John Lewis Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

productivity and good environment for devloping skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire1 April 2018
Was a very good experience that contributed for my personal development. I was introduced to a company that considers all members as a family so, it feels very comfortable to start.
Good workplace
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2018
everyday is different and brings some challenges to complete the tasks, but there where fun starts. stick around longer and u find lots of awesome reasones why John Lewis is cool place to start your career.
Pros
free caffee hours
Cons
overtime available, depending on busy period
Terrible place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire6 January 2018
Security checks in place for entering and leaving the site that take an enormous amount of time to complete. The pay is terrible, the break structure is terrible and they will literally sack you on the spot.
Good place for working
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2017
John Lewis is a good workplace.The jobs in their NDC are easy to do for everyone.Mangers supervising their teams very well.John Lewis is a place where you can be happy.
day at work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 October 2017
it was good to work for John Lewis but i am looking for a job related to my studies. John Lewis did support me with my studies e-g when i needed time off for my exams or for family.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lower pay rate
a good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park Royal,West Acton,w3 0TP5 September 2017
i enjoyed working for the company meeting dead lines by picking
packing goods/sort /checking invoices as a warehouse operative
We had KPI to acheive met them
Very Depressing
Distribution Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Enfield11 August 2017
I have worked faithfully for JLP for many years. First in Watford and then to Enfield. Since moving to Enfield gradually the working environment has worsened. It is such that I no longer enjoy going to work. Despite being into my 19th year the so called 6 months off is being gradually removed and all employees feel undervalued. I feel I need to be in an environment that makes me happy.
Pros
Bonus but that has been eroded over last 3 years
Cons
Start at 6am, No Canteen, 1 Hours drive
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 June 2017
it was good wot work with John Lewis because its one of the best company in UK. the warehouse is clean and very professional managers. respect and lov
Pros
no pressure
Cons
less hours
productive, hard work but also fun filled
Multi Skilled Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 May 2017
Storing stock, sending stock to john Lewis Edinburgh store. Making up giftlist parcels (i.e for weddings, engagements etc). Sending white good items back down to our DC'S. Re-valuating returned stock from customers to see if they can be debited back or reduced and sold.
Customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job, we work as a close and good team. My managers have taught me a lot and I have always gotten on with all of peers overs the years as I am very hard worker , reliable and loyal.
Pros
discounted leisure packages, 25% discount
warehouse
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 April 2017
really good company to work for .well looked after if you of sick or have trouble with rent when not been paid .just too many people trying to walk over you to get to the top asap
Cons
good hours

Want to know more about John Lewis?

Ask a question
Ok if you're willing to grind.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire23 April 2017
Worked at John Lewis' Northampton warehouses from Oct 2016 to Jan 2017. Full-time, shifts were 6am-2pm for one week, 2pm-10pm the other week.

Management are helpful when needed and the job pays well for warehouse work. It is a grind though, personally I could only do this part-time again. Full-time is too much of a grind in this kind of work.
Pros
Good pay, prompt payment of wages and holiday pay.
Cool workplace
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes10 March 2017
Looks bright kind people plenty of space to work lunchtime room looks good and has comfy chairs!!toilets new and nice everything is pretty clean.!!!!
Pros
Free Internet gym and snooker
Cons
8 hours
Good Natured Productive Work Place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Greater London7 March 2017
Receiving and despatching goods, making sure stock goes to the right outlets, checking for damaged goods.
I learned how our department worked and how it affected other areas, to do the job to the best of my abilities.
Management were strict but fair, and would go out of their way to help if you had a problem be it within the warehouse or personal.
The hardest part was getting up at 5am in the morning to start work,
the most enjoyable part was knowing all your tasks had been done with no handover to the next shift.
Pros
Team effort an enjoyable place to work
Cons
Shift Work 6am-2pm following week 2pm-10pm
Fantastic company to work for.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2017
John Lewis partnership is a respected retail company that has branches all over England,Scotland and one in Wales. They also own Waitrose supermarket group. When you have passed your initial assessment period you become a partner in the company with all the benefits that come with it including discounts, profit sharing and access to company leisure benefits and clubs. The opportunity to advance your career within the company is available to everyone and the training that you receive is of the highest level. I found the working hours very suitable for a good work/ life balance and the work environment very friendly and encouraging. Many people like myself have spent most of their working lives with the company which i think explains why they are such a highly rated company to work for.
Pros
Staff discount, Annual Bonus, subsidised meals and subsidies to various clubs and events.
Temp Job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire1 March 2017
Decent wage, however environment was cold. staff were friendly ,some a little too much however they look after you. wasn't too bad working here. just a bit chilly
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes27 February 2017
I enjoyed working at John Lewis because they really look after their staff. I worked with enthusiastic people, I was always happy to achieve my targets.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Hard work/long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, Solihull, UK26 February 2017
Great organization, management and collaboration with the team. Safe and clean workplace, with an excellent administration.
productive and fun in the work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands15 February 2017
it was good working for john lewis for a bit because got it though the agencie.you had to pay for your own food which was in a canteen.and the meals was £1.50 and you do get a bargin.the typical day working is to sort out which items was wore and send back to to the centres
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
friendly environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire2 February 2017
A very nice place to work along with very friendly people brilliant place to work and they look after you well. Always move you about if you ask and listen to what you want to do. Perfect business
Pros
nice people
Cons
can get very hot in the summer
Hated It
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire16 January 2017
No support from managers, always understaffed, underpaid, expected to do more than you are capable of. Christmas temps treated like slaves. Managers never around to talk to.
Pros
Cons
everything