Play YouTube video button
Johnson Controls
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

United Kingdom214 reviews
everyone was very helpful, there was a lot of systems to use and training was always ongoing, the company as a whole was very flexible and understanding.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very busy at times
Most of management spend their time asking their team to help them as they do not know the answer themselves. Promotion within the company is near none existent and if you do move department please do not expect a pay increase. Also you are more likely to get paid more working for a smaller company, which is possibly why staff turnover is very high. In the beginning it may seem like the company cares about your wellbeing, but in fact they do not. They care about work and if you are unable to work for whatever reason please do not expect sick pay it won't happen.
Pros
Colleagues are great people.
Cons
No one seems to do their job correctly.
Nice place and friendly people that will help you if your'e stuck. I was one of the last to get giving a job working collecting the seat frames but i enjoyed the job and would like to go back.
Pros
Overtime and pay
Cons
Being let go
Excellent and established company, Great professional organisation, Helped my career immensely , Provided a company vehicle, Good work life balance, competitive salary,
Great communication
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
None i can honestly think of
Do it to them before they do it to you. Absolutely no thanks for working out of hours, or away from home in dangerous locations.
Also unless working on one of key products forget any chance of one to ones with management or career training.

Half the year you are put on travel bans and expense cuts but still expected to meet targets.

The higher up the ladder you get, the more cliquey management becomes.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Need to have a face that fits
Home based office work allows for a relaxed environment ,as it is voids of office politics and allows one to focus on the tasks at hand.Working from home been a valuable tool during this global pandemic Working from home teaches self discipline.
Johnson Controls expect people to show their worth. Not a place to work if you want to skive. Quite a lot of staff turn over. If you can handle the pace, its a good environment.
The Letchworth site is run by a bully who does not listen to anyones opinions. This means nobody really bothers to raise potential problems as they at best ignored, and at worst they become a target for false accusations. The salary is poor and there is very little room for career advancement. Higher management is aware but does literally nothing to intervene, meaning the company loses many useful people.
Excellent quality inspection, well organized
Excellent quality inspection experience

Excellent management.

Excellent workplace culture.

The hardest part is when you leave Johson Controls. I love to work for them.

Everything at Johson Controls is enjoyable. It is a well-organized Engineering company.

Workers at Jonson Controls are very educated, open-minded and very friendly.
Not a very nice place to work. Was glad to leave. A lot of workplace bullying takes place. Management repeatedly abused powers to manipulate the workers.
for the length of time I worked for company it was a fast paced very productive job.I enjoyed the challenge it offered and any training I was offered which benefits the company, I was only temp agency and appreciated the work and wage. I am now searching for perm employment within my area as I cycle to work. I am excellent time keeper and appreciate any overtime offered
Pros
on going work
Cons
Ok place to work. Friendly most days are the same not much changes. But the staff are really nice and is a fun place to work. Management is good, well run.
I enjoyed the job I was doing in Export and worked mainly on my own, there was 2/3 people who worked in the warehouse picking and packing export warehouse orders. We all worked well together and communication was good between us.
I did however notice that the general moral in the place was low and management were not great in sharing information on changes/decisions. A lot of staff had been there a long time and where also set in their ways.
poor management, no career advancement offered, can be stressful, systems and process don't really work as its dated, the integration between JCI/ADT isnt balanced equally over all the staff
Pros
relaxed
Cons
no management engagement
Through the experience gained at FCF Plc and currently Johnson Controls (Tyco Integrated Fire & Solutions), I have developed knowledge of all aspects of operations and business. Being a Global company that is growing fast, challenges were a daily part of the role
Biased manager would have to go above him to raise concerns to get anything done. But the client was always very happy with my work and friendly approachable character
Great place to work build a career with many development opportunities. Genuine people based environment. Professional services company that delivers to all
Not a dynamic team and work place. Narrow minded individuals with little or no grasp on reality. Humourless yet diligent they work for long periods of time achieving very little.
Good team spirit in a fast paced environment offering new challenges everyday.
Full support always available from college's through the occasional and more difficult times.

Rewarding not from just the business side but also in welcoming new college's and making of new friendship's.
My shift was the "5-day shift rotation pattern", which is the (mostly) daytime only shift pattern, which I believe is roughly defined as being any given 9 hour period somewhere between 7 AM and 7 PM. On this shift pattern, it is a 40 hour week which includes working 5 days a week total (sometimes including weekends). A typical day entails answering roughly 200 phone calls, give-or-take and dependent on your confidence, skill, and other sundry factors. This includes two 10 minute breaks and a 1-hour lunch break that can be no more than 4 hours apart, so this essentially means you're working day is 7 hours 40 minutes long in total.

What I learned was how to use service booking software and alarm monitoring software. The software that's used for booking engineer visits is called SMS (Service Management System) which is a rather outdated, and occasionally slow, keyboard-only program that will most likely take at least 1 month to get used to using to the point of any reasonable confidence, at least in my experience. For the first month, it will likely be the case that you will be taking calls and panicking on getting the right thing done on this software as it is a bit of a learning curve. I will advise you to try not to worry (although I'm aware this can be easier said than done), try to be professionally assertive on the phone. Should the customer begin to get impatient, simply explain that you're new and still learning. I found that it genuinely DOES help to do this. The most common uses on SMS are booking engineers and technicians for a variety of purposes (breakdowns and
 - more...
I enjoyed my time at Johnson’s control
I learnt a lot and I knew a few familiar faces so everyone was comfortable and we had a brilliant work environment, my experience picked up really quick as I was eager to learn every day