John Grose

John Grose Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
All about the margins, difficult to transition from a career in customer focus to one where bottom line targets overrule satisfaction and integrity also very little top down engagement so little opportunity to improve effectiveness
Worked as part of a fantastic, tight-knit team. Customer focused, with lots of opportunities to interact with other departments/locations, who were always patient and helpful. Approachable management team, supportive and fair. HR always willing to listen and work to resolve issues. Great discounts when buying cars and on rental prices.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee, Free Employee Parking, Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours- knew this at interview, childcare became issue later
How can anyone enjoy working there is beyond me very very poor management service manager is a poor people person and leaves everyone to do everything whilst his just going out for a cigarette every 20 minutes then spends double the time out there. equipment in the place is very poor and behind times. i dont know anyone who is happy there and no wonder everyone i spoke to is looking to get out asap. atmosphere is shocking and they will not help you progress or send you on any training coarse. my advice for anyone looking to work here STAY AWAY you will find a better place where youd be appreciated and better pay.
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
management and the company
This is by far the worst or one of the worst Ford dealerships there is in the country. Staff are the rejects from elsewhere who have been sacked or can't get a better job anywhere else. Ford will hire you though as long as you are willing to work the role of 2/3 people with no on site training just chucked in at the deep end on your first day. Never any company stock available for business customers/clients. My advise is try Any other Ford nearby for a much better service. Prices are a rip off with not all that much happening behind the scenes. Parts department are good though apart from the ford prices. Always advertising cause people are always going elsewhere when they can. No customer service skills here just zero ability to do anything.
Far from happy with the company and will look foreward to leaving soon staff not appreciated and wage is peanuts have to use holiday up for family emergencies illness appointments funerals mot happy with the direction management have made the company go and the way staff are treated
Pros
Cons
Almost every thing
Worked at John grose Lowestoft. Service manager does not have a clue about running a business and how he still has a job is beyond me. The Girls out the front get no help at all place is far to expensive to pull customers in poor wage don’t look after staff only care about figures and not the staffs health. The clowns upstairs don’t have a clue about anything. Glad to be gone and wouldn’t recommend anyone to use them for custom let alone work there.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Everyone I met at John Grose was friendly and there was a nice working atmosphere. I worked here for work experience and it was enjoyable. Whilst working here I learned about the workshop, the call centre, front desk, the part department and warehouse. I also learned about the showroom and insurance on the vehicles.
Transferring from public to private sector was quite daunting but the staff here have made the transition easy. I have settled in easily due to friendliness of staff at all levels and find the work interesting and varied.
Pros
Working pattern, team work, friendly staff
I enjoyed my years with the company, learned loads and with time gained much experience unfortunately the company recently shut down so I am looking for another job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at John Grose?
Challenging and rewarding environment to work. Lots of scope to get involved in different aspects of the company and real opportunity for progression with the right work ethic. Great team spirit, fair management style. Overall a great company to work for with lots of variety.
Having worked at John Grose for a number of years, the culture and ethos developed by the Management Teams and adopted by the employees is one of the key reasons for still being part of the Company. They have been fantastic at supporting me back into work after having children and have kept the work diverse and fast paced to keep it interesting.
Varied duties make for interesting days. Started as Trainee, learnt all skills on the job and made my way up within the department. Management and Senior Management are very approachable. There is a big emphasis on working within teams to get the job done accurately and on time. I like being able to interact with people within different parts of the business. Overall a great employer to work for... added bonus you can get great deals on purchasing cars and servicing/repairs.
Teams would work together to help each other when they could but there was also a lot of sole responsibility in certain aspects such as selling a car to a customer
The parts manager thinks he know it all got an answer for everything even if your right he is never wrong never apologises if he is wrong the people he has working for him suck up to him something chronic just to keep him happy Also got on with everyone else in the company
all profit.Targets. No teamwork. All bonus to Sales, not those supporting. drivers delivering long distance-lowest of the low-sky high expectations - moving cars locally pays the same as those who risk £250plus doing deliveries. Training is MINIMAL. HR poor. Will not deal with abusive staff. Avoid commercial jobs locally. Service department -more targets-too few skilled techs-high prices. Little skill recognition. They 'over promote' company people. HR- miles behind the times; try public service - miles better. Used car sales the only place to be.
Pros
Nothing to justify working there
Cons
Lack of teamwork. Sales people are treated like royalty
Started here as an apprentice over a year ago. Training has been very good and I'm learning a lot of working life and enjoying the challenge. All staff have made me feel so welcome and they are very helpful and always willing to help when it's needed. I have been assigned a mentor.
Pros
Great staff, good training, good career prospects
THE worst company I've ever worked for.....management is a joke... HR manager is useless, do not listen to there employees whatsoever... You will only get far if you kiss up to the management. Awful pay, awful condition, awful company!
Pros
Nothing..!
Cons
You got a couple of hours spare while I'll list them..!
I have been very happy in my role in sales. Everyone is welcoming and training is good. Change in personal circumstances means I have to say farewell.
Pros
Work 'family'
Cons
This company has really gone downhill in recent years. Staff are not listened to or appreciated by management. Numerous staff changes with no replacements so workloads increase with no extra pay. Staff expected to work all day without lunch breaks due to staff staff shortages. You are expected to use annual leave for things like funerals, hospital appointments etc. Distinct lack of empathy for staff. Best decision I ever made to leave here. Staff are the only good thing about the place.
Pros
Xmas turkey
Cons
Long hours, all take and no give, unrealistic expectations, lack of proper management, management do not listen to staff
Management will bully workforce for their own ends and do not appreciate their staff and expect you to perform miracles all for profit. Workforce always unhappy and not a nice place to work.
Pros
Christmas turkey or wine
Cons
Management are bullies
Directors and senior management treat people with no respect. It is all about the company not the individuals that work for them, no communication from above except when you have done something wrong.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Too many to list