are in contact with a lot of chemical dust. Don't believe management. 1.5 years i was there.
Fair place to work
They award staff that do a good days work with a decent salary and a choice for overtime. The staff canteen was always very good and a good choice of food. There pension scheme is also very good.
nope
busy long shifts
good company

Good pension

Big factory

Good colleges

good benefits

Management high level OK

Sometimes difficult to achieve set targets
Old Fashioned
Trying to nnovate however there is poor management. That is changeing though. Culture is decent though no space for creative input. Slow career progression. Poor salary but decent pension.
Pros
Free Lunch (not really - they deduct from pay)
Cons
Boring
Poor Management
Great company for benefits and salary. A few areas of grave concern particularly management and work ethic; being told in first week they 'preferred to have appointed a male for the role' by female manager wasnt great - this amongst other very concerning attitudes of some staff including poor work ethic was a red light.
good but not ideal place
Good money until, a point that the bubble had to burst...
The management have no control over, too many people abusing the company on their own way... shame it was presented as a great place to work
Production Supervisior
This was the best company I have worked for. They offered good training than enabled you to progress.

This employment ended due to them moving overseas.
Pros
they were a very supportive company.
Nice people
GOOD PEOPLE, NOT A LOT OF WORK IN THE PROJECTS BUT IT WAS PICKING UP
• Responsible for providing administrative/secretarial support to the Project Engineers within the Engineering Project Department reporting to the Site Project Manager.

• Working with individual Project Engineers to track progress of individual projects with regards spend against budget.

• Update spend forecasts for the individual projects by means of reports.

• Processing contractor timesheets, arranging meetings, creating requisitions using Avantis.

• General day to day administration assistance to the Engineering Project Team.
Royston Hertfordshire
Excellent location for me, brilliant benefits, worked with some lovely people who will be life long friends, but feel let down now being made redundant. I have enjoyed my time here but unsure I would recommend as the staff turnover seems high
Was warned about this place
When I spoke to people about me working at JM I was told be a number of people that it is not a nice place to work, hence why the pay a good salary and have many other benefits.
All I can say is how right they were.
Good place to work for
Very chilled and flexible place to work. Free lunches on site, amazing pension, bonuses. The only issue was to leave 5 minutes before time or be late even 1 minute. There is strict security check so if you finish job at 17 you won't be out before 17.15-17.20. So people asked to start 10 minutes sooner and leave sooner but this seemed to be a huge deal for management.
Incompetent management
Constant management move around and removal. Decisions all based on the cheapest options rather than the correct ones. Very concerning security and IT issues.
Enjoyable
Overall good, but could easily be greatly improved by enhancing the staff benefits; not be greatly increasing the budget for this, but simply by guiding staff to focus more on their on health through sports/exercise/yoga/diet/etc.
Bad Management
Worked there for 3 months and suprised to see that my manager there had no manager skills e.g they put me on training with a person who was already serving probabtion etc. Informed the HR, and because they are having so many changes even the people in the HR were new and didnt know how to assist.
Management is discriminating & racial in culture
Management positions in key roles are chosen based on colour and not ability. The team collaboration to work productively is the driving force of the company's success.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours with low rate
Team Work
Supporting recruitment very team focussed, excellent opportunity to use different recruitment tools.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
N/a
excellent culture
great work environment
people & planet orientated

some of the smartest individuals i've met & good management support

money is not bad either especially if you are good at what you do
Pros
free lunches
Cons
moves & changes
Snake pit
Go careful. I worked there a long time and saw the culture and the 'strategy' change time and time again. One constant was the very well paid, extremely ineffective senior management.
There are big company benefits but this place has all the hallmarks of a political cesspit - back-stabbers, empire-builders, spin artists, shirkers, BS'ers, etc.
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
stategic U turns, poor leadership
A really good place to work
I have enjoyed my time there and I will miss it.
You can learn new things every day, the management is supportive and pushes you forward, giving you the right support when needed.
Fantastic place to work
I loved my job a JM and would still be there if I had not been made redundant. Lovely place to work and lovely people. I started as an invoice clerk and grow in my role.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Matthey. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8