John Lewis Employee Review

Work Experince
Salesman (Former Employee) –  North West London, Greater London29 November 2017
A very well organised company who clearly value their staff. Very polite to each other irrespective of anything that may be occurring. An overall pleasant experonce and a chance to see what it’s like to have a time in an actual workplace.
Pros
Lunch Vouchers

Other John Lewis Employee Reviews

The york branch operates on a tiny crew so the branch manager gets praised for his profits.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York22 April 2018
Yes you read that right. When I started with John Lewis there was plenty of staff and plenty of happy customers. When I left because my Dr signed me off due to the stress of the job, my department had less than a quarter of the staff it originally had.
Staff shortages were due to staff leaving and the new branch manager not replacing them so he could look like he was saving tonnes of money.
One big shop and no staff walking around because there's only enough to be on the tills and fitting rooms means a lot of mad customers ranting at them because they can't find anyone to help them.
The air con was absolutely rubbish in the summer.
The shop only has Windows at the front so staff suffer from a lack of natural light.
You have to work as a manager for a year but not on a manager wage before you are considered for a promotion. That also requires a lot of brown nosing.
The branch manager makes the department managers literally do laps in circles of the shop floor. It's laughable. Managers stepped down or left and I don't blame them.
Pros
The bonus. Thats it.
Cons
Rubbish air con, brown nosing for career progression, long hours stood at tills or fitting rooms, no natural light, no music, abusive customers
not worth it
Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  narnia22 April 2018
management are useless fools who dont support you in the job or manage the team well, morale is low and they are constantly adding pressure and pushing for more despite performing well in all areas when it comes to regional stats

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.