John Lewis Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Work Ethic
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 August 2017
Whilst working at John Lewis, it has helped me gain much more experience in customer service, due to the fact that I had to deal with so many different clients from different backgrounds at different levels.
Pros
Break Time
Cons
Some of the Rules
John lewis
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 July 2017
Different shift patterns, friendly place to work. My typical day was serving customers, stock rotations and control. Health and safety. I learned that Customer Service is very important.
Good atmosphere and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 July 2017
Was okay but hours changed frequently and managing was not up to scratch, wouldn't like to work for online sales in the future, maybe direct supplier or back office
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours st weekends
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 June 2017
mentors were very good and everybody was very helpful everyone was fun and productive doing work experience there is the best place to do work experience.
Good Management Experience
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 May 2017
John Lewis gave me the opportunity to gain management experience. However due to the nature of the work it was difficult to implement change to very out dated systems and processes.
Excellent Place
CSA (Current Employee) –  Glasgow27 April 2017
If you want to be respected and have your voice heard, this is the place to work. Fair opportunities and the opportunity to create change. Fun and loyal teammembers
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Retail
Productive place to work
Operational Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow7 April 2017
I loved working for John Lewis.com and although the travelling too Manchester was a bit much and long hours I really enjoyed working with colleagues, managers etc. I had personal commitments at the time I had to leave.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor Salary
Fun and rewarding
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow1 March 2017
In my time at John Lewis, I learned a lot about sales and customer experience. It was very fun and rewarding and I made a lot of friends.
Busy, challenging yet very rewarding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 February 2017
I started working in John Lewis as a seasonal member of staff in the Audio Visual Department. I gained experience working in a busy environment while maintaining an excellent standard of customer service. I was responsible for giving information to customers on an individual basis regarding the product they wished to buy and so had to amass a great deal of technical knowledge about televisions, audio equipment and computers. I had to address customer complaints as they arose and use the tills during busy periods. I was selected to be kept on as a Sales Assistant in the shoe department where I had to quickly adapt to learning new information about the products. I was responsible for giving friendly advice to customers about out products, ordering the stock room and making the shop front look presentable
Pros
Subsidised Lunches
Cons
Very long hours and training was not very thorough
Would love to work there again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 January 2017
Co-workers were so great to work with; there is always someone there to give advice and lend a helping hand. Great team work and clear working schedule.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Strict on female dress code.
dynamic workplace
Stock management partner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 January 2017
Dynamic and fun place to work at, partners as well as managers are very helpful. Environment is always changing, you constantly have to adapt to new situations.
Warehouse operative/ drivers mate
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 January 2017
Liked working for John Lewis just a shame my contract ran out and I had to leave as I really did enjoy working for hen wiether in the warehouse or out doing the deliveries everyone was friendly and always happy to help you if you needier any assistance and overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Friendly work force
Understaffed
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 December 2016
They are very understaffed - great benefits, but salary is not enough to cover the amount of work that was done. Customers are not hospitable towards staff.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long and understaffed hours
a company where staff look down their nose at others
Delivery porter. (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 August 2016
For me this is a job to bring in money while I attend college.
John Lewis are a company that like to pride themselves on being a family company but sadly are only interested in profit and nothing else.
They also have agency staff that have been there for a number of years and will not give them jobs in the company although they actually need the agency workers to do the jobs.
Pros
A change of scenery most days.
Cons
Lots.
Fast pace enjoyable
Held orders/fraud (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 July 2016
Was great working here as part of fraud team and working at fast professional pace only reaaon i left was to spend year with my 3rd child now i can only work nights and weekends unfortunately john lewis was just to far to travel but still world class service company to work for
It was worthwhile
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 April 2016
I was working at one of the john Lewis call centres based in Glasgow. Job role involved taking high level of inbound calls and answering customer product queries and lots of customer complaints.
Good and fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre22 March 2016
Typical day working their had to go in and sign in so they knew you where actually in the full day. Customers would come in and my job would be to greet them and ask who they where in to see and what they where in for so if they where going to be getting their hair dyed i would have to go and get the tubs and color for the professional worker. Would be answer the phone and taking appointments into the book. Also when the client was finished i would go clean up brush the floor and keep the shop tidy for other customers to come in.
Pros
You learn lots of stuff out of it like different hair styles and how to do different things.
Cons
Not that busy because it is a small shop and its really quiet
Proactive and fun
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow5 February 2016
My typical day at work as a manager at John Lewis is leading, directing and enhancing the performance of my team and individuals through effective objective setting, regular 1-1 reviews, side by side coaching and feedback that focuses on the skills, knowledge and behaviour of the team as well as key measures of success. There is no specific hard part of the job, it can certainly be challenging at times, to which I can work under pressure to ensure I can complete my listed priorities that day.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is being able to achieve all KPI'S stats and give great feedback to my agents as this makes them motivated to keep the hard work up and appreciating the agents for their hard work makes them feel good about themselves which makes me feel good as their manager and shows we can all work as a team to achieve what is required.
Pros
great work colleagues
Good Company
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 October 2015
Typical day at work is dealing with stock re merchandising, serving customers, giving customers product knowledge about certain goods, dealing with complaints and queries. In my time working for them i have learned how to build flat pack furniture. The management within the company i personally feel there is too many managers this could be streamlined.

John Lewis is a good Company to work for they thrive on being the leading market retailer, they offer excellent leisure packages to partners, there is room to grow within the business if you wish to. I would definitely recommend this as a great company to work for.
Pros
leisure benefits
Cons
late finish
Fun Workplace
Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT21 August 2015
Clearing dishes and cleaning tables. Serving customers food. Assisting customers and making sure that they had a pleasant experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2