John Lewis & Partners Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

ok
warehouse opperative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes8 October 2018
same role pretty much every day some off the people are really nice to work with but some are just rude and the manager just care about making sure they hit the target of the next shift so the dont get moaned at
Pros
good poeple
Cons
not got pay agency get more pay
Fun place to work and friendly.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands2 August 2018
I was doing all kind of warehouse work, like packing picking stock, helping unload lorreis, loading lorreis and vans. It was very busy warehouse items going all around the country. It was fun and friendly staff to work with, but the work was always done on time for the day.
Pros
Cafeteria for breaks.
Cons
Good.
Great company to work for
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 August 2018
John Lewis is a very good company to work for they are very supportive in your career needs and push you if you want a better career for yourself a typical day is fast paced but the culture is a good one to be around the hardest part of the job is making sure that you get it right first time every time and be the best you can be and do the best for your customers.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Hours can change at short notice
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2018
Working as part of a wider store team, driving vehicles to transport stock
merchandise to & from the warehouse to specified customer destinations.
scheduling delivery times & presenting bills & collecting payments
Interesting people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 June 2018
Worked with some interesting people and some management that were actually employed by john Lewis but the agency itself didnt care about there workers
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
Agency not enough hours
John lewis awful place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 June 2018
Where do i start,

the myth that your a co owner, is just that a myth

the place is run by bafoons,

over the years, i rarely worked with fellow colleague,instead we go random agency, these varied from convicited paedophiles, drug addicts and alcoholics,to people who have stabbed several people.

horrible place, and horrible culture of awarding the bad people and punishing the goods workers.

only good thing is the wages
Pros
wages
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, poor management
productive and fun workplace
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 June 2018
it was a big challenge for me because I did not work physically but I managed it well and I was even a month employee. Work ok. Management ok A big downside was that sometimes you had to wait a long time for work Sometimes even 7 days but work in JL was fine Mechanized, well-organized Agents from a company that employed employees were always helpful The work was heavy / high speed which gave the machine / and exhaustive but I liked it
Pros
good atmosphere, people, salary
Cons
too short brakes
Excellent
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station13 May 2018
Very good company had good experience good co works worked there for a long time .I enjoyed working there very much manager and supervisor are helpful
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots of benefits
Warehouse parts record orders (Former Employee) –  UK9 May 2018
Good communication well organize peoples team work and supports work loads in hard time overloads well organise team work and good security support.You can meet different of peoples
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
9 Hrs
good team
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton20 April 2018
While working at warehouse for the John Lewis company I enjoyed the hours I was given and was surrounded by friendly staff members.Respected company very lots of benefits and days out to do with your family
Good pay, repetitive work.
Warehouse operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 April 2018
Was working here for 3 months good place to work a lot of people to make friends with but the staff were a bit moody. Good pay, but was very repetitive as i was a picker on the night shift.
Pros
pool table, good pay, canteen and a McDonald's down the road and a burger van on site.
Cons
Long 10 hour shifts. Moody staff
productivity and good environment for devloping skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire1 April 2018
Was a very good experience that contributed for my personal development. I was introduced to a company that considers all members as a family so, it feels very comfortable to start.
Good workplace
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2018
everyday is different and brings some challenges to complete the tasks, but there where fun starts. stick around longer and u find lots of awesome reasones why John Lewis is cool place to start your career.
Pros
free caffee hours
Cons
overtime available, depending on busy period
Great job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Its very simple and easy job. Break was on the time. Good managers . Good salary. Training good. People is friendly....................................
Terrible place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire6 January 2018
Security checks in place for entering and leaving the site that take an enormous amount of time to complete. The pay is terrible, the break structure is terrible and they will literally sack you on the spot.
Good place for working
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2017
John Lewis is a good workplace.The jobs in their NDC are easy to do for everyone.Mangers supervising their teams very well.John Lewis is a place where you can be happy.
day at work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 October 2017
it was good to work for John Lewis but i am looking for a job related to my studies. John Lewis did support me with my studies e-g when i needed time off for my exams or for family.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lower pay rate
a good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park Royal,West Acton,w3 0TP5 September 2017
i enjoyed working for the company meeting dead lines by picking
packing goods/sort /checking invoices as a warehouse operative
We had KPI to acheive met them
Very Depressing
Distribution Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Enfield11 August 2017
I have worked faithfully for JLP for many years. First in Watford and then to Enfield. Since moving to Enfield gradually the working environment has worsened. It is such that I no longer enjoy going to work. Despite being into my 19th year the so called 6 months off is being gradually removed and all employees feel undervalued. I feel I need to be in an environment that makes me happy.
Pros
Bonus but that has been eroded over last 3 years
Cons
Start at 6am, No Canteen, 1 Hours drive
Good working atmosphere
Drivers Mate/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 June 2017
Well organized shifts which allowed me to plan well in advance. Enjoyed dealing with customers and phoning them ahead on behalf of the driver for when and what time we would deliver
Pros
Shift patterns