John Lewis & Partners Employee Reviews in Nottingham

Awful.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham31 August 2018
Short staffed, stressful, not a nice place to work. Managers wander around chatting and laughing while the staffed are stretched to the limit. Not recommended.
Fitted kitchen administration/sales (Former Employee) –  Nottingham4 January 2018
Work with good team very busy environment important to us to give excellent customer service.Typical day at work insulating customer files raising orders keeping customer up to date with order progress either via telephone email or arranging appointments for customer to visit store for consultation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Fun and loving workplace!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 September 2017
Super fun to have work experience at John Lewis as everyone was very welcoming and lovely! I felt right at home! The store was lovely and I couldn't of asked for a better experience:)
Professional
Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 August 2017
Very professional business that makes you feel at home as well as very important while working. Its a very nice environment to work in, the staff are great.
It's a shop
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham29 July 2017
In retail there is no better place to work when it comes to being looked after. The benefits are wonderful i.e., yearly bonus, staff discount and pension. However, it is a shop management could do with remembering that. A shop won't change the world for the better, people buy things. Management can take it all far too seriously. It is becoming increasingly difficult to advance through the ranks with them preferring to opt for the graduate schemes rather than training up loyal staff who care about the business.
Pros
Your fellow staff become an extention of your family.
Cons
Pay is awful
A company going down the pan
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 July 2017
What was regarded as a good company to work for is now something of the past. Management is poor and there is no real leadership in the business, workers are very demotivated and demorilised.
Great wok environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 June 2017
Managers and staff are all very welcoming and friendly. There's a good sense of teamwork and comradery. Overall a good work opportunity for anyone looking for a good retail experience
Professional and corporate
Leisure Benefits Coordinator / Stock Management (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, UK17 April 2017
A target driven company which has become a corporate environment in recent years. It is still a great place to work as far as retail is concerned and offers a competitive salary.
Pros
Annual bonus and leisure benefits
Cons
Increasing corporate environment
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, UK9 March 2017
Been with the company 5 years and they are very supportive about personal development. Encourage partners to share good practice and ideas.
Benefits are great and a good work life balance
Pros
Great people, Benefts and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Pay
One of the worlds great retailers
Stock management (Former Employee) –  Nottingham2 March 2017
Friendly hardworking staff who are payed well and looked after by their employer through various benefits such as paid overtime and realistic job progression. Hard work and a good attitude does not go unnoticed here.
Great opportunities
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham24 February 2017
Working here was very rewarding. There are multiple opportunities for you to get involved in. The other staff members are so friendly and make you feel very welcome. They are just like family. The actual work is very rewarding as you are not just doing one thing the whole time. The managers get involved in work on the shop floor alongside you so you do not feel belittled in anyway. They are always on hand to deal with situations and support you as much as they possibly can.
Pros
Flexibility, Team Working
Cons
Long Hours
A very good place and compsnt to work for 😊
Night Shift Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 February 2017
It was a very family knit shift we worked all got on and knuckled down when we needed to graft . The other workers and stay were easy to get on with and ready and willing to help in any way
Pros
Close to home a very relaxed atmosphere and people to work for
Cons
None that i can think of was a very good experience
good place to work feels like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire31 January 2017
I started working for the partnership a little over 14 years ago and in that time i have experience every aspect of retail. At the start of my career with the partnership there was now internet shopping and they had only just started to open seven days a week now the business is present in over sixty five countrys and has become Briton's favourite retailer for both online and in store this is down to the work place culture and the in vestment in both customer service and knowledge of the products.

There is never a typical day at john lewis as every customer can offer there own challenges and with the new flexibility all partners could be moved around at any point and may never be in the same section concisely.

The hardest part of the job is adapting to change and the speed of which the business has had to adapt due the the customers change in shopping culture.

Some poor management customers can be the hardest part of the job
Pros
family atmosphere bonus they care
Cons
pore management in some stores and inexperience due to age
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 January 2017
Hard working at a fast pace and making sandwiches and cobs for customers all over town and making wraps , helping everyone else if I had finished with what I am doing
Exciting and productive workplace
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 February 2016
I was enabled to learn a lot during my time there despite only being there for a short period as a Christmas temp, everyone working there is incredibly friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed working for John Lewis.
Great 1st Job
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 January 2016
gave me the 'big wide world' experience as a youngster. 100% professional company that will invest in employees with ambition.
Good Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre18 October 2015
Had a great time working here, gained experience working as a big team and handling busy periods of trade. The colleagues were lovely and we even got free lunch provided for our hard work. Its a big shop and had a lot of different products to learn about from kitchen ware to bedroom furniture. The management team were OK but could have been a bit more supportive.
Pros
Free lunches
Varied experience.
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham16 July 2015
Depending where you're stationed, a day can be fast paced or extremely slow. I've learned how to sell a range of products I've never associated or taken an interest in before. Co-workers are brilliant and I have a healthy relationship with all ages. Management are good but sometimes a little dis-organised, yet that's understandable. Hardest part is trying to please every customer, more frequently via telephone when messages come from complaints. Most enjoyable part of the job is the customers you meet and when you're praised for helping them successfully.
Pros
Long breaks, bonus and benefits
Cons
Low staffing and favouritism
Productive workplace
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 April 2015
a typical days work for me was on the fitting rooms but also collecting stock for customers from the warehouse and also putting it onto the shop floor. I also dealt with customers, from enquiries to queries to merely just asking for basic directions.
I learned a lot more about customer service and giving the best and sometimes going beyond with basic demands from customers, I learn how the fitting rooms worked, which I didn't know before.
The floor I was on was managed well, as I was swapped around quite a bit to get a taster for new things and sections on the shop floor. I was well looked after by the staff even if it was for a short space of time, they made me feel really comfortable.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours and being constantly busy during each hour with new demands and tasks given unto me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was trying new things and developing my customer service skills even further. I also made new friends who were on the same temporary vacancy I was so we were all a similar age and got on really well.
Pros
gaining new skills and confidence
brilliant company
Christmas Temp Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG9 February 2015
although this was just a short term every one makes you feel welcome and you are treated as if you have always been there even from your first day.

a really busy fast track environment and keep on your toes. due to the shopping centre makeover it is a very dusty environment at this point of time especially working near the entrance doors to the centre.