John Lewis & Partners

John Lewis & Partners Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,878 reviews
Found 1,878 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity
As it was a new site at Logic Park I found that there was an opportunity to progress fairly quickly.

There was a quick turn around of management in the short space of time and overall I had a pleasant experience working there.
Refurb to online pick point.
Temp site manager to oversee the installation to the online pickup point.
Ripout of old and renew lights ceilings floor coverings, instal new layout

to sales floor, move and replace furniture. final clean.
Calm environment to work in
The pople are nice if you're nice to them. Working patterns can be made to be very flexible if needed, which is nice to have a human side to management.
Getting worse
Staff are treated like slaves as more staff leave the ones left are working 3 times as much. The wages are less than asda for non management. Managers are inconpitant.
Problematic call centre
Mangers didn’t know how to manage, high turn over of staff, so much bullying. The place was very much “if your face fit” in very ill experienced teams... too much swapping between departments. And none of management being honest. Also when complaints, managers over turning your decision making you look incompetent to customers! Customers complain then ask for a manager when they don’t get what they want and then a manager just throws money at them
Fun and socialble
I really enjoyed working at John Lewis, I worked in the beauty hall, I enjoyed everyone I worked with, fun and easy job, but the money is not great thats why I had to leave.
Good team ,easy work
It's a good place with friendly people ,all people help you if you don't understand or if you can't make it ,the manager is friendly and your jobs is very easy .no stress
John Lewis
Overall experience was good but had minor inconveniences with management . Working environment was relaxed and team members were very friendly and helpful.
Always have the prospect to grow your career.
Good company to work for.Must be a team player.Must be customer orientated.Must have a flexible approach to work.Need to enjoy working with the public.
good company
It was a good place to work. Friendly people in the company good work cultulre. Learnt alot of great skills that has help me pushed my transferrable skills.
Great introduction into the work place as a first job
John Lewis Parternship is a good place to work. I wasn't there very long but they made me feel welcome and provided me with the training I required to get me up to seed with the job. A nice introduction to work.
n/a
the customer base is always different from young to old customers with a veriity of technical issues with different operating systems.
we also do installs in store from basic to advanced
Temporary job but nice environment
Ok environment standards have surely gone down !!! not like before, management is not very keen to help. Sometimes a good discount with your discount card
Enjoyable
Worked as a Christmas temporary worker for John Lewis. The typical day included starting early to stock up all the shelves in my section, including sorting out any deliveries that arrived that morning. From then on it was maintenance of the section, which was hard work sometimes because of the peak in sales John Lewis experience at Christmas. However, I really enjoyed the responsibility and the communicative side of things, speaking to many people and prioritising jobs. Everyone was friendly and worked well as a team, however it can sometimes be frustrating when many people ask you to do jobs at once, however I expected this when joining. If you do not mind getting up early, and can work well on your own, this job is ideal.
Never a dull moment
Everyday is different at JL which brings it's own challengers and rewards.
The job can get quite full on at times but the teamwork is excellent so the job always gets done.
Ambiente molto bello e stipendio ottimo!
Ottimo lavoro dal punto di vista economico e anche lavorativo!
Collaborative and positive workplace
It was my first job as a young teenager and I can say that it was a very place for me to start. I would strongly recommend it for anyone to start. I was able to learn everything at a pace that was comfortable, also with my disability being a huge worrying factor, they made it much easier and made I was not to feel disadvantaged along with adapting my job role to best fit my skills.
Team driven, effective, supportive
As an employee of John Lewis, I was supported through my role by effective managers and great team work. The management were approachable and hands on. Hardest part of the job was the cold in the early hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support and encouragement from the other night shift team workers. A typical night shift would include a short team brief, unloading a delivery lorry, selecting your floor area and restocking all the produce in the delivery crates including any promotional lines.
Ottimo posto di lavoro
Un azienda che permette una crescita professionale mediante costi di aggiornamento
Disappointing
I dedicated years to the business, never got any recognition! they just want short, cheap labour.

They promote people who are yes men.

They don't recognise commitment or years of service in any way.
Not as good as they advertise
Caring out an exaggerated vehicle check. Poor quality equipment and vehicles. Not allowed satellite navigation. A map must be followed which is not safe because most of the time a safe parking spot is not founded where to stop and check the map, you must do it while driving. Changing at least 5 trailers a shift
Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.