John Lewis & Partners Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 1,394 reviews
Yes great fun management were great help
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 June 2018
start at 7/8 in morning
provided uniforms in changing room
go down to bay and collect deliveries
put them away and start making 100 plain scones and 100 mixed fruit scones.
rest of kitchen team do the sandwiches
breaks then if u make 10 of each sandwich and its busy and u run out u have to be on the ball and make more
learned a lot again just not enjoying it because I was used to a busy enviourment and that wasn't busy enough for me.
management where great go along brilliantly with them never had bad word to say always helping you if they weren't busy.
Pros
breaks when not overly busy, nice food, good hours 7/8 - 3
Cons
couldnt name 1
Sl
Fraud Investigation Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 April 2018
3 months contract dealing with trying to stop fraud and to stop people at xmas being defruaded of there money with other people buying goods on there card and getting it sent to a different address.
Pros
how not to be cuaght by fraudsters
Cons
to many calls
Productive and Fun Place
Delivering quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 April 2018
Typical Day at work - Joyous
Learning Abilities - Conversational Pieces
Management - Boistrous
Workplace Culture - Strict and Domineering
Hardest Job was the ionline nterface with Customers
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive work envrionment
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 March 2018
A well established blue chip company which is used as the benchmark for retail business. It is a positive environment where staff and customers are extremely well looked after.
Pleasent company to work for.
Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 November 2017
Enjoyed my time there. I worked in many departments progressing within my time. Friendly people and friendly staff. Would highly recommend this position,
Work Ethic
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 August 2017
Whilst working at John Lewis, it has helped me gain much more experience in customer service, due to the fact that I had to deal with so many different clients from different backgrounds at different levels.
Pros
Break Time
Cons
Some of the Rules
John lewis
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 July 2017
Different shift patterns, friendly place to work. My typical day was serving customers, stock rotations and control. Health and safety. I learned that Customer Service is very important.
Good atmosphere and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 July 2017
Was okay but hours changed frequently and managing was not up to scratch, wouldn't like to work for online sales in the future, maybe direct supplier or back office
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours st weekends
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 June 2017
mentors were very good and everybody was very helpful everyone was fun and productive doing work experience there is the best place to do work experience.
Good Management Experience
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 May 2017
John Lewis gave me the opportunity to gain management experience. However due to the nature of the work it was difficult to implement change to very out dated systems and processes.
Excellent Place
CSA (Current Employee) –  Glasgow27 April 2017
If you want to be respected and have your voice heard, this is the place to work. Fair opportunities and the opportunity to create change. Fun and loyal teammembers
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Retail
Productive place to work
Operational Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow7 April 2017
I loved working for John Lewis.com and although the travelling too Manchester was a bit much and long hours I really enjoyed working with colleagues, managers etc. I had personal commitments at the time I had to leave.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor Salary
Fun and rewarding
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow1 March 2017
In my time at John Lewis, I learned a lot about sales and customer experience. It was very fun and rewarding and I made a lot of friends.
Busy, challenging yet very rewarding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 February 2017
I started working in John Lewis as a seasonal member of staff in the Audio Visual Department. I gained experience working in a busy environment while maintaining an excellent standard of customer service. I was responsible for giving information to customers on an individual basis regarding the product they wished to buy and so had to amass a great deal of technical knowledge about televisions, audio equipment and computers. I had to address customer complaints as they arose and use the tills during busy periods. I was selected to be kept on as a Sales Assistant in the shoe department where I had to quickly adapt to learning new information about the products. I was responsible for giving friendly advice to customers about out products, ordering the stock room and making the shop front look presentable
Pros
Subsidised Lunches
Cons
Very long hours and training was not very thorough
Would love to work there again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 January 2017
Co-workers were so great to work with; there is always someone there to give advice and lend a helping hand. Great team work and clear working schedule.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Strict on female dress code.
dynamic workplace
Stock management partner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 January 2017
Dynamic and fun place to work at, partners as well as managers are very helpful. Environment is always changing, you constantly have to adapt to new situations.
Warehouse operative/ drivers mate
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 January 2017
Liked working for John Lewis just a shame my contract ran out and I had to leave as I really did enjoy working for hen wiether in the warehouse or out doing the deliveries everyone was friendly and always happy to help you if you needier any assistance and overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Friendly work force
Understaffed
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 December 2016
They are very understaffed - great benefits, but salary is not enough to cover the amount of work that was done. Customers are not hospitable towards staff.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long and understaffed hours
a company where staff look down their nose at others
Delivery porter. (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 August 2016
For me this is a job to bring in money while I attend college.
John Lewis are a company that like to pride themselves on being a family company but sadly are only interested in profit and nothing else.
They also have agency staff that have been there for a number of years and will not give them jobs in the company although they actually need the agency workers to do the jobs.
Pros
A change of scenery most days.
Cons
Lots.
Fast pace enjoyable
Held orders/fraud (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 July 2016
Was great working here as part of fraud team and working at fast professional pace only reaaon i left was to spend year with my 3rd child now i can only work nights and weekends unfortunately john lewis was just to far to travel but still world class service company to work for