John Lewis Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

John lewis awful place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 June 2018
Where do i start,

the myth that your a co owner, is just that a myth

the place is run by bafoons,

over the years, i rarely worked with fellow colleague,instead we go random agency, these varied from convicited paedophiles, drug addicts and alcoholics,to people who have stabbed several people.

horrible place, and horrible culture of awarding the bad people and punishing the goods workers.

only good thing is the wages
Pros
wages
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, poor management
Warehouse parts record orders (Former Employee) –  UK9 May 2018
Good communication well organize peoples team work and supports work loads in hard time overloads well organise team work and good security support.You can meet different of peoples
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
9 Hrs
good team
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton20 April 2018
While working at warehouse for the John Lewis company I enjoyed the hours I was given and was surrounded by friendly staff members.Respected company very lots of benefits and days out to do with your family
Good pay, repetitive work.
Warehouse operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 April 2018
Was working here for 3 months good place to work a lot of people to make friends with but the staff were a bit moody. Good pay, but was very repetitive as i was a picker on the night shift.
Pros
pool table, good pay, canteen and a McDonald's down the road and a burger van on site.
Cons
Long 10 hour shifts. Moody staff
productivity and good environment for devloping skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire1 April 2018
Was a very good experience that contributed for my personal development. I was introduced to a company that considers all members as a family so, it feels very comfortable to start.
Good workplace
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2018
everyday is different and brings some challenges to complete the tasks, but there where fun starts. stick around longer and u find lots of awesome reasones why John Lewis is cool place to start your career.
Pros
free caffee hours
Cons
overtime available, depending on busy period
Great job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Its very simple and easy job. Break was on the time. Good managers . Good salary. Training good. People is friendly....................................
Terrible place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire6 January 2018
Security checks in place for entering and leaving the site that take an enormous amount of time to complete. The pay is terrible, the break structure is terrible and they will literally sack you on the spot.
Good place for working
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2017
John Lewis is a good workplace.The jobs in their NDC are easy to do for everyone.Mangers supervising their teams very well.John Lewis is a place where you can be happy.
day at work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 October 2017
it was good to work for John Lewis but i am looking for a job related to my studies. John Lewis did support me with my studies e-g when i needed time off for my exams or for family.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lower pay rate
a good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park Royal,West Acton,w3 0TP5 September 2017
i enjoyed working for the company meeting dead lines by picking
packing goods/sort /checking invoices as a warehouse operative
We had KPI to acheive met them
Very Depressing
Distribution Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Enfield11 August 2017
I have worked faithfully for JLP for many years. First in Watford and then to Enfield. Since moving to Enfield gradually the working environment has worsened. It is such that I no longer enjoy going to work. Despite being into my 19th year the so called 6 months off is being gradually removed and all employees feel undervalued. I feel I need to be in an environment that makes me happy.
Pros
Bonus but that has been eroded over last 3 years
Cons
Start at 6am, No Canteen, 1 Hours drive
Good working atmosphere
Drivers Mate/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 June 2017
Well organized shifts which allowed me to plan well in advance. Enjoyed dealing with customers and phoning them ahead on behalf of the driver for when and what time we would deliver
Pros
Shift patterns
Cons
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 June 2017
it was good wot work with John Lewis because its one of the best company in UK. the warehouse is clean and very professional managers. respect and lov
Pros
no pressure
Cons
less hours
productive, hard work but also fun filled
Multi Skilled Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 May 2017
Storing stock, sending stock to john Lewis Edinburgh store. Making up giftlist parcels (i.e for weddings, engagements etc). Sending white good items back down to our DC'S. Re-valuating returned stock from customers to see if they can be debited back or reduced and sold.
Customer satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job, we work as a close and good team. My managers have taught me a lot and I have always gotten on with all of peers overs the years as I am very hard worker , reliable and loyal.
Pros
discounted leisure packages, 25% discount
Fantastic Company.
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, UK1 May 2017
John Lewis was a fantastic company to work for. You get great bonuses, job security and you become a partner within the business. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for a new career to join their company.
Pros
Huge Benefits
Cons
Rotating Shifts.
warehouse
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 April 2017
really good company to work for .well looked after if you of sick or have trouble with rent when not been paid .just too many people trying to walk over you to get to the top asap
Cons
good hours
Ok if you're willing to grind.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire23 April 2017
Worked at John Lewis' Northampton warehouses from Oct 2016 to Jan 2017. Full-time, shifts were 6am-2pm for one week, 2pm-10pm the other week.

Management are helpful when needed and the job pays well for warehouse work. It is a grind though, personally I could only do this part-time again. Full-time is too much of a grind in this kind of work.
Pros
Good pay, prompt payment of wages and holiday pay.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading4 April 2017
A typical day would be spent either at the front desk serving customers and retrieving their parcels, or performing a variety of duties in the warehouse such as putting stock away, picking stock for the store and helping the drivers unload and load stock.

I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes for a big company such as John Lewis about the stock management within the store and how it all operates.

Management and workplace culture was excellent, if there was ever an issue I knew exactly who I could go to. The managers were friendly and approachable and whilst I was there there was a big event in the store where we were all told about the store's strategy over Christmas and our targets (and got free mince pies!). The communication between management and employees such as this really stood out to me, everybody was involved in Partnership decisions and everybody knew which way the Partnership was headed.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be the physical side of it, although it's not too bad. You'd occasionally need to carry heavy items such as microwaves and speakers, and help load large TVs and items of furniture into people's cars.

The most enjoyable part for me was working with the other partners in the warehouse and the fairly relaxed atmosphere we had. We could joke around and have fun but when work needed to be done we would all chip in and help to make sure it was done on time, for instance if there was lots of customers needing to be served.
Pros
Excellent benefits and company culture
Cons
Not much down time during peak times
Cool workplace
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes10 March 2017
Looks bright kind people plenty of space to work lunchtime room looks good and has comfy chairs!!toilets new and nice everything is pretty clean.!!!!
Pros
Free Internet gym and snooker
Cons
8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.