John Crane

John Crane Employee Reviews

Interesting workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate19 July 2019
went on placement during year 11 and had lots of fun. Was really good engineering placement
John Crane
Regional Service Manager South Wales/South West (Former Employee) –  South Wales / South West18 February 2019
There was no typical day ! Due to the reactive nature of the work for the customer it was very varied.

Learned all about refurbishment of company products, when to offer upgrades and give high service levels with a small local team,

Management structure changed several times but was generally supportive of the Service Centre.

Workplace was very good with very good local and National team spirit.

Hardest part was to maintain Service Centre turnover despite many large companies shutting down in the area. the team managed to do this by seeking out new customers. I would like to think that I would be still in the job if the decision had not been made to centralise the Service function of the company in one centre in Manchester.

Most enjoyable was all of the above and satisfying customer requirements.
Pros
Working with a good team.
Cons
None, very enjoyable.
Great focus to improve within EHS and other critical business needs, and great people
Divisional Group Head EHS&S EMEA (Former Employee) –  Global - EMEA- Field based20 March 2018
Great business with great people. Leadership within operations is fantastic, and very strong across all areas of the business to be honest. The business has a real focus on delivering the highest levels of EHS standards to customers and employees. Very skilled and dedicated staff within all areas.
Pros
Stable, growth opportunities, travel, people
Cons
Nome
very good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire4 May 2017
i worked at johncrane slough for 16 years, it was a good place to work, i picked orders, i made different kinds of seals,ie 515e bellow assy 502,ect, i also done stores and packing.
Pros
good learning exprience
Cons
I learnt alot of new skills. I was always busy working and enjoyed the job that I did and the people that I worked with.
Warehouse Operative (night shift) (Former Employee) –  Slough8 August 2016
I worked on the Night shift. I wokred as a warehouse operater. Booking in goods. Using the SAP system which was a skill that learnt at John Crane. The management were always supportive and helpful. I really enjoyed working with my collegues. We all worked well in a team. I didnt find any part of my job hard but there were challanges that I came across and facing them and solving them was satisfying and I enjoyed this.
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG6 August 2015
Whilst at the company I was working within the Marketing Department. A typical day consited of updating marketing information on the company's intranet. Specifically covering literature updates for numerous products and integrated literature images from associated John Crane global companies. I also help correct the mistakes on their brochures i.e. spelling, images and format.

I learnt that there is more to a company with different departments interweaving with one another, but not just internally, but also inclusive of external specialist companies that help design and print the various brochures. This developed my communicational skills by talking to clients and the various people that deal with projects.

The co-workers in the Marketing Department were great to work with. They helped each other when neccesary and allowed you independece to learn and find your own way to sort things out.

The hardest part of the experience was simply the first hour when I was nerveous and when I was set a new task that with limited experience, but once they had shown and explained the basics I was able to proceed quickly.

The entire 2 weeks that i was there were enjoyable.
Pros
Experience with clients
A challenging workplace; ever changing priorities; meeting tight deadlines.
OBM Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 April 2014
A typical day involves dealing with customer queries; dealing with escalated issues from internal and external customers; daily re-organisation of work load to meet with the priorities of the day.

I have developed my ability to thrive in a very pressured work environment. in order to strive to meet customer expectations.

I manage a team and deal with the issues that this can entail. I enjoy the challenge that this can present.

Colleagues are key; developing positive relationships allows you to nurture a network of contacts which can assist you to evolve in your role; knowing who to contact when you do not know the answer!

The hardest part of the job, is delivering bad news and managing the response when the news is delivered. It can also be a challenge getting an answer that you need in a timely manner to keep the communication channels open with the customer.

The best part of the job is the challenge. The fast moving pace of a dynamic work environment; meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Pros
Share save scheme
Cons
Development opportunties
Engineering
Commercial Fuels Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 December 2013
A typical day at work is hectic and very busy. I work within the OBM Team and we distribute the days work between each of us. Helping each other out whenever possible. Sharing knowledge and helping with certain Customers. The Team work well together, The hardest part of the Job is ensuring all aspects of the Order Book are given equal amounts of attention and timely manner and correctly. The most enjoyable part of the role is Customer satisfaction. When you know you've gone that extra mile to ensure the Customer is given the Service they should have.
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Slough4 September 2013
Working with some smart like minded people who want to constantly improve performance of the product
Solid Company
Supervisory Engineer (Former Employee) –  Antrim town prior to closure13 August 2012
This was a good company to work for with good conditions and employee care
Pros
good sick scheme and pension contributions
Cons
pulled out of n.ireland
No comments at this time
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Slough5 May 2012
Night shift worker.
Booking stock in ( goods Inwards ) and picking and packing goods and issuing them on data base ( SAP ).
Management is poor and could improve.
Co-workers are ok.
Hardest part is long shifts and feeling tired because of shift pattern.
Pros
good salary
Cons
long hours over short period.