John Lewis Employee Review

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent6 February 2018
Overall great place to work, good pay, bonus scheme. Management was helpful but could be improved. Work life great though as everyone is extremely social and pleasurable to work with.
Pros
Social
Cons
Lack of Flexibility

Other John Lewis Employee Reviews

Positive learning experience
Selling Partner (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 May 2018
John Lewis is known for being an excellent partnership and company to work for, I agree to a certain extent as I enjoyed my time working in the show department and being able to switch to different departments when needed.
The management team were all newly promoted and, at times, hard to work for due to strict rules they implemented e.g. no swapping shifts. Because of a long term illness I have, which the company knew about from the start, I had more than three days off sick during my time there. This reflected badly on me when applying for a permanent contract and when offered a permanent role I was given too many hours which would take priority over my studies. I was not given any alternatives or support for my studies or illness. I was also given two different end dates so when I did not turn up for a shift I did not know about I was given a warning.
Pros
Good experience and friendly colleagues
Cons
Unorganised management team, not given the support I needed
Great Place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea16 May 2018
One of my favourite places to work. Kind and helpful managers and colleagues. Everyone is friendly and sympathetic. Only downside is that most of the work is heavy lifting or very monotonous work, however that is expecting in the industry and you start the role knowing this.
Pros
Loads of discounts, events/staff outings, friendly colleagues
Cons
the nature of the work can get quite boring, and lifting all day can prove strenuous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.