John Lewis & Partners Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

a nice working environment
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant- in Kitchen too (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes8 September 2018
It was a great place to work in, lots of perks and a good amount of breaks.
Straightforward work, good if you like interacting with people. Generally quite fun.
Pros
discounted food in cafe
Happy and Well Rounded
Systems Support (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes12 August 2018
Really grateful for my time with John Lewis, I have learnt so much. Partners are very friendly and supportive. Benefits are very good.
A fast paced and exciting place with great customer interaction. This be challenging but is rewarding knowing that your able to make a difference to your customers. Working behind the scenes, learnt a great deal about how the business is run and influence is welcome.
Pros
Supportive Environment
Cons
Long hours sometimes
No ethics, respect and equality.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 August 2018
I worked at john Lewis for 14 months. The reason behind i left is racist behaviour from my co workers. I did complain about it but no constructive action has been taken. Manager treat agency worker as body or slave instead of co worker. No greetings or respect. Worst experience i had in my whole life. JL should not recruit anyone apart from british or eu . Management is more bad than the company. Overall if the company. cant take any action against racism and supporting them who is racist that means jl is a racist company.
Great company to work for
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 August 2018
John Lewis is a very good company to work for they are very supportive in your career needs and push you if you want a better career for yourself a typical day is fast paced but the culture is a good one to be around the hardest part of the job is making sure that you get it right first time every time and be the best you can be and do the best for your customers.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Hours can change at short notice
Fun yet challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes14 July 2018
Working at John Lewis grew my confidence in the year that I worked there as well as enabling me to meet new people. Management was at times not great.
Pros
Good pay
Interesting people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 June 2018
Worked with some interesting people and some management that were actually employed by john Lewis but the agency itself didnt care about there workers
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
Agency not enough hours
A bright, clean and fun environment to work in.
WAREHOUSE SECTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire11 June 2018
Section Managers are allowed to work on projects and develop areas of the distribution centre.
They are not valued enough and used as supervisors not managers.

Pay does not reflect experience and performance.
Pros
Subserdised food.
Cons
Weekend and bank holiday working . Bonus scheme low reward.
Temporary Christmas Job (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 June 2018
Long hours, one short break, can be enjoyable when around others, meet new people. Most enjoyable when with others, hardest part of the job would be when there isn't anything to do.
Hours were okay, personally prefer the morning shift as it is a better atmosphere and social able hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
can become boring when there isnt anything to do
productive and fun workplace
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 June 2018
it was a big challenge for me because I did not work physically but I managed it well and I was even a month employee. Work ok. Management ok A big downside was that sometimes you had to wait a long time for work Sometimes even 7 days but work in JL was fine Mechanized, well-organized Agents from a company that employed employees were always helpful The work was heavy / high speed which gave the machine / and exhaustive but I liked it
Pros
good atmosphere, people, salary
Cons
too short brakes
Unprofessional behaviour
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 May 2018
Very unprofessional behaviour by hr personnel
During recruitment interview process
Laughing giggling during test by john lewis personnel staff
I found it unpleasant how the staff cary on with thier childish behaviour
Pros
Established company but senior staff are ill mannered
Cons
Poor pay and unfriendly management
fun work place
ppt picker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire21 April 2018
Whilst being a fun job driving a PPT truck all day it is a really productive job teaching you patterns within yourself to make the day flow. Also a job that requires a lot of focus!
Pros
driving a ppt truck
Cons
feel like a robot
great place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 March 2018
great management, I loved my job here no day as the same and they give you proper training. I loved working no the phones and dealing with the customer queries and complaints
Good Company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 March 2018
I enjoyed working for John Lewis. I coached and trained colleagues to do a good job. It had good benefits and perks..The people were friendly. I learned a lot about Customer Service..
Pros
Yearly Bonus
An ok place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 January 2018
Was ok to work here if you don't mind standing in one place all shift makes work easier but boring the staff are friendly and training is good fun sadly my contract ended
Pros
Cheap cafeteria
Cons
Boring working enviroment
Good workplace
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 January 2018
everyday is different and brings some challenges to complete the tasks, but there where fun starts. stick around longer and u find lots of awesome reasones why John Lewis is cool place to start your career.
Pros
free caffee hours
Cons
overtime available, depending on busy period
Thriving Company
Selling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 January 2018
John Lewis was an exceptional starting point for my career. I give thanks to John Lewis for my confidence I have developed and experiences I have had there.

They helped me and encouraged me to follow my passion and helped me become a Beauty Consultant.
Pros
Lots of benefits i.e discounts and events
Cons
Weekend Work
Great job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 January 2018
Its very simple and easy job. Break was on the time. Good managers . Good salary. Training good. People is friendly....................................
Working
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 October 2017
All gd for the 2yare I was there got on with all works and boss was on pick truck n using voice got on with it we'll all ways 💯% pick all ways on time
Good place for working
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 October 2017
John Lewis is a good workplace.The jobs in their NDC are easy to do for everyone.Mangers supervising their teams very well.John Lewis is a place where you can be happy.
Great staff
Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 September 2017
Very satisfying workplace.
Good atmosphere. Great customer service.
Excellent canteen. John Lewis look after their staff very well.

The hardest part was going home!!!!!
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Not enough security