John Lewis Employee Reviews

productivity and good environment for devloping skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire1 April 2018
Was a very good experience that contributed for my personal development. I was introduced to a company that considers all members as a family so, it feels very comfortable to start.
Excellent Company
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  London1 April 2018
One of the best companies to work for. Very compassionate, easy going, good holidays and decent pay. Management and colleagues are very easy to get along with.
great place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 March 2018
great management, I loved my job here no day as the same and they give you proper training. I loved working no the phones and dealing with the customer queries and complaints
Good
Driver mates (Former Employee) –  Over28 March 2018
Not much I can say part from I enjoyed the experience and it was good working with my mate ..good place to work it could be hard from time to time due to heavy lifting ..........................................................
ok
fun
people
hard
challenge
do not include confidential company
No longer the company Spedan Lewis expected
Complex administration assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater23 March 2018
I loved my job and colleagues within our Branch. The job can be varied and you do have the opportunity to move around within the sales floor as and when vacancies arise. Sadly it is no longer the company where you could devote yourself to and being a partner means nothing nowadays. The company is going through some questionable reorganisation and it is having an impact on existing sales and partners.

I would still recommend it as a place to work, a great place to learn, just go in with eyes open.
Pros
good holiday, good pay, great benfits, annual profit bonus, sick pay, pension
Cons
no real flexible working options.
Never hired.
Applicant for JLP Partnership (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2018
I spend an entire 1/5 hour to finish the application and online test, walked 3 miles to the interview. But instead they have outsourced WCN recruitment tool that picks keywords and hires only three candidates a time. This company promises equal opportunities but doesn't live to the word for equal opportunity, merit, knowledge or talent. Yet sad fact they used my energy and hope and the decision was no-hire. From that point I got disappointed with John Lewis. I would have added great professional outcome here, I would buy into the company and join its Partnership, and understood the economics of the company culture. I was a customer in the past but no longer. Rivals M&S, HoF, and Debs will be my choice now.

Now they have to deal with employees with lower hostile mindset. It's the loss for John Lewis if they disregard me. If you offer benefits or Finance to your partners and none of the assets are used by employees, renders useless. Demand is low enough in our economy. John Lewis lost on a valuable person.
Cons
No hire decision
Amazing culture, however lacking in structure
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Victoria22 March 2018
John Lewis are an incredible Company to work for in terms of the way they treat their staff. Non-aggressive manner and people do matter. However, the downfall of this is that where everyone has a say, it causes complications, delays and a lack of organisational structure, which creates chaos. A huge shame.
Great
Catering Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport21 March 2018
Good working environment
Friendly team
Excellent benefits and bonus
Can get extremely busy during sales and Christmas period
Regular customers you build good relations with
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Can get extremely busy during sales
Excellent
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2018
The John Lewis Partnership treats all its employees excellently, and welfare is constantly on the minds of those in higher positions in the company. I would recommend this job to someone wanting to gain experience in the world of retail and customer service
The place to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street16 March 2018
John Lewis and Waitrose is just the best company Britain has to offer, you must try one of the two and get it onto your CV. Every company will be welcoming you in open hands. The salary is sweet, the benefits is sweet, the environment is cool and the family culture is the best.
Fast paced retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent14 March 2018
Working at John Lewis is fast paced but the colleagues are friendly and help you to learn new skills quickly. In addition the company provides many benefits such as free event tickets and holiday clubs.
Productiive job environment.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, Greater London14 March 2018
Typical day involves putting customer's first by responding to queries, issues they may have with orders etc. Juggling a lot of tasks all at once making sure by the end of each day as many tasks as possible dealt with. Taking the time in between to catch up with colleagues.
Pros
Working with a good group of people, subsidies, discounts and bonus scheme
Cons
Changing face of retail
Don't believe everything you read
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent13 March 2018
typical day is serving customers depending what department you're on, retail can be a very challenging job due to customers and management, working in the team is fantastic feels like a second family, hardest part of the job is bad customers, most enjoyable part is your team.
Pros
25% John Lewis discount and also benefits at loads of different stores and restaurants, good leisure benefits as well, spa hotels at discounted rates, uniform cards, good pension if you use it, annual bonus
Cons
minimum wage pay, unsociable hours, on your feet all day, depending on department can be quite intense and a lot of physical work
Vanilla
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cambridge11 March 2018
As a very creative person that hates being controlled & put into boxes... John Lewis isn't the place for me, but for people who like that, then it is perfect for that sort of mind
Alright workplace
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Londo10 March 2018
In this job there was always an opportunity for advancement however, this only happens once a year and is fully dependant up to the managers to decide.
Productive work envrionment
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 March 2018
A well established blue chip company which is used as the benchmark for retail business. It is a positive environment where staff and customers are extremely well looked after.
Good Managers, Great Employee Benefits
Stock Management Partner (Current Employee) –  London7 March 2018
- Work with a great team
- Friendly and Approachable manners
- Hardest part: difficult customers, unsociable working hours
- Most enjoyable part: working with my team
Cons
unsociable hours, lack of room to change working hours
Good working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dissbury Manchester7 March 2018
Speaking with a varied amount of customers and exceeding at dealing with different issues to get the best resolutions for the company and customers. Learning about new systems which can change to meet business needs and to proactively meet KPI's to attain the necessary requirements of the job role.
Working with a management based core who are approachable and helpful. A balanced work lifestyle in an office setting that is relaxed and enjoyable.
Hardest part of job includes getting the best resolution for the customer in instances which can bring about pressure to meet customer expectations. Getting the results that mean the customer is happy and the job has been successfully done to the highest standards.
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
Long hours on phone
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent6 March 2018
A great company to work for who look after all Partners within the Partnership. No two days are ever the same as you will be helping different people everyday and working with a variety of Partners. There are great development opportunities available should you wish to pursue a career in management/retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.